• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Solar System Mafia - ENDGAME - What Revolves Around the Sun Now? [MAFIA WIN]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting to see if that list above is worth a read from me?
Why not? It's not too long of a list for someone to read, and you should generally read all the posts in a game.
Actually that makes me wonder if maybe Pluto is godfather (being called a planet for so long, not really being a planet, the rest of this explains itself), the sun could maybe be mafia as well, and Saturn possibly an independent due to what you've mentioned about Greek mythology? Hummm...
With Uranus as Godfather I doubt that all; gotta wonder if scum!you would bring that up soon before TFON's lynch to look town, though. Bringing up role scenarios just before a mafia lynch disproves it all sounds like the kind of thing scum would do.
I don't know if it's even worth speculating roles about planets considering that we are not allowed to name claim.

And I wouldn't rule out anything about independent just yet.
Why not? It was this exact speculation that won you XY&Z. Your town self has also made a reputation for checking all the possibilities, ignoring them in this way feels strange now...

Where is everyone

At this point the only player in here that gives me a towny vibe is TFON. Everyone else is null due to nothing else to really go off of.

I don't know if I should just choose either Seraphy, Space, or Seth to add a vote onto because thinking about it if the phase goes on like this it doesn't seem like anyone else is really going to come in and start any discussion or anything very ground-breaking is going to occur. Then night phase will come, no discussion will probably happen because well what will there be to talk about since nothing happened Day 1, someone will be NK'd (unless there is a doc and a protect goes on), and Day 2 arrives and maybe if we're lucky we'll have something to discuss from the night (actions and such) but I'm worried that may not happen if our cards don't align right... should we just wait for Day 2 to get the ball rolling here?
Could you please explain why you said that at the point you did? After re-reading and considering TFON was scum this is a bit too fluffy (even though I called it towny earlier, I know -_-)
....so not only did the mention not work
@jdthebud I don't have a role.....

I don't think WO is scum in between her activity, being the first to call out TFON and TFON noting that she was the last player to show up.

Piko is a bit inactive and perhaps passively-aggresively accusing me after the Seth lynch.

Hellcrow coming in with a TFON vote is a bit towny for him. He was never such a hard busser and I doubt he’d kill Space. Also note that one of Hellcrow/WolfOwl is Double Voter and that’s quite trustworthy at this point.
THAT WAS A MISLYNCH!!! And what do you mean by "reinforce him?"
This reply to TFON feels a bit forced. The rest of the post doesn’t add much.
My action last night against the force of nature was unsuccessful.
Please elaborate on that (but maybe better wait until Day 3). I think it is interesting to note why considering TFON was scum and not ascetic etc., I see little reason for a roleblocker on you and if there is only one scum left and you're not the Cop (as he died) there's not much risk in revealing more about it, whereas there might be a lot to be gained.

Elementar adding a vote late might be scummy but I don’t have enough content on him to read well… which is slightly strange I’d expect him to post a bit more. Will give him that XY&Z update took lots of time from his end.

tl;dr

Towniest
WolfOwl
Hellcrow

RainbowSkittles
Elementar
Seraphy

Ghostly
Pikochu
Scummiest

Middle-low can change depending on replies.

Zexy said:
With Uranus as Godfather I doubt that all; gotta wonder if scum!you would bring that up soon before TFON's lynch to look town, though. Bringing up role scenarios just before a mafia lynch disproves it all sounds like the kind of thing scum would do.
Yeah I doubt that now too but I had no way of knowing that before the reveal of Uranus being godfather-- which is still very interesting, I won't claim to be any astronomy expert-- but I don't see how bringing that up would make me look town in the slightest. I wasn't thinking you were too scummy despite Wolf suggesting so, but now you're seeming oddly defensive. After all, the both of us were discussing role scenarios (it was you yourself bringing up all the planets, hence why Elementar is questioning why you think there's no independent).

Could you please explain why you said that at the point you did? After re-reading and considering TFON was scum this is a bit too fluffy (even though I called it towny earlier, I know -_-)
This backtracking is kind of weird as in scummy weird and I'm having a lot of trouble seeing anything fluffy about the post or how you're finding it fluffy, considering you thought I seemed rather towny that phase. I brought that up because there was little to no discussion being made Day 1 as you and a few others who were active participants of Day 1 were aware-- we were in serious need of some activity because the phase was in danger of going absolutely nowhere. The votes placed that phase were all jokes, and so in order to get any kind of talk going I listed pretty much my only town-lead at the time which was so wrong now-- TFON. The only reason for that was because of him being actually pretty talkative, which struck me as a more pro-town type of thing and it was just a gut feeling as well. I couldn't say anything for anyone else, because well, no one else had really said much nor done much else.

The other part of that post of mine you quoted was said because I was seriously thinking about adding a vote to one of the players with joke votes. I just didn't know who, and I really wanted some type of vindication from someone... like a, "that sounds like a good idea" or even a "mmm that might not be a good thing to do" if it seemed like a dumb move. But I wasn't receiving either of those and the rest is history with Space coming in later and actually making a move voting Seth. I wanted a lynch on Day 1, and I wanted to make that apparent because of the possible bad things that could happen for Day 2 in the event that a lynch didn't happen, mostly due to the inactivity of the game.

All of this questioning just seems like it's really trying to deflect attention and it's very reachy.

and I doubt he’d kill Space.
Why though?

My two town reads at this point are Wolf and Seraphy.

Also note that one of Hellcrow/WolfOwl is Double Voter and that’s quite trustworthy at this point.
I also voted TFON btw. Why can't I be the possible double voter as well? And double voter isn't always a town role is it. I thought it could go either way.

I also voted TFON btw. Why can't I be the possible double voter as well? And double voter isn't always a town role is it. I thought it could go either way.
Because of this:
<removed so that I don't mention everyone; and yeah I think mentions in quotes also give out alerts>[/USER]

I have to apologize, I made a mistake on the earlier Vote Count post. It should have read:

The Force of Nature - 4 (Hellcrow, WolfOwl, Zexy)

Since Elementar voted not knowing it would lead to a hammer, I will permit him to unvote if he wishes. If he does, the phase will end normally. Otherwise, the phase should be considered over.
It's not always but it is most of the time and I trust both anyway, I think it's town this game. I could see it going to some big planet like Jupiter/Saturn or maybe the Sun.

I'll elaborate on my ability tomorrow if I have to.

I'll get back to this later. I been up since 5AM running errands and I'm quite tired to post something before the end of phase.

DAY 3 - Boredom
DAY 3 - Boredom

The Sun decided to take a nap out of boredom. A few light-hours later, he jerked awake. He took a brief cursory check on his system, but he didn't see any new changes in the number of his planets. "How unexciting." he muttered to himself.

It is now Day 3. The phase will end in 48 hours on Friday, December 16 at 11:00 PM PST (UTC-8), unless a HYPER-MAJORITY is reached.

With 8 players alive, HYPER-MAJORITY will require 6 votes for a phase-ending hammer.

Well there are a few scenarios on what could've happened here.

a) Doc protected the person who would've been the NK, but I'm not sure if it seems like that from the flavortext-- unsure if I should look into the flavortext too much. b) Mafia is inactive, forget to put in the kill. This is possible. And last, c) didn't put in the kill on purpose in order to make it seem like the mafia is an inactive which would be very sneaky and the most unlikely of the three.

It could also be a Commuter or some other role that stops kills.
Not sure if FT really hints that scum just didn't put a kill, but if the second scum is inactive it would make sense.
WolfOwl has proven that she may no-kill but I doubt it's her; for all we know, it could be you, Ghostly, and bringing up c as scum is a sneaky-squared thing to do.

However I also gotta suspect the more inactives like Seraphy and RainbowSkittles who reacted to each other and that unsuccessful claim... I think there is potential there.

Because of this:

It's not always but it is most of the time and I trust both anyway, I think it's town this game. I could see it going to some big planet like Jupiter/Saturn or maybe the Sun.
WRONG!!!!!!!

If you properly looked back at the thread then you would see that for some reason jd forgot to include Ghostly in every vote count save for the final one. The vote count is a mess.
c) didn't put in the kill on purpose in order to make it seem like the mafia is an inactive which would be very sneaky and the most unlikely of the three.

I would totally do that actually XD

In seriousness I love how Zexy brings up me doing something like that. It's putting me in a bad light, when honestly I could see him doing it too.

On another note is his read on you. It did a 180. If he did a 180 on me it would look scummy as flip because I created the case on TFON. I'd have to be a genius or idiot to bus him. Most likely the former, but not in this game. There's also his sudden shading of Seraphy and RS. RS is one of the easiest targets in mafia for a mislynch. He just tossing scum stuff out left and right and doing nothing in town favor. He's being a Scummy McScumpants.

VOTE: Zexy

Oh on another note. Trying to guess abilities by planets is pointless as flip because looking at my role PM as well as Seth's, most of them won't have something like: You are Saturn and because of your rings you are a doctor.

They just talk about the planet and then say that the person is the role. The moon and uranus are probably the only ones to make any sense.

One more thing:....effffff I forgot....I'll remember eventually.

On a more random note, my theme is so fitting for night and day.

Well he supposedly fixed his mistake when it said 4 (Hellcrow, WolfOwl, Zexy) which should've been posted before Ghostly voted.

I brought it up because you did exactly that before. I don't suspect you now but if you survive to -YLO and Hellcrow is a flipped Double Voter I would be extremely paranoid of you.

I did an 180 after re-reading because of TFON's flip, it's not as bad as you want it to seem.

My ability is related to the character, although there's some Greek mythology involved too, which is why I brought that up.

RS is not a "tossed scumread" he's very null so I still have to consider him now and then. Seraphy I brought up because of her claim. My actual reads list is above and I stick to that for now.

Well he supposedly fixed his mistake when it said 4 (Hellcrow, WolfOwl, Zexy) which should've been posted before Ghostly voted.
If you had checked due to the whole strangeness you would see the quote you quoted was long after Ghostly's vote and she did not unvote. The final vote count is the right one as Elementar unvoted after jd gave him a chance to unvote.
I did an 180 after re-reading because of TFON's flip, it's not as bad as you want it to seem.
The only thing I saw against her was she suggested Pluto as godfather. I was originally thinking the same thing too. So I don't see how that makes her scummy. I fail to see anything making her scummy.
My ability is related to the character, although there's some Greek mythology involved too, which is why I brought that up.
And as I just pointed out some aren't like that. Seth's wasn't. Thus its irrelevant because there is no rhyme or reason.
RS is not a "tossed scumread" he's very null so I still have to consider him now and then. Seraphy I brought up because of her claim. My actual reads list is above and I stick to that for now.

Seraphy has said they'll reveal their role during this day phase, which makes it clear its a town role.

You admitted yourself I'm a bit too easy scum to get, if Chaos II and XY&Z are any indication. TFON tried too hard interacting with me in an attempt to frame me imo. I can even see you being the other scum who suggested this whole plan but it may be just paranoia.

Zexy your behavior changes when you're scum. This isn't your town behavior.

At this point, I think it's worth putting less weight into figuring out who's scum based on meta and more what's in front of us game-wise.

Your town self has also made a reputation for checking all the possibilities, ignoring them in this way feels strange now...

I was more stressed in XYZ Mafia and putting more thought into the game deciding that my mental energy in this game has been depleted. And ignoring them? I was calling you out for initially dismissing the possibility of independents.

This reply to TFON feels a bit forced. The rest of the post doesn’t add much.

I was giving TFON the benefit of the doubt by explaining what happened. Instead, was a bunch of dodging of my questions.

Hellcrow coming in with a TFON vote is a bit towny for him. He was never such a hard busser and I doubt he’d kill Space.

*coughcoughwifomcoughcough*

It could also be a Commuter or some other role that stops kills.

Soft claiming commuter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom