• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG178: Battle Pyramid! VS Regirock!!

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
Ash-tachi run from a rolling boulder a la Indiana Jones, Sceptile battles a Slamence, Regirock presents further problems and Ash becomes evil. Fun.

That Pyramid doesn't look very mobile from the preview.

O_O

Holy Jesus!

Ash being possessed by a bad spirit? Hah! I've found my highlight of the episode. ^_^

Everything else is shaping up to be interest. Whether or not Ash gets the symbol here remains to be seen, but in the mean time I think we'll get a kick out of the offerings in this showdown.

Things to note:

- Salamence and perceived battle between it and Sceptile

- Regirock, of course

- The eerie similarities to Inidiana Jones (We. Are Going. To Die. :()

- The Pryamid!

- Evil possession again. Muahahah.

- Brandon shouting.

- Hoot-hoot and Pidgey

It looks like Sceptile is battling Regirock, not Salamence. In fact, Salamence may be just like the Pidgey/Hoot Hoot, just a Pokemon flying through the Pyramid.

This probably should have been a 2-parter, but I guess they're rushing because D/P are coming out sooner than expected.

Unless Brandon pulls the same stunt the old gym leaders did (well he IS in Kanto ^^) and gives Ash the symbol for helping out, I don't think this is the end. From the preview it looks like waaay too much stuff is going on in the episode for their to be time for a battle, so I suspect that Ash will be returning after the Grand Festival. Ash turning evil looks really cool.

Scott85 said:
It looks like Sceptile is battling Regirock, not Salamence. In fact, Salamence may be just like the Pidgey/Hoot Hoot, just a Pokemon flying through the Pyramid.

This probably should have been a 2-parter, but I guess they're rushing because D/P are coming out sooner than expected.

Flashback........ remember when everyone was thinking of reasons why there was a pidgey in the decka while back...well looks like we might find out (or maybe just me having random thoughts).

Rocketshipper said:
Unless Brandon pulls the same stunt the old gym leaders did (well he IS in Kanto ^^) and gives Ash the symbol for helping out, I don't think this is the end. From the preview it looks like waaay too much stuff is going on in the episode for their to be time for a battle, so I suspect that Ash will be returning after the Grand Festival. Ash turning evil looks really cool.

I suspect Ash getting "posessed" gives him the special power needed to beat Regirock.

Sceptile is pretty strong itself and has an advantage over Regirock, but this "power" is probably the boost.

They already had Ash take a token loss against Anabel, I don't think they'll have him lose again, especially since they're rushing to get all the plotlines finished before the D/P saga.

Ash has been possesed by a Ancient Spirit of a egyptian pharoah! He shall grow a foot and talk deeper.

Pic of evil Ash?, preview won't work!

Yami Ash!! Guess he got hold of the Millennium Pokéball ;D

Anyway I've attached a really small bad quality pic of evil Ash, Can't wait to get the HQ version of this preview so I can icon this XD

Anyone else notice the resemblence to shadow Pokémon?
Scott85 said:
The Grand Festival is going to be over by the end of June. I'm sure they could spare one episode unless there are specific plans for after Battle Frontier.

Scott85 said:
I suspect Ash getting "posessed" gives him the special power needed to beat Regirock.

Sceptile is pretty strong itself and has an advantage over Regirock, but this "power" is probably the boost.
So like the Mauville Gym Battle except this time it is Ash who is boosted (in some currently unknown way.)

Hey...Rica Matsumoto did the voice of Yami Bakura in Yugioh.......

Someone needs to get a full size pic of evil Ash without text, stat!

To say the least, I never expected to see something like possession show up in the animé nowadays.

Well, Deoxys possesed Meowth in the special.

But this is like the first time a spirit, seemignly evil, has infested a main character.

And the full sized pic without text ;D

Yes, I was telling one of my friends about this episode earlier and she can't wait to see it. After all, Yami Bakura's voice was just an evil sounding Satoshi voice :eek:
This episode is gonna intrest me more than I thought it would.

Wow! After having watched the preview of the next episode, I feel really bad for Ash.

I hope he's gonna be okay......

Stupid writers, making him get possessed (I mean, I could see if they made one of the other characters possessed, but doing it to the main character? That's not good. Who will save him?). X_X

*adds 'Ash getting possesed' to the ever-growing list of proof for Main Character Abuse*

Anyway, I didn't like the way he looked in that last scene. He looked REALLY evil.

And evil Ash scares me. O_O

Oh, and by the way, FabuVinny, you have a good point there, with the shadow Pokemon thing. That aura does seem like something from out of either Colosseum or XD: Gale of Darkness.

But, there's one question though, if it IS something that has to do with shadow Pokemon, then why is Ash being possesed? He isn't a Pokemon, so that's just really weird that it would affect him.

I'm looking forward to this episode. The last 2 episodes of AG have been really good.

Yeah, and I'm actually looking forward to seeing this episode too. ^_^

And that's interesting for me, since I usually don't watch raw episodes. But, this just happens to be one of those episodes that has a lot of really cool, weird, and interesting stuff going on in it.

Anyway though, I hope that they don't make evil/possessed Ash do anything really bad or drastic (by that, I mean I hope that they don't make him do stuff that Ash would normally NOT do at all, stuff that would make him seem really out-of-character). And I also hope that he isn't possessed for that long. Being evil just isn't Ash's personality at all. He's way too good, kind, loving and caring to be like that. And another thing, if he's possesed, he couldn't really have a Pokemon battle anyway, could he?

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom