• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG177: Takeshi & Satoshi! Defend Nibi Gym in a Tag Battle!!

Zak

STAR BRINGING PURPLE
Reaction score
According to PokeAni there's a Steelix in it, and it may or may not be Brock's Onix.

~Zak

!!!

If it is, I can only hope it evolves in this episode, because that is an evolution I do not want to miss.

But have they ever showed pokemon who need to be traded to evolve, evolving in an anime?.

Politoed evolved merely by touching the King's Rock. So, yeah.

Edit:

Goddamnit Pie... >_> Lol.

Nyah nyah. XP

Darn it, I really want to see the preview. And this episode.

Preview is up!

- Steelix definitely appears to be Onix evolved. Brock is battling with Steelix under his control.

- Geodude and Crobat are shown! Yay! No Ludicolo though. :/

- Ash battles with Donphan

- Flint or Forest seems to have an Aggron

- Charizard? What the hell?

Doctor Oak said:
Politoed evolved merely by touching the King's Rock. So, yeah.
Well, not really. When it initially put the king's rock on its head, nothing happened. It was only later, when it was released from it's monster ball still wearing the item that it evolved.

Wow. Between Steelix and Forretress and no one else having any Steel-types, Brock seems to be becoming the Steel-type trainer of the group instead of the Rock-type trainer. o_o'

And OH MY GOD SQUINTY GOO-GOO EYES EN MASSE

Now I really want to see this episode. =X

vlcsnap122262533wk.jpg

vlcsnap122288467au.jpg

Pics from the preview

Y'know, i'm willing to bet that the Charizard belongs to Brock's mum.

The last time we saw her she was obsessed with Water Types. It'd make sense for it to be Fire types now.

Why isn't Ludicolo standing with Brock and his other Pokemon? I think this also kind of proves that those are still Brock's Pokemon, as he was only "lending" them to the Gym. I like it that Brock is battling with his first Pokemon, Steelix.

It's the first time May and Max visit Brock's Town.

Wonder if they will compare the gym with his dad's gym...

Or maybe one of his siblings traded onix by accident and got it back (doubt it)..does anyone know yet if it evolved in the episode or prior?.

By the look of the preview Onix has been a Steelix for a while, but nothing is confirmed as far as I know

Actually, the preview makes it seem that Charizard and Aggron are owned by Jessie and James?!

Pie said:
Wow. Between Steelix and Forretress and no one else having any Steel-types, Brock seems to be becoming the Steel-type trainer of the group instead of the Rock-type trainer. o_o'

1. You're forgetting about Aggron.

2. Brock stopped being a Rock-type trainer when he first left Pewter Gym.

My guess for the Aggron is that it's Flint's. As for Charizard, I have no idea.

Pokemon like Steelix must be a dime a dozen in the Pokemon world. Why, I bet I could go out and find one lurking around the garbage cans by myself! Oh look, my Pokeball accidentally fell out of my pocket and caught a Steelix.

Aggron! And with Water Pulse! Last time that happened it was from Savannah's Lairon. Could they possibly be shifting that attack to the -on's?

Char! ...izard? u_u

Moving on.

This animation is BEAUTIFUL. Oh, Pokemon Director who I do not know, why must you spoil me with such wonderful art! If they play their cards right in this episode you can bet it'll be in my top 10.

Geodude said:
1. You're forgetting about Aggron.

2. Brock stopped being a Rock-type trainer when he first left Pewter Gym.

My guess for the Aggron is that it's Flint's. As for Charizard, I have no idea.
1. I meant among the main characters, of course. ^^o

2. But still, all of us hoped the affinity was still there. That was just one of many reasons it made me feel a bit giddy when he got Bonsly.

O__O

Brock and all the Brocklings, Flint and Lola, Steelix goodness, Brock going into another DBZ-like rage (I saw a screencap of him going into one in "Jump for Joy").....looks like this'll be my first raw episode seen. X3

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom