• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anyone Play Pokemon TCG Online? You should! Here's why ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually decided to do that campaign. The AI indeed sucks, but I can look the other way.
Weak AI also equals quick and easy DP for a short while and my favorite pack (Legendary Treasures) costs twice as much.

Actually decided to do that campaign. The AI indeed sucks, but I can look the other way.
Weak AI also equals quick and easy DP for a short while and my favorite pack (Legendary Treasures) costs twice as much.

It costs twice as much because it's actually a full pavk as opposed to the other ones, which are 5 cards.

Is everything you can purchase with Trainer Tokens non-tradable? I wouldn't mind setting up a few trades (I traded a Plasma Freeze pack for an XY pack and then a Xerneas), but first I need spare 'trade-locked' cards so I don't hinder my theme decks.

Latest match against the AI using the Brilliant Thunder deck went more or less like this:
Shinx used Static Shock! (30 damage) Shinx used Static Shock! (Lather, rinse, repeat.) The AI was so busy retreating his injured Pokemon off the field that he barely got any attacks in whatsoever (though he was doing a decent job distributing Energy rather than having one Pokemon hoard it all). In the meantime, I'm busy setting up Pidgeot (because if that thing gets in, it's over), Rapidash, and hoping to get a spare Luxio on bench (for that Electricounter attack).

Awesome moment: Why is Zapdos vulnerable to Electric? It enabled tiny little Shinx to two-shot the legendary.

I also played somebody last night, me with the Serperior deck and them with something Fire-type. I lost (type disadvantage), but actually held out pretty well in the meantime. I also played someone else using the Frost Ray deck (I don't recall theirs) and won - Noctowl's Powerful Vision and Vanilluxe's ChillMAX got in some pretty hard hits. Good game on both sides, really.

So I want to play, but I have a question.

The OP said that you got a free(untradable) pack every 5 days, and coins on the others. Are the packs i buy with these coins untradeable as well or just the 5day packs?

The OP said that you got a free(untradable) pack every 5 days, and coins on the others. Are the packs i buy with these coins untradeable as well or just the 5day packs?

I do believe the packs you buy with tokens are untradable. It's quite depressing for people like me, who don't put a single cent into the game. All of my tradables are from back when I played this during the end of HG/SS and start of BW, as well as the stuff I got from trading that.

I do believe the packs you buy with tokens are untradable. It's quite depressing for people like me, who don't put a single cent into the game. All of my tradables are from back when I played this during the end of HG/SS and start of BW, as well as the stuff I got from trading that.
Well looks like imma not be trading much then. I refuse to dump money into online games, and nobody around here plays paper.

Booster packs that you win by 4-starring an AI trainer appear to be tradable [edit: nope, they're not] as are packs unlocked via codes (that you get with the physical packs). Cards in theme decks unlocked via codes (again, from the physical deck) are also tradable. I would like to get my hands on a Zoroark coin sometime (I do have a physical one, just not a virtual one) ...

Okay, another few epic moments against the AI with me using the Brilliant Thunder deck:
In one match, Helioptile used Destructive Beam to drain a Volcarona of all its Energy and then chip away at it 10HP at a time until I knock it out. That's a lot of turns.

In another match, Helioptile chipped away at a Darkrai-EX (again, draining all its energy first), totaling over 100 damage (from 180) before they swapped it out. Rapidash subsequently finished it off.

In the Platinum league final match, one match really went down to the wire -- I wasn't drawing much Energy from my deck early on so I was forced to stall while I tried to set up Pidgeot and Luxio with full Energy. Ponyta got a lot of very lucky coin flips and survived maybe three turns longer than it had any right to (with a Burn, and against a fully-stocked Darmanitan), whereas Snorlax did nothing but buy me two extra turns. By the time I was ready to strike back, the AI had taken 5 Prize Cards and that looks pretty bleak . . . but one Professor's Letter and two Electric energies later, Luxio is on the field and proceeds to sweep their entire team unanswered (with his Electricounter doing 40 * Prize Cards taken = 200 damage per turn, even one-shotting their Entei-EX), and it's over.

... in a flash. *rimshot*

Last edited:
Man, not even Themed Deck mode is safe from assholes. Everyone runs that fighting deck with Conkledurr.

Yeah, Basic Orange is a pain, and at this point, painfully boring to see. I like to use a HGSS-era Basic Yellow deck on occasion, and that deck HATES Basic Orange.

Man, not even Themed Deck mode is safe from assholes. Everyone runs that fighting deck with Conkledurr.

But of course they always run the most powerful 'mon! Like how I always run Pigeot in Brilliant Thunder (with Luxio for backup), or Noctowl in Frost Ray.

Last edited:
Yeah, Basic Orange is a pain, and at this point, painfully boring to see. I like to use a HGSS-era Basic Yellow deck on occasion, and that deck HATES Basic Orange.

Well, there's always type disadvantage. You could save up some tokens and get the Psy Crusher deck. It's one of my favorites, and does well against most other themed decks. This is mostly due to Espeon's energy cost being only one, and Leafeon being able to use an attack which punishes the other player for having a lot of energy attached. Fun stuff! There's a pretty sweet Beedrill that can devastate if it has full hit points as well.

I have won many tournament theme deck matches with Psy Crusher, and as mentioned before, the packs you win are trade-able! Looking forward to the next tournament :)

Well, there's always type disadvantage. You could save up some tokens and get the Psy Crusher deck. It's one of my favorites, and does well against most other themed decks. This is mostly due to Espeon's energy cost being only one, and Leafeon being able to use an attack which punishes the other player for having a lot of energy attached. Fun stuff! There's a pretty sweet Beedrill that can devastate if it has full hit points as well.

I have won many tournament theme deck matches with Psy Crusher, and as mentioned before, the packs you win are trade-able! Looking forward to the next tournament :)

I may just save up for that deck. ^_^

I've considered getting that one for Espeon, but I'm not personally fond of the other 'Mons in the deck, or Poison as a type.

hi.
how long should the load time be?
i finally made an account today. i logged in a few minutes ago with the account and i am at the loading window...

the one that is titled "loading game data" and says "loading data from servers. please wait"

how long...are we usually supposed to wait?....

i just closed it a minute or so ago....

I think they just applied some weird update. Some of the cards don't show for me, and again, my decks have the wrong picture. It happens now and then. Think you just tried to load up the game at the wrong time. The load times may also be due to the fact that you have never played before. I would wait until a little later and try again :)

it worked after i restarted it.

so, i have a couple questions..is there a faster way to get more money to buy stuff, then just doing the trainer challenges? it only goes 1,3,10,booster pack..so that doesn't seem like a quick way to get to 500 anytime soon.
Are we also allowed to buy the same exact deck more then one time?
For trainer challenges, are we stuck with the 3 starter decks or can we use a custom deck we made?

thanks.

so, i have a couple questions..is there a faster way to get more money to buy stuff, then just doing the trainer challenges? it only goes 1,3,10,booster pack..so that doesn't seem like a quick way to get to 500 anytime soon.
For trainer challenges, are we stuck with the 3 starter decks or can we use a custom deck we made?

thanks.

To get tokens, the Trainer Challenge is in fact the quickest way. The first ranked battle you play every day has ten more tokens, so you should do one of those. You can buy the same deck as many times as you want. You can use any theme deck you buy/earn, but you cannot use any custom deck you build.

thanks.

To get tokens, the Trainer Challenge is in fact the quickest way. The first ranked battle you play every day has ten more tokens, so you should do one of those. You can buy the same deck as many times as you want. You can use any theme deck you buy/earn, but you cannot use any custom deck you build.

ok. i suppose grinding in trainer challenge with custom decks may make it too easy if you're using your own super strong deck against the poor, defenseless CPU, LOL.
so expanding on that, where would you be able to use a custom deck? versus and tournaments? do you earn tokens in either of those 2, or only cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom