• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

YOASOBI to release new song 「Biri-Biri」 in commemoration of the first anniversary of Pokémon Scarlet & Violet's release this Saturday, November 18th

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Staff
YoaSoBi_BiriBiri.jpg
The Pokémon Company have announced that Japanese superduo YOASOBI will be releasing a brand new song, Biri-Biri this Saturday, November 18th, in commemoration of the first anniversary of the release of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. The song will be simultaneously released for both download and streaming in both Japanese and English versions. A music video will also be made available in the near future.

Biri-Biri is directly inspired by After the Rain With You (Japanese: きみと雨上がりを Kimi to Ameagari o), the original short novel based on the games that was released as a free-to-read web novel in Japan last Friday, November 10th.

Ayase said:
『ポケットモンスター スカーレット・バイオレット』発売1周年を記念して「Biri-Biri」という曲を書かせていただきました。昔から大好きなポケモンに音楽という形で携わることができて本当に嬉しいです。僕自身シリーズのファンであり、今作においても、今回の企画とは関係なく3周クリアするくらいにはやり込みました。武田先生が書き下ろしてくださった小説を元に、自分自身で歩いたパルデアの大地に想いを馳せて、ポケモンへの愛をたっぷり詰め込んで作りました。ビリビリと痺れるバトルと冒険の息吹を感じてもらえたら嬉しいです。
I have written the song "Biri-Biri" in commemoration of the first anniversary of the release of "Pokémon Scarlet and Violet". I'm overjoyed to be able to be involed with Pokémon, which I have loved since long ago, in the form of music. As a fan of this series, and unrelated to this project, I got so into this game that I've cleared it three times. Based on the novel written by Takeda-sensei, I filled this song full of my love for Pokémon, and my thoughts about the land of Paldea that I myself have walked through. I'd be happy if you could feel the shock (punning on the song's name Biri-Biri) and excitement of battle and the breath of adventure.

改めて発売一周年、おめでとうございます!
Congratulations again on the first anniversary of release!

YOASOBI is a partnership betweeen Vocaloid producer Ayase and singer-songwriter ikura. Their slogan is "novel into music" (小説を音楽にする, shōsetsu o ongaku ni suru), with the pair having gotten their start together releasing music based on short stories from the Monogatary.com creative writing website. Biri-Biri marks the first time that they have collaborated with a video game to produce a song, but given the connection with After the Rain With You, this latest collaboration is very much in line with the band's history. YOASOBI is best known internationally for their hit song Idol, which earlier this year became highest charted Japanese act of all time on the Billboard Global 200, as well the first J-pop song to top the Billboard Global Excl. US.

ikura said:
『ポケットモンスター スカーレット・バイオレット』発売1周年おめでとうございます!
Congratulations on the first anniversary of the release of "Pokemon Scarlet and Violet"!

多くの人に愛され続けているポケモンと、音楽という形でコラボの機会をいただくことができ、心から光栄に思います。武田先生が書き下ろしてくださった小説「きみと雨上がりを」を読み、主人公ネモが馳せる冒険やバトルへの熱意と信念、ポケモンへの愛を、感じてもらえるような歌声を目指しました。作品と共に「Biri-Biri」も沢山の方に楽しんでいただけたら嬉しいです。よろしくお願いします。
I am truly honored to have the opportunity to collaborate with Pokemon, which continues to be loved by many people, in the form of music. I read the novel After the Rain With You written by Takeda-sensei, and tried to create a singing voice that would make the audience feel the main character Nemo's enthusiasm and belief in adventure and battle, and his love for Pokémon. I'd be delighted if many people will enjoy "Biri-Biri" along with this work. Thank you very much.

After the Rain With You was written by Ayano Takeda, best known as the author of the Sound! Euphonium novel series. The short story will be released physically as a booklet given away with purchases of ¥6,000 or more at Pokémon Center across Japan stores beginning November 18th, and on the Pokémon Center Online website beginning November 17th. A giveaway of 30 copies of the booklet version was held on the Japanese Poké Times account on X (formerly Twitter) from November 10th to 12th.

Sources
Post on the official @Pokemon_cojp account on X (formerly Twitter)
Archaic

Archaic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Search Bulbapedia

Back
Top Bottom