• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Awesome Japanese Rock band

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flannerysdaughter

A walking Pokedex
Reaction score
There's this awesome Japanese band that I was introduced to by one of my friends. They're awesome. :) Formed in the 2000s. Their band name is: The Gazette. If you like J-Rock or J-Thrash, I highly recommend this band. If you don't like rock... just please check them out... you might like them. :D

Larc~en~ciel are a good rock band! And a good J-metal band is Maximum the Hormone.

Wow, I'll have to listen to The Gazette album I have, I'd never really gotten around to it. It was accidentally sent to me along with the Versailles album Noble I'd ordered.

I should check them out...I might like it...
I recommend Abingdon Boys School and UVERworld

Larc~en~ciel are a good rock band! And a good J-metal band is Maximum the Hormone.

Amen, shinjilover.

Though I find it rather strange that all Japanese music is a genre with a J thrown in front of it.

My favorite J-rock bands, always:

Pillows
Straightener
Ellegarden
Asian Kung-Fu Generation
Acidman
the Band Apart

I have every CD from each and was fans of them before they were real famous, not that that matters (and besides Asian Kung-Fu... their first release was a hit because of Naruto, and I didn't get a hold of their indy stuff till after) I also like Doping Panda, 175R, the Brilliant Green, D.A.I, a lot, among others...

Hopefully Ellegarden gets back together in the future like other groups have, they kind-of crashed like a rock-star...

I also will mention The Pillows (good indie rock, influenced by bands such as The Pixies). Also:

Shonen Knife (good girl punk)
Polysics (electropunk reminiscent of Devo)
The Boredoms (their old stuff is pure noise insanity, beautiful noise)

Pillows, L'arc have already been mentioned, so here's my picks:

-Malice Mizer and Moi dix Mois: they're from the Visual Kei genre, which means you're getting a lot of classical-inspired, gothic stuff, but their music is nothing short of amazing. Both are projects of Mana, hence I include them together (because MdM is more or less Malice Mizer 2.0)

-Miyavi: he's very punk, a bit too rough edged for me to allow it to take up precious hard drive space, but if you like punk and indie-sounding rock, he's worth a shot.

-Ali Project: another Visual band, this time with female vocals. Does everything from chamber music sounding stuff to songs that are pure gothic fantasy. There is really nothing I can compare them to... their sound is that unique.

-Orange Range- a very eclectic group, they mix R&B influence in with rock and punk. Their music is just fun, to say the least. There's no other real way to put it. Just a band you can put on and dance to.

-Hyde (solo work)- the lead singer of L'arc en Ciel has put out some excellent solo music. His vocals are incredible on their own, and he makes some genuinely amazing rock music.

-Gackt- one of the singers from Malice Mizer and another singer with an amazing voice.

-High and Mighty Color- I've only had one chance to hear them (their song from Bleach), but Ichirin no Hana is a pretty sweet song, so I need to remember to grab more of their stuff.

redballoon, high and mighty color, babystars, and maximum the hormone are pretty damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom