• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

2/26 Pokémon Presents Speculation Thread

What do you think will be shown tomorrow?

• Sinnoh remakes

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Let’s Go Johto

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • More Pokémon Unite info

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Other

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
God, why can't I have the option to pick all.

For mainline, more updates to SwSh, Sinnoh remakes and Let's Go Johto.
For spinoffs, I want to see a new PMD, a new Pokemon Ranger game, PokePark 3 and Pokemon Quest 2 Johto.

RBGY only sold 1.5 million copies on VC. A far cry from their original sales numbers. Game Freak knows remakes sell better than ported versions. They won't be ditching remakes any time soon lol, don't worry.

Also that was at $10 each, not $30 or $40 or whatever GB games sold for (not old enough to be familiar with GB and GBC pricing). Ports will never sell as good as the original releases because a good majority of the diehard fans that would even be in the market for ports already own the originals and owning the ports is really only a novelty and for completionists who demand connectivity to current generations.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a bundle pack like Super Mario 3D All Stars, not VC re-releases. Say, you buy Red/Blue + Gold/Silver + Ruby/Sapphire bundled together as a full physical release for $60. RBY selling only 1.5 million on VC can probably be chalked up to it being digital only, this wouldn't have that problem.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a bundle pack like Super Mario 3D All Stars, not VC re-releases. Say, you buy Red/Blue + Gold/Silver + Ruby/Sapphire bundled together as a full physical release for $60. RBY selling only 1.5 million on VC can probably be chalked up to it being digital only, this wouldn't have that problem.

I don't think physical ports would impact sales much, if at all. There simply isn't a market for a port of old games, when they know they can remake an old game and easily sell 8-14m copies out the ass.

I don't think physical ports would impact sales much, if at all. There simply isn't a market for a port of old games, when they know they can remake an old game and easily sell 8-14m copies out the ass.

IDK, I mean Super Mario 3D All Stars sold 8.32 million in sales as of December, placing it in the Top 5 highest selling 3D Mario games of all time (behind 64, Odyssey, Galaxy, and 3D Land). So being a port hasn't hurt it all that much. I don't see why the same couldn't happen for Pokemon, putting it on store shelves could do a lot to attract people that wouldn't otherwise buy it as opposed to it being one of a zillion games on the eShop or Switch Online.

IDK, I mean Super Mario 3D All Stars sold 8.32 million in sales as of December, placing it in the Top 5 highest selling 3D Mario games of all time (behind 64, Odyssey, Galaxy, and 3D Land). So being a port hasn't hurt it all that much. I don't see why the same couldn't happen for Pokemon, putting it on store shelves could do a lot to attract people that wouldn't otherwise buy it as opposed to it being one of a zillion games on the eShop or Switch Online.

While I agree with you, I feel like they wont make it a physical release, or at least not one that costs $60. I hope they have more decency than that. Maybe a physical release that costs like $40? But I'm skeptical.

On another note: I could see getting Conquest 2 or even a remake of the original. Tecmo Koei have been involved with various Nintendo IPs over the past few years so I wouldn't be surprised if there is another collaboration with TPC.
Pokemon Warriors anyone:lapras:? lol could you imagine.

The thing is, given that this is a presentation specifically for the 25th anniversary, I can't see them going "Oh, here's a new mobile game! Happy 25th anniversary!" Its getting attention from Masuda and Ohmori. There's gotta be some significant reveal here. The last time it was just a mobile game, they didn't bother hyping it up. There's things that bother me though, such as the fact that Nintendo is giving this no attention.

The thing is, given that this is a presentation specifically for the 25th anniversary, I can't see them going "Oh, here's a new mobile game! Happy 25th anniversary!" Its getting attention from Masuda and Ohmori. There's gotta be some significant reveal here. The last time it was just a mobile game, they didn't bother hyping it up. There's things that bother me though, such as the fact that Nintendo is giving this no attention.

I'm mostly not worried, except for that one little fact. No attention or hype from Nintendo at all is extremely weird, but maybe they're just trying to keep us in suspense, and they'll give it attention after the announcement.

I'm mostly not worried, except for that one little fact. No attention or hype from Nintendo at all is extremely weird, but maybe they're just trying to keep us in suspense, and they'll give it attention after the announcement.
It does genuinely worry me. Apparently they did retweet the June 17th announcement, though they didn't retweet the Pokemon Unite announcement, so this really worries me.

I have a sneaky suspicion they will announce a Pokemon Direct after this presentation. I think the presentation will be largely pokemon related, while the direct will be focused on the remakes. I won't be surprised if its announced.

It does genuinely worry me. Apparently they did retweet the June 17th announcement, though they didn't retweet the Pokemon Unite announcement, so this really worries me.
I wouldn’t worry too much about the lack of Nintendo promotion. There’s going to be some kind of Unite news, which isn’t on a Nintendo platform, so it could well be that Nintendo’s brand team don’t want to tweet about games on other systems. Likely the same reason this is a Presents vs a Direct.

What I expect:
-Unite
-Sleep

What I suspect:
- Next mainline games (Leaning D/P remakes, but outside chance of Let’s Go Johto)
- Detective Pikachu updates

What I’d love, but don’t expect:
- New Gen VIII Mythical reveal/hint
- Some kind of Collection/availability of old games on Switch. The obvious ones here are Gens I - III, and I’d love to have FR/LG on there. I’d also love to see Gen VI & Gen VII remastered (as opposed to remade), but we’re getting out of the realms of possibility here.

I’d be happy with any mainline game announcement. Obviously I’d love D/P remakes, but I’d be happy with Let’s Go Johto as well. The only thing that would actively disappoint me is Let’s Go Sinnoh, as it would imply a change of strategy.

Last edited:
I have a sneaky suspicion they will announce a Pokemon Direct after this presentation. I think the presentation will be largely pokemon related, while the direct will be focused on the remakes. I won't be surprised if its announced.

You're not the first person I've heard say this. But my question is: when would this direct be? Some time soon or would they just say something along the lines of "We are working on a new game for the switch, more info to come later" and then not get a direct until May??

You're not the first person I've heard say this. But my question is: when would this direct be? Some time soon or would they just say something along the lines of "We are working on a new game for the switch, more info to come later" and then not get a direct until May??

The direct will probably be on Monday the next week. They have done it in the past, and I won't be surprised if they do it again. In fact, they did a presents right before the direct that revealed Sword and Shield. Conversely, They could do what you said and mention the remake or even show logos, and do a full scale reveal in May.

I can't help but feel like everyone (and I mean everyone, not just people in this particular thread) speculating about the upcoming presentation is focused solely on video game announcements. This 25th anniversary is a celebration of the whole franchise, not solely the video games.

So... yeah, we'll get some game stuff, and quite possibly a big game announcement. But I think we're also going to get some interesting merch and event announcements. Something more about the P25Music project seems like a good bet, at the least. I wouldn't be all that surprised if we get something related to the TCG as well. Though I'm just hoping there's not more clothing announcements. I've had to write so many news stories about them over the past little while, I'd like something a bit different. ^^;

This would definitely make sense. If there was at least one announcement in the presentation directly related to Nintendo/a game released on the Switch, I'm sure they'd mention it on their social media, just like they did last time.

Remakes are usually marketed around may, are they not? Prepare to just see a teaser or something.

I'm not expecting much. Just info on Sleep, Snap and some Go/Masters news. Maybe a couple of spinoff announcements as well.
If Sinnoh remakes are announced, then imo it'd just be a trailer and logos followed up by the announcement of a direct.

Back
Top Bottom