• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Fire type starter

Which region had the best Fire starter?

• Kanto (Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard)

Votes: 94 34.2%
  • Johto (Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion)

Votes: 67 24.4%
  • Hoenn (Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken)

Votes: 53 19.3%
  • Sinnoh (Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape)

Votes: 48 17.5%
  • Unova (Tepig, Pignite, Emboar)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Kalos (Fennekin, Braixen, Delphox)

Votes: 10 3.6%

• Total voters

Envoy

Formerly GTT
Reaction score
Well, I already did one for the Grass starters so I think I'll extend the courtesy to the other starter types as well.

Same thing as the Grass starter thread. Which is the best Fire starter? Which is the worst? Which is your favorite? Which is your least favorite? Why?

I'm pretty positive my favorite is Torchic, though I'd equally as much love to have a Charmander and evolve it to a Charizard.
I guess that leaves Chimchar as my least favorite. No particular reason I guess. Maybe it could be influenced by my dislike for most Sinnoh Pokemon, or just personal preference.

What, no poll?...shucks... :D

Infernape FTW! It's a butt-kicking fire monkey!

Close, very very very close second, is Charizard...'cause he's... Charziard. The fire-breathing-dragon-which isn't-really-a-dragon of the franchise.

What, no poll?...shucks... :D

Infernape FTW! It's a butt-kicking fire monkey!

Close, very very very close second, is Charizard...'cause he's... Charziard. The fire-breathing-dragon-which isn't-really-a-dragon of the franchise.

There's a poll

Hm... I like Charmander a lot, and Charizard is still beastly after all these generations. I like Chimchar though, and Infernape is also awesome. I guess I'll go with Charizard, just because he can fly.

Hm... I like Charmander a lot, and Charizard is still beastly after all these generations. I like Torchic though, and Blaziken is also awesome. I guess I'll go with Charizard, just because he can fly.
Fixed.

Charizard is the best. Blaziken comes in second. Infernape 3rd.
Don't know about Typhlosion as I've never used it. Ofcourse that will be solved once I get HeartGold.

Lol, looks like everyone voted for his favourite instead of the best, since infernape would obviously win. But I still consider Blaziken better because of the higher attack (infernape's dead in a trick room).

I like Cyndaquil and Quilava, so yeah!

Last edited:
Infernape completely owns all of these. Stone Edge Charizard, Earthquake Typhlosion and Blaziken.

Charmander line, hands down. Why? Because Charizard is awesome. Do I have to explain why it's awesome? It's just AWESOME. If you look up "Awesome" in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of Charizard. That's how awesome it is.

Infernape's cool too.

Well, while Charizard is easily my favorite stage of any of the starters, Torchic is my favorite fire starter. Probably just because it's so adorable and I love cute Pokemon. :3 But Charmander would be a close second, because it's also cute and it evolves into frickin' Charizard.

it a hard pick between charmander & chimchar

i choose chimchar because i like fighting types & he is better than torchic & cindaquil(in my opinion)

then charmander it not about favorits charmander is just one of or the best fier types (if he aint your 1st pick he's your 2nd)

next it a draw between cindaquil & torchic even though in battle i would go with torchic 6/10 between the two

in all chimchar is # 1

Well, I'm not so sure. Charizard and Typhlosion are both dear to me, and rather good (especially Charizard and his flying) but the fighters have also been a major help in the bast and frankly, they are good.

So, I'm going with Tony.

I really like the cyndaquil line, especially Typhlosion. I'm not sure why it just looks good I guess. With Generation 4 its appeal increased for me as it gained some of the more uncommon Fire type move such as Eruption.

If I had to choose a least favourite its the Chimchar line. I'm sorry but I just don't like apes...or monkeys.

If it was about which one is the strongest, there wouldn't be a poll. It is obviously Infernape. Choose your favourite, not the strongest.

For me, it doesn't matter. Infernape is incredibly cool.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom