• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Does it really matter as long as Liko and Hatenna get decent screentime together before they inevitably seal the deal.
That's true, and that is important. I just think they're taking too long with giving Liko (and all recent Pokegirls for that matter,) their first captures. (Seriously, May and Dawn had their first captures 13 and 8 episodes after their debut appearances, respectively, while Liko still hasn't caught anything at over 20.)

1693599301884.png

And it's over. Farewell to CITV and the Pokémon anime's first and most popular home.

Y'know, this might be a non-sequitur but it baffles me the none of the higher ups at ITV thought that parents might have some questions about their kids wanting to watch a streaming service known as "X". :unsure:
*Twitter
I refuse to call it X because
Edit: Oh you meant “streaming”, not “social networking”, my bad

I wonder what they do with the movies going forward.

Do they make movies featuring our new main cast from Horizons?
Will they continue with alternate Ash, or maybe even regular Ash? (I don't see this being the case so soon after his retirement, but still worth mentioning).
Or will they make something completely new and self-contained?

Did we ever get a reason as to why the movies started being an Alternate Ash? Depending on the why Horizons cast might be out of the picture.
I feel like they will probably be self contained but I would love for it to still be Ash (Main or Alternate)

I wonder what they do with the movies going forward.

Do they make movies featuring our new main cast from Horizons?
Will they continue with alternate Ash, or maybe even regular Ash? (I don't see this being the case so soon after his retirement, but still worth mentioning).
Or will they make something completely new and self-contained?
Considering they already retired Ash, I’d say that there’s a good chance this one will feature Liko and Roy.
Heck, if they wanted to take the risk, then give me “Ash meets Liko and Roy”.
I'm still a little sad I'll probably never get to see Goh on a movie budget.
Because they never made/chose not to make Journeys movies.

That "rumor" is not that reliable to be honest. What happened is that a leaker from the games added the Japanese words for "The movie" to their profile and people misinterpreted it. It's possible he's actually hinting at a new mythical for the DLC but I doubt he has information about the movies too, he has never leaked anything about the anime.

A movie would be a way to boost Liko & Roy's popularity a bit, but the director would probably prefer Ash's flexibility and personality to tell his stories, we have to wait and see.

I don't know if I could see them giving Liko and Roy a movie. It would be a way to attract attention for them and the current series, but I'm not sure if having a new movie for the first time in years with new lead characters would be the way to go. I don't know if it would be necessarily more successful if they had new characters in the lead role for a movie. Personally, I still like the idea of them using Ash for movies. Whether it's AU Ash or main series Ash, people would be excited to see Ash again and it would help to make the movies feel like special events if this was a way for people to still see some of Ash's adventures.

If they were going to make a new movie with Ash as the main character, I wonder if we would get to see him travel to Paldea for the setting.

Team Rocket would likely have a bigger role than usual since it would be their big return, too. I'd like to see them utilizing all of their Pokemon together some more.

I do wonder how they would make the decision of which of his Pokemon would be on his active team or which companions would return because there would inevitably be people who are disappointed.

Considering they already retired Ash, I’d say that there’s a good chance this one will feature Liko and Roy.
Heck, if they wanted to take the risk, then give me “Ash meets Liko and Roy”.

Because they never made/chose not to make Journeys movies.

They didn't make any SM movies either, so I wasn't getting my hopes up. They had already jumped to alternate Ash at that point for the movies. There was also the COVID-19 impact to consider.

I don't know whether or not they would save Ash meeting the RVTs for the end of Horizons or give him a multi-episode arc or if they would make it a movie event. I have a feeling Ash won't return in the main series, tbh. Everything so far makes me feel like they want Horizons to be completely separate from everything that came before.

They didn't make any SM movies either, so I wasn't getting my hopes up. They had already jumped to alternate Ash at that point for the movies.
That’s true. The last time we saw canon Ash in a movie was the Volcanion movie.
I don't know whether or not they would save Ash meeting the RVTs for the end of Horizons or give him a multi-episode arc or if they would make it a movie event. I have a feeling Ash won't return in the main series, tbh. Everything so far makes me feel like they want Horizons to be completely separate from everything that came before.
I agree with this

Cast -

Ohara - Cat Protano
Aliquis - Paul Castro Jr.
Hohma - Caroline Spinola
Arven - Henry Mason
Nemona - Olivia Vidas
Director Clavell - Pete Zarustica (Oliver Wyman)

Dubbed by 3Beep and voice directed by Dominic Dunn.

Back
Top Bottom