• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Suggestion A Strategical Game Sub-forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badal

What the deuce?
Reaction score
I would like to propose a sub-forum under "Fun & Games" for Strategical Games, such as Mafia. Most games in Fun & Games, are stuff like "describe the user above" and this sub-forum will allow for more games to be hosted at once and allow a better and new kind of games to develop.

I don't think that at the moment there's much need for one. I don't think they are that popular yet, and they aren't hosted that much either. And all they take up is a few stickies.

Well, Rayne said there were several users who wanted to host. (on coolking's VM wall)

I think it should be fr non pc++ games. Most of the games in fun and games you don't have to do anything or think through. In Mafia you have to think alot, in the music thing you have to sing to move on. Hopefully this will get people to play other games which aren't, mindless, so to speak.

Thats what I meant by "strategical"
Non-PC ++

I'm not particularly familiar with the genre referred to here, but it seems to me like it would fall more closely along the lines of the Roleplaying Forums than "Fun and Games" anyway.

What I'd look for is a more diverse crowd of participants before considering a whole new subforum. Yes, there are plenty of people who would wish to start a Mafia type game, however, each game we've had so far seems to have the same type of active players.

It fills up to a point, and there aren't too many after that.

Creating multiple types of mafia will begin to stretch the players thin since I'm sure players probably don't want to play more than two or three games at a time as some people have already expressed.

If there's more interest in the games, like an overflow for each subsequent game, then perhaps would be the time to consider a subforum.

For now, we'll limit it to a sticky in Fun and Games where it seems to be doing fairly well as is.

I'd limit it to no more than four of this type of game since that's how many we have going now.

If you have any strategical games you'd like to suggest, I'd be open to those ideas. If we could populate a potential subforum with more than just mafia (or Idol) from the get go, it'd be a great way to boost it's popularity. We could give these ideas test runs in the Fun and Games section first. If enough popularity builds in those, we could certainly migrate them.

Last edited:
Sounds good enough to me.

Requesting Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom