• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BC's Random Art

Those lines in the background look kind of like rays of sunlight shining from above the water; I wonder if they are? In any case, perhaps it’s because of the type of drawing surface being used here, but I’m see a kind of more “sketch”-like quality than what I’m used to from you, and it has its own sort of soft-feeling charm to it that I quite enjoy, I think. I like the more subdued colors compared to your previous water drawing, too! Not that I really like one more than the other, but it’s different in a good way.

Those lines in the background look kind of like rays of sunlight shining from above the water; I wonder if they are? In any case, perhaps it’s because of the type of drawing surface being used here, but I’m see a kind of more “sketch”-like quality than what I’m used to from you, and it has its own sort of soft-feeling charm to it that I quite enjoy, I think. I like the more subdued colors compared to your previous water drawing, too! Not that I really like one more than the other, but it’s different in a good way.

The are lines are supposed to be light filtering in through the water yes. Though I'm using the exact same paper and alcohol markers that I had for the Krabby one, just more colored pencils, so maybe that's the difference you're seeing?

Omg your artwork is so amazing. It’s so full of character and personality! That’s one of the most important things in art and what makes art so amazing even if there are flaws.

Aww thank you! I really appreciate that! ^^ I'm currently trying to find my likes and preferences for how I draw and such. It's been an interesting time learning what I like, and my tendencies.

Tried my hand at some digital art this time! Though why my brain decided on a sad piece I will never understand

IMG_0001.JPG

I’m usually kind of ambivalent about digital artwork, whether drawn or animated or otherwise. As beautiful as it can be, there’s something about the analog ways of doing things that just feels different to me, and sometimes more real in that imperfect kind of way that the sometimes “clean” nature of digital doesn’t always convey as well, I think. (Though, oddly enough, I don’t think the same about vinyl vs. CDs, haha). With that said, I really like your work with that medium here, and of your interpretation of an iconic Pokémon moment! I would probably have the darkness surrounding Charmander to be a bit darker if it was me doing this, but it works nonetheless, and I especially like that subtle shaft of light above them as if hope is shining down on them, even in the darkness. I also enjoy the slightly scratchy line work that gives it a somewhat hand-drawn feel, even as it’s still obviously a digitally-drawn work here. I’d really look forward to seeing what else you can do in the digital realm!

I’m usually kind of ambivalent about digital artwork, whether drawn or animated or otherwise. As beautiful as it can be, there’s something about the analog ways of doing things that just feels different to me, and sometimes more real in that imperfect kind of way that the sometimes “clean” nature of digital doesn’t always convey as well, I think. (Though, oddly enough, I don’t think the same about vinyl vs. CDs, haha). With that said, I really like your work with that medium here, and of your interpretation of an iconic Pokémon moment! I would probably have the darkness surrounding Charmander to be a bit darker if it was me doing this, but it works nonetheless, and I especially like that subtle shaft of light above them as if hope is shining down on them, even in the darkness. I also enjoy the slightly scratchy line work that gives it a somewhat hand-drawn feel, even as it’s still obviously a digitally-drawn work here. I’d really look forward to seeing what else you can do in the digital realm!

As always, thank you for the feedback ^^ I have to agree with you on digital artwork, I've never been able to get into it as creatively as a good'ol pencil and paper sketch. It somehow feels restrictive despite all the possible uses. But I'm still willing to give it a go and I'm pretty happy with how this piece came out. I think the pencil-like brush I decided to use was what helped me actually finish this lol

Been lurking for a while but I just wanted to stop by and say your art is lovely! It's always nice to see more analog art, and you've got a fantastic eye for color and detail — like the foam on the water in your Finizen piece, or the tinges of blue and violet in the shading of your Charmander. It really makes things pop visually, and it's very pretty!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom