• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sernna Eevee gender

I'm pretty sure it's a girl still especially with Mika Kanai voicing it.

And we had Rica Matsumoto voicing Ash and Ikue Otani voicing Pikachu, Etsuko Kozakura as Piplup and more to go. Whats the problem with Mika Kanai voicing Eevee if its a male?

If it evolves into Sylveon and develops feelings for Pikachu like the magazine said I think that'll confirm it female.

If it evolves into Sylveon and develops feelings for Pikachu like the magazine said I think that'll confirm it female.

Unless Eevee develop feelings for Pikachu (which seems unlikely now), we can never confirm its female. (Or it develops feeling to Bunnelby and we got confirmation that Bunnelby is male, which is the more likely situation for now)

And a Sylveon means nothng. We even have male Gardevoirs and male Lopunnys. So argument invalid. (And the fact that Eevee line is 87.5% male and 12.5% female in ratio)

Unless Eevee develop feelings for Pikachu (which seems unlikely now), we can never confirm its female. (Or it develops feeling to Bunnelby and we got confirmation that Bunnelby is male, which is the more likely situation for now)

And a Sylveon means nothng. We even have male Gardevoirs and male Lopunnys. So argument invalid. (And the fact that Eevee line is 87.5% male and 12.5% female in ratio)

I was just going off what the magazine said. If Eevee doesn't like Pikachu isn't that false advertising on their end?

I was just going off what the magazine said. If Eevee doesn't like Pikachu isn't that false advertising on their end?

The credibility of Pokemon Fan Magazine has always been questionable. So I am not surprised.

i agreed with that

Som pokemon said to he

We know Ash Frogodaier is male

We don't know its gender. Period.

Some arguments people have made about Eevee being "female":

- It has a female VA in the Japanese version. Well, every major Eevee thus far has. In fact, Gary's Umbreon shared the same VA as Serena's Eevee as an Eevee. Was Gary's Pokemon female? Who knows? Besides, we've had cases of male Pokemon being voiced by females (Pikachu, Oshawott, Piplup, Meowth, Leavanny, Scraggy, Axew, Pansage, etc.) and female mons voiced by males (Yanmega, Georgia's Bisharp as a Bisharp). The point is, voice alone doesn't indicate gender.

- It wore a flower crown like Ash's Aipom, who was confirmed to be female by May just seconds later. Well, we didn't get any confirmation that Serena's Eevee was a girl, so no conclusion there. Also wearing flower crowns =/= being female, as much as the anime likes to have the two-gender dichotomy with activities (that is, Serena and Bonnie wore crowns; the males didn't).

The point is, we need direct evidence a Pokemon is a certain gender. Whether it is a Pokemon being hit by Attract or Cute Charm (or in Yanmega's case, failed to), or it is someone stating a Pokemon's gender in the Japanese version, that's what we need. A Pokemon acting in a stereotypically male or female way, or a Pokemon showing attraction to a Pokemon whose gender has been confirmed (Chespin and a female Meowstic), aren't strong enough indicators of gender.

Last edited:
*sigh* Am I the only guy who got tired of this lately?

Because of such things that may not been approved by the officials yet, it doesn't mean that we do know kinds of it.

Serena's Eevee in general may have shown some graceful and beauty moves that could lead into feminism. Is it confirmed female? Not yet. Major lean? Probably.
As Ampharos King has said, there are tons of unknown gender for Pokemon from its trainer especially Main Companions and Rivals. No matter how many times we tried, it's just very hard to conclude in the end.

Just in case if you're saying the example of Ash's Pikachu as comparison of no gender known, then you're dead wrong. There's an appearance of Female Pikachu and its obvious characteristics from the anime which differentiate it from the male Pikachu. Same goes for Jessie's Wobbuffet. For years, we haven't know if it was Female or Male. Now in XY, an episode features it with another Pokemon which what it looks like a Female Wobbuffet and from there, it was confirmed male since then (Except if they made the female was male, that would be more shocking).

Totally my bottom line, unless we have VERY strong evidence, we cannot say that Eevee along with other Pokemon were specified on which gender is.

Last edited:
*sigh* Am I the only guy who got tired of this lately?

Because of such things that may not been approved by the officials yet, it doesn't mean that we do know kinds of it.

Serena's Eevee in general may have shown some graceful and beauty moves that could lead into feminism. Is it confirmed female? Not yet. Major lean? Probably.
As Ampharos King has said, there are tons of unknown gender for Pokemon from its trainer especially Main Companions and Rivals. No matter how many times we tried, it's just very hard to conclude in the end.

Just in case if you're saying the example of Ash's Pikachu as comparison of no gender known, then you're dead wrong. There's an appearance of Female Pikachu and its obvious characteristics from the anime which differentiate it from the male Pikachu. Same goes for Jessie's Wobbuffet. For years, we haven't know if it was Female or Male. Now in XY, an episode features it with another Pokemon which what it looks like a Female Wobbuffet and from there, it was confirmed male since then (Except if they made the female was male, that would be more shocking).

Totally my bottom line, unless we have VERY strong evidence, we cannot say that Eevee along with other Pokemon were specified on which gender is.

Getting tired of topics like this also.

I headcanon some of the genders, but those are only my headcanons, like Ash's Quilava is male or his Talonflame is female. Its not confirmed though and there's no strong evidence to say a Pokemon's gender, unless there's a defining physical characteristic(Like the heart shaped tail on Pikachu or lipstick on Wobbuffet.) Or unless we get strong confirmation through a move like Attract.

We don't know its gender. Period.

Some arguments people have made about Eevee being "female":

- It has a female VA in the Japanese version. Well, every major Eevee thus far has. In fact, Gary's Umbreon shared the same VA as Serena's Eevee as an Eevee. Was Gary's Pokemon female? Who knows? Besides, we've had cases of male Pokemon being voiced by females (Pikachu, Oshawott, Piplup, Meowth, Leavanny, Scraggy, Axew, Pansage, etc.) and female mons voiced by males (Yanmega, Georgia's Bisharp as a Bisharp). The point is, voice alone doesn't indicate gender.

- It wore a flower crown like Ash's Aipom, who was confirmed to be female by May just seconds later. Well, we didn't get any confirmation that Serena's Eevee was a girl, so no conclusion there. Also wearing flower crowns =/= being female, as much as the anime likes to have the two-gender dichotomy with activities (that is, Serena and Bonnie wore crowns; the males didn't).

The point is, we need direct evidence a Pokemon is a certain gender. Whether it is a Pokemon being hit by Attract or Cute Charm (or in Yanmega's case, failed to), or it is someone stating a Pokemon's gender in the Japanese version, that's what we need. A Pokemon acting in a stereotypically male or female way, or a Pokemon showing attraction to a Pokemon whose gender has been confirmed (Chespin and a female Meowstic), aren't strong enough indicators of gender.

True, we don't know its gender for sure. But that doesn't mean we can't speculate and guess about it based on what we know. The flower crown doesn't prove anything, but people can still see that and think that Eevee is female. And that might be incorrect, they might have a male Pokémon play with flower wreaths, we don't know what they'll do if they reveal Eevee's gender, so of course we can't say anything for certain. But I personally don't think there's anything wrong with using certain stereotypes to try and make an educated guess - especially since, like you said, the flower crowns were something that Serena and Bonnie did but Ash and Clemont didn't.

Definitely female. In XY 90, it's obvious that Harimaron (chespin) has a crush towards the Eevee.

Definitely female. In XY 90, it's obvious that Harimaron (chespin) has a crush towards the Eevee.
a. No it is not obvious that Harimaron has a crush, in fact I didn't even see a molecule of this.
b. Harimaron's gender has never been confirmed or even hinted at that I can remember.

Chespin did have a crush on a female Meowstic, so that would confirm that it is a male Pokemon. I don't know if it showed any signs of having a crush on Eevee though.

I agree that Chespin is doubtfully male, but even though it had a crush on a female Meowstic, it doesn't really classify as proof. So it remains unknown at the wiki and in general I suppose.

The only reason for this is because of the policy of having a character mention the Pokemon's gender outright, and because of the BW ep with the Purlion thief that ended up being a guy.

I personally don't really think those two connect, since the Meowstic was clearly female and the fact that Chespin only fell in love with her and not with the other Meowstic (who appeared before her in the first place) tells me that it knew of the gender differences between them, which is why it was upset when the Female Meowstic fell for the male counterpart.

That and the fact that Brock in DP 149 mentions something about same gender Pokemon "love" not being a natural thing to happen unless another force is making it happen, from what I gathered on here. I watched the original myself to see, and I ended up hearing Brock the Japanese word for "impossible/unbelievable" and a word relating to something that's the "same" of something or whatever, so I guess that pretty much proves it since he was referring to Pikachu and Piplup in the first place, and the only thing that's the same about those two is their gender.

I think this was meant to be a reference to the game mechanic.

More importantly about Eevee's gender, I think it's a girl but we'll (hopefully) see sooner or later. About Chespin having a crush on Eevee, I'd say it's a maybe since the only reason I ever thought about that "pairing" is just now from reading this. I personally think it just wants to be friends with Eevee, since it's the only one Eevee is more wary about than the other Pokemon. Plus who knows, with that rumor about Eevee evolving into Sylveon (which I hope is true) coming in February, maybe Chespin (or Quilladin, rumors about it evolving as well are there too) will most likely get a typical crush on it (depending on the gender if revealed).

Also, there appears to be a Quilladin that will "fall in love at first sight" to Eevee in the upcoming episode in the XY & Z saga... We can see then (or in the earlier 2 episodes to come) if Chespin really does have a crush on Eevee (cause it might get jealous n' stuff...).

Hint.png

How about that? IN OP in its fantasy, we can see Eevee has one eyelash that it would prove it's a female.

Chespin did have a crush on a female Meowstic, so that would confirm that it is a male Pokemon. I don't know if it showed any signs of having a crush on Eevee though.

I think it's pretty obvious it has a crush towards Eevee.
He's being very nervous and geared up, and always wanted to go after Eevee.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom