• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your controversial opinions

Controversial opinion. The Native Pokémon from Alola and Paldea are the worst looking design.
I just want to see less dislikes on Generation IX Pokémon designs. Sure, I dislike Quaquaval, Pawmo, and maybe some others but come on, there’s a lot to enjoy within that cast. Maybe the audience is the problem here.

I just want to see less dislikes on Generation IX Pokémon designs. Sure, I dislike Quaquaval, Pawmo, and maybe some others but come on, there’s a lot to enjoy within that cast. Maybe the audience is the problem here.
The audience is not the problem, it's definitly the roster of Pokémon from this gen. https://tiermaker.com/list/pokemon/new-pokmon-scarlet-and-violet-pokmon-and-forms-15289949/3762232
Here is my tier list, not a lot of them are in the tier I love. To many two stage pokémon and to many wierd design. Lacking big strong monsters.

The audience is not the problem, it's definitly the roster of Pokémon from this gen. https://tiermaker.com/list/pokemon/new-pokmon-scarlet-and-violet-pokmon-and-forms-15289949/3762232
Here is my tier list, not a lot of them are in the tier I love. To many two stage pokémon and to many wierd design. Lacking big strong monsters.
There have been a lot of 2 stage Pokemon lines introduced in every gen, and I agree with the amount of “weird” designs but most of the designs work well, it’s a matter of preferences so I respect that you didn’t like the “strong looking” designs we had in this gen

i actually like the idea behind gen 6's rival group, even if i think they should've omitted Tierno. We have a group of children who all want to go on a pokemon journey for different reasons. Trevor's main goal is to catch 'em all, to amass a vast collection and record the data of every pokemon he can get his hands on. Calem wants to be the best there ever was; for him, the journey is all about getting stronger ad bringing out the fullest potential in himself and his team. For Shauna, the journey itself is the reward; she's going on this adventure to see new places and make new memories with her friends. And then there's the player character, who is kind of a mix of all three.

Unfortunately, for everyone but Shauna, the execution was lacking. Calem wanted to battle all the time, sure, but he had no personality outside of that. And Trevor was constantly paired up with Tierno's nonsense rather than being allowed to do his own thing. There was potential wasted here, but the ideas behind it were mostly good.

alola might(?) be a controversial opinion, but paldea isn't; the gen 9 mon are probably the most disliked by the community aside from maybe gen 5's when they first released (i think they are more popular now?)

my maybe-controversial opinion regarding the natdex is that hoenn's has the most memorable designs
People hate the Gen 9 designs? I really like pretty much all of them.

So do I; though things like Quaquaval, Pawmo, and Iron Treads/Tandierphan (my headcanon ”real” name for Iron Treads) are ones I do not like.
i would say they definitely have the most negative reception as of current, yeah
not something i necessarily agree with, but that's what i've gathered
Same here. Gosh can people have mass negative thoughts, even if that’s just what they think. We can’t truly change their opinions, however.

To be honest I don’t see a lot of negative reactions to gen 9 pokemon, quite the opposite actually, but it could be the algorithms showing me the positive posts on social media more than the negative ones.

That being said, I agree with @a230 about gen 7 and 9 designs.

I know that a lot of likes and dislikes boil down to preferences, but ever since gamefreak starting basing pokemon regions outside of Japan I think there have different shifts in style in the creation of pokemon, but maybe is just my perception and the pokemon from those regions just don’t cater to me in particular.

To be honest I don’t see a lot of negative reactions to gen 9 pokemon, quite the opposite actually, but it could be the algorithms showing me the positive posts on social media more than the negative ones.

That being said, I agree with @a230 about gen 7 and 9 designs.

I know that a lot of likes and dislikes boil down to preferences, but ever since gamefreak starting basing pokemon regions outside of Japan I think there have different shifts in style in the creation of pokemon, but maybe is just my perception and the pokemon from those regions just don’t cater to me in particular.
Yeah, from Gen5 onward, there are a lot of Pokémon that doesn't feel my vibe. I like, big and strong pokémon with simple design,not to detailled. That what I love from the Pokémon in 2d sprites, they are simple, not to detailled, yet cool and strong. We don't seem to get a lot like those nowadays. For Exemple,Charizard,Lucario,Nidoking, ,their are simple design but they are badass.I think this is Why I prefer Pokémon from gen 8 to those of gen 7 and 9. I fell like there where more pokémon feeling my vibe.

I like some of them, i think Annihilape is genuinely one of the best designs in the franchise and contender for the best design of a cross generational evolution. But i think most, if not all, paradox pokemon are butt ugly and much worse than their old counterparts. Specially stuff like Raging Bolt, which is honestly one of the worst designs in the franchise to me, and it's made worse by the fact that is based on one of my favorite legendaries.

I can see your point fitting China & India but not Australia. Yes Australia's big land wise but most of that's desert and culturally we're no more depth than any of the 3 European regions. The main hesitation I have about them doing an Australian region is how they'd handle ATSI people.

Japan is almost the same way.

It would be nice to get straight up ports of the older games though, considering the prices the originals are going for nowadays.
there's a solution to that. Shiver me timbers!

Nothing wrong with piracy if the devs won't sell you the game

Yup, not like Nintendo, GameFreak, TPC, etc. will get any money if you go out and buy a used physical copy of the older Pokémon games anyway, so what's the real difference beyond 'having something physical'?

(And you don't need to worry about the internal battery in these old-ass games having run dry either that way)

Back
Top Bottom