• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Solar System Mafia - ENDGAME - What Revolves Around the Sun Now? [MAFIA WIN]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Seraphy: What kind of logic that you protected me and I wasn't targeted for the night kill, therefore, I must be scum? It seems that you're trying to imply that correlation is causation. I understand there isn't much to go on but you need to provide more than just a correlation as your reason. What about some analysis about the players and questioning to the players?

@Elementar: I don't know if scum would try to push so hard for a lynch if there's only one left. It would mainly have to be due to the fact that all actions and posts would be analyzed to a critical degree, something that scum doesn't want. It would be batshit insane that Sera would try to attract so much attention as scum to share the results and jump to conclusions like that just for a kill.

@Ghostly: Honestly, my confidence in you has gotten lower. I don't like the fact that you just toss the theory of scum "not being in the actives" off the bat on the basis that "scum must have known there is a double voter." And I think you're reading too much into Elementar's reasoning for the vote which I think has more basis than Sera's vote. Based on your vote on Elementar and your interaction with Zexy:

Vote: Ghostly

Confirmed.
Vote: Ghostly

Okay, wow. You really think scum would push for a doctor lynch like that. But honestly, I only care about one person being lynched. Let's take a trip down Memory Lane.

Also, @Zexy, are you ruling out independents?

Just a subtle hint.

Zexy, you still didn't answer my question. Why are you ruling out independents?

I bring it up again.

You got my read perfectly.

Zexy read me as null. That was the 'perfect' read.

I don't like cold planets.

Just another little hint at my objective.

Because I am an independent. My intentions have been pro-town for the majority of the game. My role is lyncher. Unfortunately, I still don't know who I need to lynch.

However, I know that it's not WolfOwl or Pikochu. (It wasn't HC either, but they died). I've been trying to push wagons that I think are scummy but I may have a chance of winning on. I ask that you don't lynch me and let me please achieve my wincon. I don't know if Seraphy is my target, but I'm willing to just hop onto the wagons you think are best. I'll take a ride on the wagons and until I find my target, I'll help on the primary BWs. Is that okay?

@WolfOwl @Ghostly

In case nobody sees this until later...

UNVOTE: Seraphy

VOTE: Ghostly

GM Announcement: Seraphy was Modkilled
GM Announcement:

2. @Elementar
3. @Seraphy
4. @Pikochu
7. @Hellcrow
9. @WolfOwl
11. @Ghostly
MoD: @Maniacal Engineer

Seraphy has been burnt to a crisp by the Sun modkilled. They were:
Seraphy, you are Earth.

Africa_and_Europe_from_a_Million_Miles_Away_%28cropped%29.png

Earth is the only object in the universe known to harbor life. It is the densest planet in the Solar System and the only one that has a significant amount of water on its surface. Many ideal factors have been measured as to the reason the life is sustainable on Earth, and those conditions are not found anywhere else.

You are the Doctor. Each night, you may PM the action: [Bring Life To] Username, which will attempt to save the target from one killing action each night.

You are aligned with the Planets, and win when all forces opposing it are dead, while at least one member is alive.

Do not discuss modkills. Further explanation will be provided in the endgame.

The Hyper-Majority will remain at 4 votes for this phase.

At this stage, I'm thinking a planet will be mafia. If the mod is the sun, I have a feeling the last mafia is a planet. Just an observation.

At this stage, I'm thinking a planet will be mafia. If the mod is the sun, I have a feeling the last mafia is a planet. Just an observation.
....Huh? It's already been confirmed by TFON's flip that mafia could be planets, and regardless, what's your point?

Okay, wow. You really think scum would push for a doctor lynch like that. But honestly, I only care about one person being lynched. Let's take a trip down Memory Lane.

Just a subtle hint.

I bring it up again.

Zexy read me as null. That was the 'perfect' read.

Just another little hint at my objective.

Because I am an independent. My intentions have been pro-town for the majority of the game. My role is lyncher. Unfortunately, I still don't know who I need to lynch.

However, I know that it's not WolfOwl or Pikochu. (It wasn't HC either, but they died). I've been trying to push wagons that I think are scummy but I may have a chance of winning on. I ask that you don't lynch me and let me please achieve my wincon. I don't know if Seraphy is my target, but I'm willing to just hop onto the wagons you think are best. I'll take a ride on the wagons and until I find my target, I'll help on the primary BWs. Is that okay?

@WolfOwl @Ghostly

In case nobody sees this until later...

UNVOTE: Seraphy

VOTE: Ghostly
Who do you have to lynch? And how do you know it's not me or Piko?

....Huh? It's already been confirmed by TFON's flip that mafia could be planets, and regardless, what's your point?

Just saying that I think it is a planet. We knew it was possible, I'm just saying I think it's likely.

Who do you have to lynch? And how do you know it's not me or Piko?

I have the Namecop ability. I'm looking for a specific planet (@jdthebud I don't know if I'm allowed to claim that) and I have namecopped you three. You're not it.

@Ghostly Any defense?

I also won't remove my vote only to allow for the possibility of a tie f need be. It's three town, one mafia, one indep. Mislynch tonight, we lose.

@Elementar what happens if your target is nightkilled?

uNVOTE: Elementar
VOTE: No lynch

On the thought of numbers, especially due to the modkill, I feel this is best since the votes just jumped up and the phase ends at like eight in the morning. Also Ghostly is est time I believe, and its exam time so it might be hard for a proper defense and o just am not feeling comfortable with this lynch without more information. Thus I rather nl and wait for the nightkill to shed more light and have two more phases to actually think.

@Ghostly Any defense?

I also won't remove my vote only to allow for the possibility of a tie f need be. It's three town, one mafia, one indep. Mislynch tonight, we lose.

@Elementar what happens if your target is nightkilled?

uNVOTE: Elementar
VOTE: No lynch

On the thought of numbers, especially due to the modkill, I feel this is best since the votes just jumped up and the phase ends at like eight in the morning. Also Ghostly is est time I believe, and its exam time so it might be hard for a proper defense and o just am not feeling comfortable with this lynch without more information. Thus I rather nl and wait for the nightkill to shed more light and have two more phases to actually think.
Wrong.
If we hold off on lynching, there will just be no kill (or a kill on Elementar) and we're back where we were now. Scum isn't going to help clarify things for us, if we want to win, we have to lynch someone.

2. @Elementar
4. @Pikochu
7. @Hellcrow
9. @WolfOwl
11. @Ghostly
MoD: @Maniacal Engineer

Sure, that's reasonable, it did slip my mind that the modkill would lead to MYLO. I'll extend the phase 15 more hours, so the update time will now be at 11:00 pM PST (UTC-8) Tuesday, December 20, unless a HYPER-MAJORITY is reached.

With 5 players alive, HYPER-MAJORITY will require 4 votes for a phase-ending hammer.

Last edited:
Alright then. I say we massclaim for starters. We might as do that we have more information to work with.

I'm a 1x bulletproof. If my shot is used I'm notified that it has been. I have not been targeted. It's why I found Zexys claim to be outlandish. 2x commuter, when I knew there was most likely a doc. Thus we have a lot of protection roles on our side.

Interesting.

We definitely need to massclaim. I can't remember if anyone else has claimed though sorry. Who are we waiting on?

NIGHT 4 - The Clouds That Never Part
NIGHT 4 - The Clouds That Never Part
Ghostly - 3 (Pikochu, Hellcrow, Elementar)
Elementar - 1 (Ghostly)
No Lynch - 1 (WolfOwl
2. @Elementar
4. @Pikochu
7. RainbowSkittles @Hellcrow
9. @WolfOwl
11. @Ghostly

Moderator on Duty:
@Maniacal Engineer

The Sun watched yet another planet poofed into a cloud of vapor, and seemed to be resigned to seeing his system reduced to completely uninteresting scenery. "Well, I guess I'll have to be patient. Perhaps I'll be surprised," he said, although even he had to admit the remark was unconvincing.

Ghostly was lynched. She was:
Ghostly, you are Venus.

Venus-real_color.jpg

Venus is the second planet from the Sun and the brightest one in the night sky. It has the densest atmosphere of all the terrestrial planets and the hottest planet in the Solar System, with a mean surface temperature of 735 Kelvin (462 °C)!

You are the Ascetic. You are immune to all non-lethal actions.

You are aligned with the Planets, and win when all forces opposing it are dead, while at least one member is alive.

It is now Night 4. The phase will end in about 24 hours, on Wednesday, December 21 at 11:00 PM PST (UTC-8). It may end sooner if all actions are submitted early.

Last edited:
ENDGAME - What Revolves Around the Sun Now?
ENDGAME - What Revolves Around the Sun Now?

Tears welling up in his eyes (only to be immediately vaporized), the Sun watched with sadness as his most beautiful planet was destroyed by an asteroid strike. Not even its numerous rings could protect it from being torn apart by gravitational forces after the core was destabilized by the merciless attack.

WolfOwl was killed. She was:
WolfOwl, you are Saturn.

Saturn_during_Equinox.jpg

Saturn is by far the most visually unique planet in the Solar System, with its stunning array of rings. It is also the only planet that has an average density less than that of water.

You are the 1x Bulletproof. You can survive one killing action during the course of the game.

Meanwhile, yet another asteroid, while not as potent, sent another planet spiralling out of its orbit. Even if it ever stabilized, it would take millions of years to regain the status it once had.

Hellcrow has lost in the endgame. He was:
RainbowSkittles Hellcrow, you are Neptune.

Neptune_Full_%28cropped%29.jpg

Neptune is the eighth and farthest planet from the Sun. It is the only planet that is not visible from Earth without the aid of a telescope, and was actually found by mathematical prediction rather than by observation.

You are the 2x Watcher. Twice in the game, during the night phase, you may PM the action [Focus My Telescope On] Username, which will attempt to determine who visited the target.

As the deep blue planet was knocked off course, another celestial body dependent on its support went flailing out of control, while cursing its own bad luck.

Elementar has lost the game. He was:
Elementar, you are Pluto.

Nh-pluto-in-true-color_2x_JPEG-edit.jpg

Pluto used to be considered the ninth planet in the Solar System, but was recently reclassified as a dwarf planet by the International Astronomical Union, due to it not being the most gravitationally dominant body in its area.

Pluto and its nearest planet Neptune have a unique relationship. Pluto's orbit is constrained somewhat by Neptune's gravity, and because of the elliptical shape of Pluto's orbit, it sometimes is actually closer to the Sun than Neptune. Pluto also has a 2:3 mean orbital resonance with Neptune.

You are the Namecop Lyncher. Each night, you may PM the action [Measure Resonance With] Username, which will attempt to determine if the target is Neptune.

You have the win condition of lynching the planet Neptune. If you are killed before the lynch occurs, Neptune survives or you weren’t on the bandwagon when it occurred, you will lose.

You are aligned with yourself, and win when you have lynched Neptune.

Finally, the Sun turned its attention to its closest surviving celestial body. It was now the most massive entity in the area, and when the Sun squinted into the distance, it appeared to strut around the asteroid belt it used to call home. Now, it would call home "The Solar System"!

Pikochu has won in the endgame! He was:
Pikochu, you are Ceres.

Ceres_-_RC3_-_Haulani_Crater_%2822381131691%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

Ceres is the largest body inside the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter, and is classified as a dwarf planet. Due to its large size and mass compared to the other asteroids in its vicinity, it is able to capture them into temporary 1:1 orbital resonance, in which their respective orbits around the Sun are virtually the same.

You are the Roleblocker + 1x Strongman. Each night, you may PM the action [PHO] Username, which will attempt to roleblock the target. As an alternative action, once in the game, you may PM the action [Asteroid Strike] Username, which will take over your factional kill and make it unstoppable by any means.

You are aligned with the Planet Pulverizers, and win when your team reaches vote parity with town, or nothing can stop this from happening, while at least one member is alive.

Your mafia chat can be accessed here: <snip>

Congratulations to the Planet Pulverizers (Mafia) for winning the game!

Mafia Chat: Planet Pulverizers Mafia Chat - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Now for the explanation for the modkill on Seraphy.
During the final day, she name-claimed as the Earth in a now-deleted post, which unfortunately was seen by multiple people involved in the game. After much discussion with Maniacal Engineer, I reluctantly opted to modkill as it was the easiest way for me to negate the extra information that those players should not have had. Feel free to comment on this if you like, as I know it contributed to the game ending the way it did.

Host Questions:
Did you enjoy the game?
What did you think of the setup and mechanics? Was it balanced?
If you would like to change a single thing in this game, what would it be?

I will also publish the actions list in a separate post, as well as my take on how the game went.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom