• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I remember almost never using z-moves because they were usually so broken or took forever to perform, and SwSh purposefully limited Dynamax because it was so broken and took forever to perform.

Basically what I’m trying to say is that if this new gimmick is something many people avoid most of the time, it won’t be anything new. lol But it creates really interesting and unpredictable competitive scenarios for both the participants AND audience. Pokémon has gone really into streaming competitions lately and is making competitive battling an attainable thing for more people every Gen. Implementing a gimmick like this might be genius for them, depending on how it’s implemented.
XD I was going to point that out but couldn't figure out how to word it- yeah, pretty sure most of the gimmicks have just been ignored 90% of the time.

Oh yeah. I can't do math in my head very well; so the first one is still really hard for me.

3-type attacks could be "simplified" in a sense where instead of 1 attack that is 3 different types all at once, they could do an attack that is technically like triple kick or something where the damage is calc'd for each type separately. (like 3 seperate attacks, but in one turn) if that makes sense.
I guess they could do that but it doesn't really sound fun either. XD You'd have to sit through multi-hit moves all the time and not all of those hits would be super effective or even receive STAB.

Well, if it's 3 types I hope it's not so much a gimmick as it is brand new pokemon that are designed around having 3 types. I think I'd be alright with that as opposed to being able to tack on a 3rd type to an existing pokemon on a whim. They could maybe retro-actively adjust a few previous pokemon.

Regarding Fuecoco's evolution: I actually believe it could be real.
  • The Japanese words are correctly written.
  • It's just the right amount of appealing for marketing; It's relatable, kind of cute, hug-able; Charming.
  • It's based off a pretty obscure local fable, with an unknown origin (maybe tourguide-related). GameFreak visited Spain and could've seen the Coccolona statues in Girona.
  • The art is pretty consistent, and in line with the usual Gamefreak concepts.
  • The theme fits; Fuecoco is a laid-back Pokémon, according to the offical site. This evolution is chunky and seen sleeping.
  • The colouring fits the titles; Violet like hues on the wings. Its little tuft of hair also develops further.

There are some little things, like the numbers, which are not always there. But such details on the sheets differ every generation, and it could be in the hands of a third-party animator for the Anime/TCG/whatever. I also heard people complaining about there not being a clear back-shot. Remember; Not all sheets had those (I look at you, Mega-Swampert). There could also be multiple sheets, who knows.

What are the odds of a skilled artist, from Japan, knowing/hearing this very obscure local fable from Girona, and actually making a believable concept sheet. If it's fake, I'm disappointed, but also impressed by the artist. 3D fakes are easier to make nowadays.

EDIT: I believe all current succesive sheet-'leaks' to be fake and riding the Fuecoco-bandwagon, though. Those are also a lot less consistent.

Last edited:
Regarding Fuecoco's evolution: I actually believe it could be real.
  • The Japanese words are correctly written.
  • It's just the right amount of appealing for marketing; It's relatable, kind of cute, hug-able; Charming.
  • It's based off a pretty obscure local fable, with an unknown origin (maybe tourguide-related). GameFreak visited Spain and could've seen the Coccolona statues in Girona.
  • The art is pretty consistent, and in line with the usual Gamefreak concepts.
  • The theme fits; Fuecoco is a laid-back Pokémon, according to the offical site. This evolution is chunky and seen sleeping.
  • The colouring fits the titles; Violet like hues on the wings. Its little tuft of hair also develops further.

There are some little things, like the numbers, which are not always there. But such details on the sheets differ every generation, and it could be in the hands of a third-party animator for the Anime/TCG/whatever. I also heard people complaining about there not being a clear back-shot. Remember; Not all sheets had those (I look at you, Mega-Swampert). There could also be multiple sheets, who knows.

What are the odds of a skilled artist, from Japan, knowing/hearing this very obscure local fable from Girona, and actually making a believable concept sheet. If it's fake, I'm disappointed, but also impressed by the artist. 3D fakes are easier to make nowadays.
The numbers have been on past sheets to correlate with translation notes, so my bet would be that it slipped out from their publisher. But yeah, it's impressive enough that I have no qualms defending its potential legitimacy- even if it turns out to be fake, it certainly deserves the attention.

Also wow, you're right. Mega Swampert's sheet is awful.

Last edited:
I could honestly see the triple typing thing being used as a burst mechanic and nothing more. Maybe some sort of special event Pokemon or something that retains 3 types, but I can't imagine them retconning older 'mons to have an additional type. I feel like it would be really messy to maintain.

The other option I could see being used is some sort of mechanic to change the type of your Pokemon to make use of STAB moves, but that already happens with certain items so I'm not as confident in its execution.

Honestly...it's been said to death by others but I'd rather if they just drop the need to introduce a new battle gimmick each generation and instead focus on the ones we have but that doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon lol

I could honestly see the triple typing thing being used as a burst mechanic and nothing more. Maybe some sort of special event Pokemon or something that retains 3 types, but I can't imagine them retconning older 'mons to have an additional type. I feel like it would be really messy to maintain.

The other option I could see being used is some sort of mechanic to change the type of your Pokemon to make use of STAB moves, but that already happens with certain items so I'm not as confident in its execution.

Honestly...it's been said to death by others but I'd rather if they just drop the need to introduce a new battle gimmick each generation and instead focus on the ones we have but that doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon lol

Yeah and having 3 types on a mon is also problematic from a single type mon perspective, since they gain 2 typings then.

I know, I'm late, and I haven't been here in a while, but has anyone talked about Chinese Uncle leak:

I don't know if it's worth talking about it or not.
Yeah, but no one has found any proof of this leak even existing on Baidu (even people who regularly browse the forums), and when asked for the source, this poster just gave the run around. Add on that "uncle" is just what the Chinese call all of their leakers, and you've got what looks like someone familiar with Baidu just trying to spin a convincing leak.

Yeah and having 3 types on a mon is also problematic from a single type mon perspective, since they gain 2 typings then.
Not really that problematic. Mono-types becoming dual-types would actually have an advantage over some triple-types since they'd lack any 8x weaknesses. Triple types can be a double-edged sword depending on the combo.

View attachment 159216

Hope the numbers on the bull pic mean a new pre-evo for Tauros, Miltank and Bouffalant.

Can't even analyse the Chinese one right now since I'm stuck at work.
That would be awesome, always liked the idea that miltank and tauros should be connected via a pre-evo but never saw people say they should also share a pre-evo with bouffalant, and I am now on board with it.

I think a triple type burst mechanic makes a lot of sense if it's like hidden abilities-- each Pokemon in the game's roster is assigned a hidden type that is only expressed when you activate the mechanic. You can't put any type on any monster, each one has its extra type already determined. And like Dynamax, some monsters shift into a different form when theirs is activated (but only some so they don't have to created an extra model for everyone in the game).

So for example let's say that Gyarados's hidden type is dragon, and Celebi's is Fairy. You activate the burst mechanic on your Celebi and it becomes Grass/Psychic/Fairy, but looks the same. Your opponent activates their burst on their Gyarados who becomes Water/Flying/Dragon and shifts to a new form.

1. They've already played around with temporary triple types with Trick-Or-Treat and Forest's Curse.
  2. We don't have to calculate anything; these days the game tells you if your move will be super effective or ineffective, etc.
  3. With the new limited roster policy, they don't need to give a new type to all what like 1100? Pokemon in existence (saying this because obviously which type would be appropriate to assign to Kantonian Nintetails (come on, ghost) would be different than which type you'd give its Alolan counterpart. Ditto for every Oricorio, Wormadan, etc. They only have to do this for like 500 monsters, is my point).

100% it would be a turn-limited burst mechanic and like 20-30 Pokémon will change forms when it happens.

Megas were an insanely broken first attempt at this stuff, and those were the two successful parts from it that they carried over into G-Max.

(We don’t talk about z-moves because honestly I feel like it was just something flashy that fit the Alolan culture so they used it, and realistically they always have the next 3-5 gimmicks already planned out to some extent, pick the gimmick that best fits the region, then finalize and work out the details. We know for a fact they were working on giant Pokémon raid battles since before GO had them, and that they chose that gimmick for SwSh because it fit the “Pokémon goes big screen!” theme of the first home console games.)

Huh....reading that Uncle stuff, interesting to know that the Starters could be Grass/Dark, Fire/Ghost and Water/Fighting. Fire/Ghost for Fuecoco makes sense, given people have said he looks like a ghost pepper. Same for Quaxly being part Fighting, given its matador looks. It's Grass/Dark for Sprigatito that puts me up for a surprise. Didn't expect that one.

If that leak is true (taking it with a grain of salt), I hope it won't be a Incineroar rip off, and becomes a neat looking four-legged jungle panther or something.

Mascot Legends supposedly being both part Dragon, with one being Fighting and the other being Electric. Didn't expect such types, with the third, as it was said, being a mix of the two, so that would mean our first Electric/Fighting type. Should be pretty cool. Too bad that the supposed types for the Legends are repeats already done.

The Type changing akin to class changing sounds pretty cool in concept, but I need to see more, that is if that whole leak is true. I do like the idea of Tauros evolving into/having a variant that looks like a minotaur. Time we got one.

Has Riddler Khu ever hinted at something as directly as if this one is literally something about Pokemon or move typings??

That could be part one to solving the riddle; "three types of what??" Could it be that there are three different subsets of Gyms?? Or.. three distinct Pokemon Leagues with their own styles/formats?? :) :) That would be amazing!! It fits rather well for the first open world Pokemon!!

Huh....reading that Uncle stuff, interesting to know that the Starters could be Grass/Dark, Fire/Ghost and Water/Fighting. Fire/Ghost for Fuecoco makes sense, given people have said he looks like a ghost pepper. Same for Quaxly being part Fighting, given its matador looks. It's Grass/Dark for Sprigatito that puts me up for a surprise. Didn't expect that one.

If that leak is true (taking it with a grain of salt), I hope it won't be a Incineroar rip off, and becomes a neat looking four-legged jungle panther or something.

Mascot Legends supposedly being both part Dragon, with one being Fighting and the other being Electric. Didn't expect such types, with the third, as it was said, being a mix of the two, so that would mean our first Electric/Fighting type. Should be pretty cool. Too bad that the supposed types for the Legends are repeats already done.

The Type changing akin to class changing sounds pretty cool in concept, but I need to see more, that is if that whole leak is true. I do like the idea of Tauros evolving into/having a variant that looks like a minotaur. Time we got one.
Those would be some really uninspiring and re-used type-combinations.

Anyway, nothing indicates the leak to be real, and it has some really big red flags. Notably the mention of background-info.

Has Riddler Khu ever hinted at something as directly as if this one is literally something about Pokemon or move typings??

That could be part one to solving the riddle; "three types of what??" Could it be that there are three different subsets of Gyms?? Or.. three distinct Pokemon Leagues with their own styles/formats?? :) :) That would be amazing!! It fits rather well for the first open world Pokemon!!
He's often been pretty direct, yeah. And he said this was the complete riddle so there isn't any more to it.

Back
Top Bottom