• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A completely ridiculus, yet awesome idea...

I think they included crossbreeding through egg moves. In ranch they could give out eggs of colored pokes like box.

Ever since the genders were introduced in Generation II, I've been entertained by the idea that we may one day get gay Pokemon. As awesome as this would be in concept, I can't really think of a practical, useful way of implementing them. They'd basically be there to annoy breeders and make Attract slightly more unpredictable. I'd still have a whole team of them, though... >.>

I'm more worried about the headaches it would give the fiction producers. ^^; The whole cross-breeding thing was no problem for anime based on the Monster Rancher series, but that's because there were strict limits to what monsters could be fused with what other monsters, and most different breeds were part of a group that shared the same body structure. Pokemon just has too many creatures for a similar cross-breeding scheme to work.

-Same egg group (obvious)

-Same Body Shape (the pokedex categorizes them into this)

-Atleast having one same type

-Similar stats

Three out of the four criterias have to be met, but the egg group thing is always one of them. If they can do this, then hybrid Pokemon would be awsome. Either that or they could just make it so that only certain Pokemon can cross breed with others.

I think this should only be for like a certain Pokemon.

The other day I was thinking like make an Ice-Donkey counterpart to Ponyta, and breeding them would give you a new powerful Fire/Ice Mule Pokemon (who couldn't breed).

I also forgot to mention some other criteria:

They have to have the same amount of evolutionary stages

They must be in the same evolutionary stage to breed

These are also non-negotiable. So basically it is the first point I stated, plus these two that must be met, and two of the other three things I mentioned

I think all the above ideas would be interesting.

but i would be MOST excited by an online fully 3d MMORPG!

oh yea, id pay alot for that bad boy. WoW could retire!

What about a Pokemon fighting game like Smash Brothers? An actual action Pokemon fighting game, in which you take control of the Pokemon and battle other Pokemon in more Anime-ish battles.
Isn't there already one?

Called Pokemon Battrio, I think.

The original idea wasn't nearly as unfeasible as some people said, or some of those that have propped up since.

Creating original sprite for 486 * 486 pokémon would be hell, so cross-breeding to create new graphical species is a no-go.

But color-based cross-breeding, as was originally proposed? You,re only talking about *recoloring* sprites, which is a staple of RPGs around the world (seriously. How many Final Fantasy I-VI monsters are just recolors of one another?). In addition, of course, there are only so many colors you would have to look at - maybe ten, twelve colors, top.

So yeah. Perhaps not necessarily worthwile, but not nearly as unfeasible as some claimed.

I doubt gamefreak would allow the crossbreeding of two completely different creatures. Also they do have thje same amount of evolutionary stages, or does Pichu not exist to you? (please don't bring up that crap that TCG feeds about basic and baby Pokemon)

I think the wrong part got quoted; Pikachar goes against your same evolutionary stage part. I don't agree with that one personally, but since this is all dreams anyway, have it your way.
A Pokémon MMORPG would be awesome, preferrably with a really big, really pretty region to go with it and not some half-assed throwaway place.

And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who wants gay pokemon. :) I would totally have a whole team of them... though bi pokemon would be better. I want all pokemon to be bi! That way you can breed them as you like, and attract would work on same gender ones. I honestly get thrown off when that doesn't happen. I go "Oh, yeah, Pokemon is a straight game... dammit!"

I also like the ice donkey Ponyta, and the fire/ice mule. I would use it. Oh, there goes my brain, trying to come up with a good look for a fire and ice type. I've always liked Ponyta and Rapidash in concept, yet they've never been on a team of mine. Pity, really.

What I would like, which shouldn't be too hard to implement, is more fire types. Not because I love the ones we've got, but because there seems to be so few of them. There's probably twice as many water types as there are fire types. More, if you count all the pokemon with part water type (wingull, whooper, palkia...).

I like the human trainer idea! Gyrados sends out Crasher Wake! Tortree sends out Pkm Trainer Jessica! Crasher Wake uses Water Level! Water rises! Pkmn Trainer Jessica uses Throw Thing! It hits wake!

I'm so glad other people here want gay Pokemon! I discussed this with lots of people I know, and I was the only one who supported it :(

I would love a game that was totally based on breeding and raising Pokemon. You would have to spend a lot of time caring for them properly to make them happy and well-adjusted. There could also be a lot added to the criteria on which Pokemon are attracted to each other.

Now that would be funny every pokemon has a 50/50 chance to be gay or straight. If there gay they can use opposite gender moves and abilities on same gender pokemon and breed with same gender pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom