• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Battle Of Hogwarts [NIGHT 4; 3/12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alrighty then, again, apologies for the delay, i've been very busy with coming out of hospital as I kinda have to check back daily almost. No flavour text because kept you waiting long enough.

The students had again attempted to find out their enemy. Were they right? Find out next week on...

latest
You are Severus Snape!

All throughout Harry Potter you are seen as an evil person, and killing Dumbledore made you seem even worse, this greatly gained Voldemorts appreciation of you however.

But, this was all planned between yourself and Dumbledore, behind Voldemorts back.

Either way, you can pass to be on Dumbledore's side, or Voldemort's. This makes you the Independent. You win with whatever other team wins.

The only ability you have is that you evade all nightkills aimed at you.

That is all...

Doctor/Count Dragelsnart was killed, they were sided with themselves.

IT IS NOW NIGHT 4, THIS PHASE WILL DEFINITELY DEFINITELY DEFINITELY END AT 6PM/12CT(?) GMT ON 4/12!

I didnt forget this I swear.

The last one had only a few more targets left, one would keel over from poison tonight, the other they could personally kill themself.

You are Seamus Finnigan!

You like blowing things up, whether accidental or purposfully, you have a slight falling out with Harry Potter in your fifth year, but eventually you sort it out.

You are best friends with Dean Thomas, this makes you the Mason, meaning you already know Dean, and can talk to him in the QuickTopic link below.

You are sided with Dumbledore's Army, you win when all other factions are ridden of.

CrackFox was Killed, they were sided with Dumbledore's Army!

Hey there, sorry this took >40 minutes.

You are Dobby, the House-Elf!

Holder of the saddest death in the series.

But anyway, you are one of Harry's best friends, even if you do get in the way at times. Now I couldn't think of a great role for you to have so here you go.

You are the Public Revealer Meaning once per phase day and Night, you can PM me asking me to reveal yourself in the chat.

This will prove your innocence and that you are town, but you can only use this ability after Day and Night 1. So hope you dont die straight away!

You are sided with Dumbledore's Army, you win when all other factions are ridden of!

Dylanpiera died of Poison, they were sided with Dumbledore's Army.

IT IS NOW DAY5, THIS PHASE WILL END AT APPROX. 5pm GMT ON 5/12

Vote: Peeko

Hasn't been active for a while, and Neonsands is confirmed town, so he's the only option left.

Also, I've been poisoned. Though I guess it doesn't really matter at this point.

Oi oi! Its been a while, here is the endgame anyway! Will be including a full player list, since I have things to be said!

1. @Pikochu;
2. @CrackFox;
3. @returnofmastercrazyhand;
4. @Flopcorn;
5. @TheCapsFan;
6. @Count Dragelsnart;
7. @Hessian;
8. @Elieson;
9. @Zexy;
10. @Neonsands;
11. @Sword Master;
12. @Noivern;
13. @Slife;
14. @Peeko;
15. @PaulTheProtist;

You are Neville Longbottom, (my 2nd favourite character ;))

You are braver than you look, and will prove it in the battle. You are the One Shot Vigilante.

Once per game at night, you can kill one person, and after you use this you become just a villager. That is all.

You are sided with Dumbledore's Army and you win when all other factions are ridden of.

Peeko was Lynched, they were sided with Dumbledore's Army.

THIS MAKES THE MAFIA THE WINNER! CONGRATULATIONS SLIFE, KYLO REN AND NOIVERN!

~~~~

Alrighty, some explaining to do here. Ahem, listen up!

I just wanted to say, thanks for putting up with my illnesses, me being busy, crappy hosting, me being forgetful etc.

I would like to say, it kinda means a lot that you guys stayed in the game, even if it was ridden with mistakes. So for that, thankyou.

I am really sorry for all the mess I made, but I will still be hosting other games, gotta learn from your mistakes amirite?

I couldnt stop myself for being very ill, or being busy, but it wasnt fair to keep you guys waiting. I also guess it wasnt fair letting you guys put up with it.

The game had potential, which I myself, didnt take to its full extent. 3 Indeps might have been too much, 3 mafias might have been too much, town may have been slightly over/underpowered dependant on which way you look at it.

TL;DR Thanks a bunch guys. And sorry :3

Congrats Slife!

... town was extremely inactive especially in the last day phase. It was final 3, the two townies never showed up.
Slife voted for Peeko who was clear, nothing was done about it. It was obvious he was the last scum but... nothing.
Also, too many indep claims lynched. That shouldn't have happened :(

Thanks for hosting Equinox! Despite the game ending up inactive, it was extremely nice of you that you kept hosting despite the troubles in real life.

IMO game was scumsided and with three ITP the scumteam was essentially 6. No reason for ITPs not to side with scum had they been given the chance. In theory, 2 MisLynches and the game could've ended with all ITPs claiming able-to-scumside and scum just claiming with them. Vig doesn't matter when only one vig existed and he might just shoot a bomb anyway, and maf's double kill aka poison was quite the powerhouse.

*Edit* two vigs, which makes it a bit weirder

That being said the game was a mindfuck and overall enjoyable sans the disgusting amount of inactivity. Sry bout that Equihost. For future reference, if you ever need a backup host or something, just find a dead player who doesn't shut up and ask them to help run things in your stead. It can minimize your stress quite a bit, to have a shoulder to lean on :)

Future advice; minimize ITPs or at least restrict them to not potentially pick a side and just camp it all game.

Also I'm the fucking best ya'll need to get on my level.

Hey Noivern

You are going to die this phase.

##Vote Sword Master

You too.

Night vig?

Probably shoot Slife or PaulTheProtist

Last edited:
Well, the balance was definitely shaky and Elie summed it up well but I didn't really want to call Equihost out for this given the situation.
Thing is, the 3p might have not considered that siding with scum is a possibility and town could win by massclaiming (we were close to that anyway!)
game made it to f3 because of it's mindf*ckness so it's ok enough I guess
inactivity messed up the game experience much more imo

For future reference, if you ever need a backup host or something, just find a dead player who doesn't shut up and ask them to help run things in your stead. It can minimize your stress quite a bit, to have a shoulder to lean on
Couldn't agree more with this...

Thanks Noivern and Slife for being great partners, and good game town.
Also, Equinox you were a great host, and well done for putting a great game ;).

First off, good game everyone! Special thanks to @Kakashi Hatake; for hosting a cool game despite difficult circumstances.

In response to @Elieson; I wouldn't say this game was scumsided at all. I wouldn't even necessarily say it favored mafia had the game indeed been played conventionally with active participation. In fact, I think if everyone had been participating to their full extent, scum would have easily lost. The reason for this is inherent in the game mechanics, that being the ability to claim. With nameclaiming and screenshots allowed, once the town leader emerged, along with autoconfirmed roles such as Dobby, and collectively massclaimed, the mafia would essentially be checkmated (since we had no role to cover ourselves with and no justifiable fakeclaims). This almost happened lategame, when CrackFox began keenly scumhunting using proof of screenshots. She had effectively backed me into a corner, and if the rest of town were active at the time they would have realized this and lynched me immediately. The only thing that may have hindered this is Independents siding with scum, people not believing the claims (since some characters' roles did seem oddly placed in the game; but really it wouldn't be wise to base crucial judgments simply off the game's "theme"), and of course, inactivity.

That's what may happen in an ideal theoretical version of this game. What actually happened was quite different. Somehow you managed to target Voldemort (the only one who had the power to kill him) on what I presume to have just been a lucky shot(in that you hadn't confirmed Noivern was mafia). Sword Master was also lynched that day through some mechanics that I was not expecting, and I might have potentially died if Peeko had targeting me instead of Paul. Three possible deaths due to nothing but inactivity alone, two of which actually occurred. So it goes both ways with the inactivity and luck; there wasn't much of it on either side, making the game a tossup in the end.

As for our roles, SM's role would have inevitably gotten him killed, and once he died, the Godfather would have been revealed along with it, making his role power severely limiting. My role may have been powerful, but it comes with the drawback that the target is informed of their impending death. This would not only help the game advance by said targets making riskier plays, but also helps quickly narrow down mafia and reveal more innocents. Additionally, with most of the Independents agreeing to work with town, or at the least remaining neutral, the mafia didn't have support in that respect either. Fianlly, Neonsands role PM reveal would have pretty much ended the game for me right there, as Dragelsnart took the fall instead, bringing the endgame to 2:1 in town's favor. At least if that hadn't occurred, mafia still had a chance, with 1 mafia, 1 town, and 1 independent remaining.

These instances overall show the discrepancies between the theory and practice of the game, and how radically different the outcome could have been had things played out even slightly differently. That's why I don't think it's correct to say mafia had an easy or clearcut victory by any means.

Also, here's my role PM if anyone was interested.

"Dinner, Nagini."

You are Nagini!

The Dark Lord's favourite item in the world, his loyal companion and pet, a Boa Constrictor.

You have poison to defeat any foe, so it only makes sense that you are the Poisoner, once per night you can PM me the name of whoever you want to poison. They will then die in 2 phases time.

You are sided with Voldemort's Army, you win when Dumbledore's army is obliterared!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom