• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are you a Twilight Fan?

Is Twilight entertaining?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Hell No

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Sometimes....but not all

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Id rather date Rebecca Black

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixon

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm very new here, but I love Twilight and anime, but anyway, I wanted to open up a thread and see if anyone else liked Twilight as much as I did. To see if any of ya had thoughts on it?

Did any of you see Breaking Dawn? That was so awesome to me :D

I like Twilight Sparkle... the unicorn pony that is...

I used to be a Twilight fan. I was addicted to it around 2007-2008ish until a little after Breaking Dawn, the book came out. I never watched the movies, but I have seen screenshots and know who is playing the main characters.
Now, I see Edward Cullen as a sparkly fairy princess and Bella's a Mary-Sue. Stephenie Meyer made too many exceptions for her characters. Surprisingly, I have nothing against Jacob. I am also wondering how normal Bella's life would have been if she went with a normal human guy.

Eh, I like it but only because I like that mushy romance crap that so many people hate. I don't like the fact that they are actually vampires though. Vampires get burned by sunlight and sleep in the day so I see the Twilight Vampires as creatures that aren't really sure what they are. I don't care what the haters think. Stephanie Meyer was NOT an author. She was never planning on writing a book. She did not study literacy for years like other famous authors through history. She was just a mother who wrote down a dream she had after taking her children to swimming classes.

Eh, I like it but only because I like that mushy romance crap that so many people hate. I don't like the fact that they are actually vampires though. Vampires get burned by sunlight and sleep in the day so I see the Twilight Vampires as creatures that aren't really sure what they are.

The whole thing about vampires burning from sunlight was created by Hollywood. In the actual folklore, they lose their powers in the sunlight and walk among the humans until night comes. However, the idea of them sparkling makes them look less intimidating than they're suppose to be.

In the actual folklore, they lose their powers in the sunlight and walk among the humans until night comes.

that's actually frightening if you think about it. a vampire could be following you in a crowd, watching you from across the street, etc.

on topic.. no, because i haven't watched or read the story.

I dont really care about the series, but Im not going to hate it just because the rest of my gender does.

No. Vampires don't interest me. And I only like sparkles on Cilan and Major Armstrong~

I gave it a good attempt, but got bored after 2 chapters of the first book. Then I ended up having to see the first movie twice, and near fell asleep the second time.

Closet twitard. I e joy it but honestly think it is a god-awful example for girls and I am disturbed that so many younger girls are reading it. I think when you are older and know better that this stuff is dumb dumb fun, but for younger girls it sets up some really disturbing things as acceptable.

That said I love bad romance novels and bad geological disaster flicks, but both are guilty pleasures.

Only This old fic of the same name.

Other than that, I can't stand the books or movies. Sparkly vampires are funny, though.

[video=youtube;ussCHoQttyQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussCHoQttyQ[/video]

I... No. I can't respect the books despite giving a few pages a try because I honestly have no respect for Meyer due to her lack of creativity, depth of characters/storyline or any general technical skill whatsoever.

The only entertainment value the films ever had for me were laughing as my friends replayed Bella getting hurt in many different ways. Repeatedly.

Stephanie Meyer has ruined the whole Vampire sub genre. The only good Vampire films are Nosferatu and Bram Stoker's Dracula.

I've seen the first two movies (avoiding something because it's regarded as uncool, makes you super uncool) It's an OK franchise. I don't have anything against romance, just as long as it doesn't try and claim to also, be funny. I like the dreariness of the movie, it gives it a unique feel.

I think Twilight had potential to be great, since I do admit I have a thing for vampire stories, but it totally fell flat. The characters are awful, the plot is awful, the writing is awful. So no, not a fan.

Nah. I was forced to watch it once (at school) and it was shit, so...
Only This old fic of the same name.

Other than that, I can't stand the books or movies. Sparkly vampires are funny, though.
Holy shit. I just read most of that guys stuff over the last few hours. It is now 4:20 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom