• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AZ?

Yeah, that's actually been known for quite awhile. The move's name is Light of Ruin.

Well, that changes everything. Maybe we can expect the Floette in an event (prolly involving some adaption of AZ's backstory either in the movie, part of the Mega-evo specials of the mainsteam anime a la Episode N)

Inb4 Episode AZ

But in all seriousness, a Floette event should explain everything. I really don't think they would have given it a signature move just for placeholder data (or to troll potential hackers), so it's obviously an event pokemon. I guess this increases the chances for DLC or another game to explain all the backstory

Here's a question: How is the name pronounced? Is it 'Azz' , 'Ay-Zee' , or 'Ay-Zed' ?

I usually pronounce it "Azz" but the official pronunciation was not actually revealed. I think we'll have to wait until Ash attempts the league again before they tell us the pronunciation (and even then it would not be official if we The Legend of Thunder into account)

Here's a question: How is the name pronounced? Is it 'Azz' , 'Ay-Zee' , or 'Ay-Zed' ?

I always pronounce it "Aye-Zee," although I supposed that you would pronounce it "Aye-Zed" if that's how your version of English pronounces it. If it were meant to be pronounced "Azz," then I would have expected them to spell it "Az," without capitalizing the Z. And, if you read the documents in Lysandre Labs, then you will learn that the name is actually an acronym, of sorts. The A represents "the beginning," while the Z represents "the end." So each letter means something.

I would say Aye-Zed. Aye-Zee kind of sounds rather cheesy considering that it rhymes with a certain rapper's name...

I call him Ey-Zee
Cuz Ey-Zed makes me think of the professional football club from Alkmaar >.>

I usually call Z Zed, but this is an exception to that rule

In one of the castles in Kalos (I forget which one, I always mix them up), there is a painting of the builder of the castle, and when you interact with it, it says that the portrait looks like AZ. Maybe he was the king of Kalos and possibly built the entire region.

AZ was the King of Kalos, until the war ended. Then his brother took the throne and presumably re-built the region that AZ had decimated. The castle you're thinking of is Parfum Palace, which was built 300 years ago, not 3,000.

Apparently, since his actual name is hinted to be Azoth in OR/AS, I'm gonna go with AZ being a nickname pronounced like "Ahz" (think "Oz") or "as" (like "as in"). Previously, I would've said "Ayy-zee" since his name was literally two upper-case letters. But I like Az.

If they ever make another Kalos game, or remake X/Y, I hope we get a good story involving the Eternal Floette. There is SO much potential there. Learning more about the nature of the relationship between the two, and about the ultimate weapon's effects and aftermath on the world, would be such a step up for GF.

Can you imagine the Eternal Floette joining your party like Latios/Latias did in OR/AS? I think that'd be amazing.

Since I think the next Kalos game will be a sequel, there is a high chance AZ will appear more frequently due to how XY ended.

Not sure what his role would be... AZ new Kalos champion confirmed

If they ever make another Kalos game, or remake X/Y, I hope we get a good story involving the Eternal Floette. There is SO much potential there. Learning more about the nature of the relationship between the two, and about the ultimate weapon's effects and aftermath on the world, would be such a step up for GF.

Can you imagine the Eternal Floette joining your party like Latios/Latias did in OR/AS? I think that'd be amazing.

Well, Masuda stated in an interview that AZ received Floette as a gift from his dying mother when he was a child. And she was ripped out of his arms by soldiers to fight in the war. Which makes no sense to me. You're going to take away your King's most prized possession against his will? I would have whoever did that executed, but whatever...

And Floette's going to have an event at some point. The model is present in the X/Y coding (IDK if it's present in OR/AS) and the coding also shows its signature move, Light Of Ruin. So we will get an event for it.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom