• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
I saw this on Neogaf. I had no idea this was your original post.

See, this is why I almost always put my site and twitter handle on things I make. I don't do it once, and people start posting it around instead of linking to the place where they found it, defeating the purpose of it being me making a contribution to the community. :unsure:
Oh well, it's not like it matters that much, as long as it informs people. It's not gonna matter in three months anyways. :rolleyes:
Sorry for the off topic, by the way.

Don't take this in an abrasive way because it's not meant to be, but I don't understand exactly what you mean, other than "some leaks are fake", which we already... know, you know?

It's simply about the nature of people who want to create fake leaks, and how they're solely predictions disguised as declarations of truth. If you look at my post, I basically created a fake leak, simply by turning a statement that is a set of predictions into ones that are declarative in nature. And sadly it is the declarative ones that are driving people here into forcing this discussion almost into a speculatory thread...

( And appearently I may have unintentionally fooled someone here into thinking that example was a leak! xD )

Hey, is it just me or does that water tengu look like Golduck?

Now that you mention it, yeah, kinda does.
And I have been keeping a list of seen pokémon, and we have only seen regular Psyduck, not Golduck, so an Alolan Golduck is certainly still possible.

I could see it having a Water/Ghost or Water/Psychic type since those Kawatengu can create some mysterious fireball things that scare fishermen away. So those types would make some sense in that context.

All of this will be pointless if that interpretation I came up with isn't what the Riddler intended though.

Btw, was browsing 4chan and someone just posted Riddler's new hint, which contains a picture of Anabele of all things! :eek:

Crg3vxkXEAAVnaD.jpg:large

If any of you can read Chinese and clarify, that would be awesome.

I remember Anabel being able to communicate with pokémon through a sort of telepathy, where she could feel what they were thinking.
Maybe it's related to that pokémon communication system the Game Freak team said they wanted to make in some interviews before?

Alternatively, Anabel used to have a Snorlax in Emerald, so was this a hint to the Snorlium Z thing before it was revealed?
I'm confused again. :confused:

EDIT: Source of the Riddler leaks just for reference (scroll down) - 回复:【捏它属性+复活属性】【精灵宝可梦】趣味贴~_精灵宝可梦吧_百度贴吧

Last edited by a moderator:
And I have been keeping a list of seen pokémon, and we have only seen regular Psyduck, not Golduck, so an Alolan Golduck is certainly still possible.

I could see it having a Water/Ghost or Water/Psychic type since those Kawatengu can create some mysterious fireball things that scare fishermen away. So those types would make some sense in that context.

All of this will be pointless if that interpretation I came up with isn't what the Riddler intended though.

Btw, was browsing 4chan and someone just posted Riddler's new hint, which contains a picture of Anabele of all things! :eek:

I remember Anabel being able to communicate with pokémon through a sort of telepathy, where she could feel what they were thinking.
Maybe it's related to that pokémon communication system the Game Freak team said they wanted to make in some interviews before?

Alternatively, Anabel used to have a Snorlax in Emerald, so was this a hint to the Snorlium Z thing before it was revealed?

Translation:
Riddle 19: Here's the clue! The answer would be revealed in the near future (does he actually do this?)

Riddle 20 would the be the riddle that I would be giving for SM.

*end of translation*

Not very sure what that means but perhaps Battle Frontier would return in SM? *crosses fingers aggressively*

Last edited:
Translation:
Riddle 19: Here's the clue! The answer would be revealed in the near future (does he actually do this?)

Riddle 20 would the be the riddle that I would be giving for SM.

*end of translation*

Not very sure what that means but perhaps Battle Frontier would return in SM? *crosses fingers aggressively*

Thanks for taking a look. :)
From what I gather, that's mostly what he does. He posts pictures as hints of what's to come.
This one is very ambiguous or very direct though.

Well, Scott was gathering the Frontier Brains at the end of ORAS, so there's a potential period of 5+ years where they could build the island, assuming that Sun & Moon takes place sometime after or around XY.
This would mean that by that time the Frontier would be more than ready, and since this is the game where "everything comes together" it's still a possibility.
So yeah, *crosses fingers aggressively* in hopes of this Riddler thing being a reference to that. :LOL:

Last edited:
yes , yes, yes we need really one, after seeing Wishiwashis school form.(how the heck can they create something so scary that it's not a ghost as secondary???)

Scary =/= Ghost

It's simple as. Wishiwashi isn't a ghost or at least spiritual. Hence, it's not a ghost.

Unless you're telling me I've been taught how to cook by a ghost the past three years :eek:

But yeah, seeing how loose certain hints have been I wouldn't be surprised if the answer isn't as simple as Battle Frontier or something.

answer isn't as simple

I know that it's a pure water in both forms by the leaks, videos and official site.

we got a Alolan Marowak after 6 generations.

Marowak that had a skull on its head, that looked like a ghost and had in gen I spiritual relations to ghosts in the games.

Then why waste time and give that that School forms a secondary before game realese?
If its a Demon/Devil of the sea and looks more ghost type then Frillish and Jellicent?
If something looks like a ghost and they say that even a Gyardos ( Hyper Beam user) fears it?
Then it could be feared by normal and fighting types more.(Submarine, pirates, sea legends...)

Or maybe they plan in future a new form, evo or mega for it?

Last edited:

EDIT: Source of the Riddler leaks just for reference (scroll down) - 回复:【捏它属性+复活属性】【精灵宝可梦】趣味贴~_精灵宝可梦吧_百度贴吧

Looking at Bulbapedia, it appears that the first of her Pokemon is an Alakazam with Ice Punch, ThunderPunch, Fire Punch and Disable. That's a lot of punching moves and very few (read: none) Psychic moves for a Psychic Pokemon. Perhaps this is referring to the rumored Fighting Alolan Alakazam?

Other semi-interesting aspects about her teams are that she uses two of the three legendary dogs, a Snorlax and a Latios. So... pretty many legendaries, but then again I've never played though Battle Frontier myself so I don't know if using legendaries is a common thing there.
Also, the Snorlax doesn't have Giga Impact on either occasion, so this probably doesn't have much to do with Pulverizing Pancake.

Thanks for posting the Chinese riddler's link, now I can read it myself.

Riddler says
似乎有海外人士盯着这里呢
i_f25.png
,那么你们关心的雕像线索就破例再给出一次好了~
亚里士多德雕像:四元素 → 第五元素 → 天体 → 洞 → 异空间,以上~

I think he says something about the Aristotle statue being the 4th element --> 5th element --> sky objects --> hole --> alternate space.

So I think the one who guessed wormhole is right.

As for the water tengu though... it seems that Riddler said that the 3 pictures are for 3 separate Pokemon, instead of 1 single Pokemon.
But anyway, they could be a same family of Pokemon.

e1ddfc39b6003af3d5e38f233d2ac65c1038b623.jpg

This piture also looks interesting.
But he said that all these are revealed Pokemon.

Riddler then says that Magmar line are in the Alolan Pokedex. But does not say whether it will have Alolan form/ Z moves or whatever new stuff.

Aside of Totem Pokemon and Alolan Forms, something else is coming. And it is heavily advertised.
(My guess : Z forms from the 2ch leak?)

He then says"
Gen 6 : Meganium, Megayanma
Gen 7: Porygon Z

Anabel though.
My guess: Anabel has telepathy to communicate with Pokemon. It may be that the Rotom Pokedex can allow us to communicate with our Pokemon.

He also refers Mimikyu as Mimikyu family, instead of just Mimikyu, meaning that Mimikyu will either have pre evo or evo.
And Salandit family.
Drampa family.
Bruxish family.

Last edited:
Riddler says
似乎有海外人士盯着这里呢
i_f25.png
,那么你们关心的雕像线索就破例再给出一次好了~
亚里士多德雕像:四元素 → 第五元素 → 天体 → 洞 → 异空间,以上~

I think he says something about the Aristotle statue being the 4th element --> 5th element --> sky objects --> hole --> alternate space.

So I think the one who guessed wormhole is right.

It's really the only thing that made sense to me, but it's still kinda weird.

Btw, could you guys check what he says on riddles 12, 16, C, 18, 19, and 20
I believe he says they haven't been revealed yet? Could be more things we could discuss and try to figure out.
回复:【捏它属性+复活属性】【精灵宝可梦】趣味贴~_精灵宝可梦吧_百度贴吧

Back
Top Bottom