• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Riddler's update
I kinda reorganized it

Pokemon riddles:
one pic to one pokemon
The latest one is rugby+monkey, which doesn't seem new to people on rumor thread.
rrridddle.jpg

Plot riddles:
These kinds of riddles are even vaguer than the pokemon one.
Just for fun and don't waste too much time on plot riddles.
confirmed one:
Riddler posted a cloth on which skeleton is printed --- Team Skull
Riddler raised a question "What does Hala work as? Gym leader or Elite 4 or Professor or Champion or Passer-by or Other important roles?" --- We can't say being Kahuna confirmed it, but at least it can be the answer to the question.

new one:
Riddler raised a question again "How many professors are there in Alola? 1 or 2 or 3 or 4?"

Of course it means something. Besides Kukui, Oak is an easy guess, who appears almost everywhere.
Sycamore probably is there too, I guess, who will play a role to tell you lores of mega evolution in post game.

Riddler posted a pic of Anabel, who is the brain of Battle Tower in Emerald.
22222.PNG

Maybe Battle Frontier will return. Maybe Anabel will return. Maybe a girl with violet hair will appear in storyline.
Any of these can be the answer.

Riddler wrote a cipher code about chronology: ! [Zelda25],288

That's all.

Looking at Bulbapedia, it appears that the first of her Pokemon is an Alakazam with Ice Punch, ThunderPunch, Fire Punch and Disable. That's a lot of punching moves and very few (read: none) Psychic moves for a Psychic Pokemon. Perhaps this is referring to the rumored Fighting Alolan Alakazam?

Other semi-interesting aspects about her teams are that she uses two of the three legendary dogs, a Snorlax and a Latios. So... pretty many legendaries, but then again I've never played though Battle Frontier myself so I don't know if using legendaries is a common thing there.
Also, the Snorlax doesn't have Giga Impact on either occasion, so this probably doesn't have much to do with Pulverizing Pancake.
You're on to something mate.
In the anime Anabel is shown to have psychic abilities and in the game she uses a physical Alakazam, said Pokémon is the only Mon that carries over to her anime team where one of its strongest moves is Focus Punch. So this really might just be Alolan Alakazam

So... Riddler has posted a complete (?) list of appearing Pokemon from Kanto and Johto

绿毛虫家族,美乐美乐图鉴;
Caterpie family, MeleMele Pokedex

烈雀家族,游戏介绍视频中出现;
Spearow family, appears in game introduction.

No.024 - No.026 皮卡丘家族,美乐美乐图鉴;
Pikachu family, Melemele Pokdex

穿山鼠家族,地区形态,属性变为冰+钢;
Sandshrew family, Alolan Form, ice + steel

六尾家族,地区形态,属性变为冰→冰+妖精;
Vulpix family, Alolan form, ice + fairy

超音蝠家族,官网截图、游戏介绍视频中出现;
Zubat family, appears in official pictures, and also game introduction (not sure if this means game trailer)

喵喵家族,在主角家里;
Meowth family, inside your house. (But Riddler doesn't mention Alolan form)

可达鸭家族,官网截图中出现;
Psyduck family, appears in official pictures.

卡蒂狗家族,游戏介绍视频中出现;
Growlithe family, appears in game introduction video.

蚊香蝌蚪家族,游戏介绍视频中出现;
Poliwag family, appears in game introduction video

腕力家族,设定画;
Machop family, in concept art.

呆呆兽家族,游戏海滩边出现;
Slowpoke family, appears in the beach.

鬼斯家族,游戏介绍视频中出现;
Gastly family, appears in game introduction video

霹雳电球家族*,队长马玛内身上饰物;
Electrode family, appears as an accessory on a Trial Captain.

蛋蛋家族,地区形态,进化后属性变为草+龙;
Exeggcute family, Alolan form, grass dragon AFTER evolving.

袋兽家族,游戏介绍视频中出现;
Kangaskhan family, appears in game introduction video

墨海马家族*,水族馆装饰画,喷泉雕像;
Horsea family, appears as decoration in aquarium, and a fountain

海星星家族*,水族馆装饰画;
Staryu family, appears as a painting in aquarium

电击兽家族,游戏介绍视频中出现;
Electabuzz family, appears in game introduction video.

肯泰罗家族,宝可骑行;
Tauros, can be ridden.

鲤鱼王家族*,皇家对战蓝方入口;
Magikarp family, entrance decoration of Battle Royal.

拉普拉斯家族,宝可骑行;
Lapras can be ridden.

No.123 - No.131 伊布家族,游戏介绍视频中出现,根据遇敌画面推测栖息在左数第三个岛屿;
From Number 123 to 131 , Eevee family, appear in game introduction video, predicted that may be living in 3rd island.

多边兽家族*,新调教系统吹风机造型;
Porygon family, new hair dryer in the new Pokemon Amie.

卡比兽家族,游戏介绍视频中出现;
Snorlax family, appears in game intro video.

迷你龙家族,游戏介绍视频中出现。
Dratini family , appears in game intro video

Man, that's enough translation for one day. lol.

Aside of Totem Pokemon and Alolan Forms, something else is coming. And it is heavily advertised.
(My guess : Z forms from the 2ch leak?)

He then says"
Gen 6 : Meganium, Megayanma
Gen 7: Porygon Z

That clue seems easy I think. Gen 6 is Meganium and Yanmega hinting at Mega Evolution. Gen 7 is Porygon-Z. Given we already have Z-Moves I guess it means Z-Evolution or something that like, probably the Greninja (and Rockruff/starter?) stuff.

The man on the bike's helmet SLIGHTLY looks like Pikipek, perhaps an evolved form? Also, the seagulls may just be Wingulls.

I think the helmet is just stylised after Grubbin's head.

That clue seems easy I think. Gen 6 is Meganium and Yanmega hinting at Mega Evolution. Gen 7 is Porygon-Z. Given we already have Z-Moves I guess it means Z-Evolution or something that like, probably the Greninja (and Rockruff/starter?) stuff.

I think the helmet is just stylised after Grubbin's head.

Would make sense, since exclusive Z-Crystals for just one Z-Move sounds like too much work.
If the Crystals lend those pokémon some kind of form, it would better explain why they have exclusive Z-Crystals.
Snorlium Z in Japanese was also just Kabigon Z (Snorlax Z) by the way.
So I agree with that potential interpretation of the leak.

Riddler's update
I kinda reorganized it

Pokemon riddles:
one pic to one pokemon
The latest one is rugby+monkey, which doesn't seem new to people on rumor thread.
View attachment 100925

Plot riddles:
confirmed one:
Riddler raised a question "What does Hala work as? Gym leader or Elite 4 or Professor or Champion or Passer-by or Other important roles?" --- We can't say being Kahuna confirmed it, but at least it can be the answer to the question.

new one:
Riddler raised a question again "How many professors are there in Alola? 1 or 2 or 3 or 4?"

Of course it means something. Besides Kukui, Oak is an easy guess, who appears almost everywhere.
Sycamore probably is there too, I guess, who will play a role to tell you lores of mega evolution in post game.

View attachment 100926
Maybe Battle Frontier will return. Maybe Anabel will return. Maybe a girl with violet hair will appear in storyline.

That's all.
Yeah I saw the mention of Anabel it would be cool if the S.S. Anne can take you to the actual Battle Frontier it would definitely make up for ORAS since its earlier in the timeline and should already been built.

Of note: The elemental punches were all considered Special attacks in the game she appeared in despite being, well, punches. Thus, her alakazam was actually pretty powerful at the time, though it wouldn't be anywhere near as effective now that they're Physical. In order make it good again, she'd have to either change it's moveset or get a physically aligned alakazam- thus hinting at Fighting!kazam.

Of course, we could all be focusing on the wrong details here and be well off the mark. It does seem a lot simpler than the rest of the riddles were so far, so I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Hi I'm new. Just wanted to ask if there was a list of what everything the Riddler leak had to say?

fighting type Alakazam? maybe its not Anabel but her twin sister?
weird stuff, really weird stufff and where are the megas?

I know that it's a pure water in both forms by the leaks, videos and official site.

we got a Alolan Marowak after 6 generations.

Marowak that had a skull on its head, that looked like a ghost and had in gen I spiritual relations to ghosts in the games.

Then why waste time and give that that School forms a secondary before game realese?

Marowak and Wishiwashi aren't really comparable lol, Marowak actually appeared as a Ghost in RGBY and wears the bones of the dead, whereas Wishiwashi is a just a bunch of fish.

If its a Demon/Devil of the sea and looks more ghost type then Frillish and Jellicent?

Since when has demon/devil = Ghost? Also, School Wishiwashi doesn't look like a ghost at all, it just looks scary. Frillish and Jellicent resemble sheet ghosts, and thus look more ghostly.

If something looks like a ghost and they say that even a Gyardos ( Hyper Beam user) fears it?

1) It looking like a ghost is subjective at best and completely false at worst.
2) Why would it need to be ghost to scare Gyarados, which has access to dark moves it'll use more than Hyper Beam?

Then it could be feared by normal and fighting types more.(Submarine, pirates, sea legends...)

Why would it need to scare Normal and Fighting types more? We don't have any sea faring Normal or Fighting-Types, they're all terrestrial or fresh water Species.

Or maybe they plan in future a new form, evo or mega for it?

Because some random guy thinks it looks like a Ghost?

Also, Ghost School Wishiwashi wouldn't make sense because it's just a bunch of Wishiwashi together, and none of those Wishiwashi are Ghost types.

So speaking about something actually relevant to this thread, I'm really happy Mimikyu looks like it'll Evolve. I hope that it's either a split evo depending on happiness (a happy Mimikyu evo that reveals it's just cute in a different way with its disguise off, shaped like an Alolan Raichu, where it'd hang its old disguise off its tail (like Alolan Raichu's surf tail) or trade evo (a sad Mimikyu evo that is just the normal Raichu version of Mimikyu, with a few advancements on its ghostly side), although that sounds wishlisty.

But the idea of Z Forms is something I'm really on board with, and I feel like that'll be the starters (and Rockruff's) secret, seeing as they're all humanoid, or expected to be in Rockruff's case, due to the fact that I believe that it'll be the anime's bond phenomenon.

Riddler's update
I kinda reorganized it

Pokemon riddles:
one pic to one pokemon
View attachment 100925

Plot riddles:
confirmed one:

new one:

View attachment 100926

That's all.

Bless you for reorganizing it, now I can just copy this and paste it in the OP :D

Man that pic of Anabel could be anything. I hope something like the Battle Frontier returns, maybe Anabel build it herself in Alola and she introduces you to it or something, I would love that. Also very interested in that cipher, I guess Zelda25 has to do with the 25th anniversary of Zelda but furthermore I really don't have a clue.

Seems like a rugby monkey is a certainty. Hope it has an interesting typing and isn't just Fighting-type.

I'm hoping for Fighting/Ground and its final evolution to be a gorilla! Football/soccer players have leaner builds, which would fit a monkey, while rugby or American football players (I could guess it could be either of those) are generally more built up and muscular which would fit a gorilla.

I'm hoping for Fighting/Ground and its final evolution to be a gorilla! Football/soccer players have leaner builds, which would fit a monkey, while rugby or American football players (I could guess it could be either of those) are generally more built up and muscular which would fit a gorilla.
Watch, they are going to call the gorilla Harambe. :p

Man, I kinda hope not. Considering how the entire Internet is going on about Harambe right now, it'd get real annoying real fast. And then I'm going to hate this hypothetical gorilla Pokemon because I'll always associate it with that.

Back
Top Bottom