• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Zelda game?

What's your favourite Zelda game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

XD375

Shane
Reaction score
In your opinion, what is your favourite Zelda game? Mine's Majora's Mask.

Not only was this my first Zelda game (upon seeing a commercial for Ocarina of Time and wanting it for a couple years and ending up getting this instead when it came out due to a very happy mistake made by my grandparents), but I really enjoyed the three-day cycle and the interaction with the different characters, and the ability to replay the cycle over and over. I've had the same save game for years and years and it still keeps me coming back; it has the highest replay value of any Zelda game, in my opinion.

Also, Majora's Mask boasts a large amount of playable forms, allowing you to play as a member of the Deku, Goron, or Zora tribes as well as two different human forms of Link (Young Link and the demonic Oni Link), although you need a hacking device or a glitch to play as Oni Link outside of boss fights, as playing as him will result in numerous glitches. You can also control Kafei as part of a sidequest, but I don't think this counts as he does nothing but walks around.

I also LOVE Termina. The music, the people, the places... It's all awesome! It's probably one of my favourite parts of the game, although I think I've already explained myself.

I could go on about reasons that this is among my favourite games of all time, but I think I've stated enough.

I also really enjoyed Ocarina of Time, the Oracles, Link's Awakening (DX), A Link to the Past, and I want to play more of The Minish Cap as it seems really good.

I have mixed feelings for The Wind Waker and to be honest I am not too fond of the NES classics. :/

I haven't played much of Phantom Hourglass, not that it'd matter as my hand was in the way the whole time I tried to play. :p

Honestly, I have not spent very much time with Twilight Princess. I'm sure I'll add that to my list of Zelda games I love when I finally end up being able to afford it.

Last edited:
Link to the Past, without a doubt.

I really like Twilight Princess too, though.

Link's Awakening is my most favorite, mostly because it had a sense of mysteriousness about it. I also love Twilight Princess, and a lot of it had to do with the Ilia/Link element. I also loved the way it progressed as a story, and not to mention the fact that Midna was a totally awesome character.
I also think that Ocarina of Time is pure awesomeness, and arguably one of the best N64 games ever. And I had a lot of fun with Minish Cap and Oracle of Ages/Seasons, as well.
I wasn't as thrilled with Wind Waker though for some reason. :/
I mean, it is a great game, but I guess it just didn't enthrall me as much as some of the other titles did.

Agreeing with XD375
Majora's Mask is not only my absolute favorite Zelda game but it's my favorite videogame of all time. It has replay value to the point where you dont even have to restart the file to get it. Termina field is arguably my favorite place in the game because there's just so much to do there and it's so rich and chock full of things to do.
The graphics are so bright and colorful. I actually got a rom and got the textures I loved them so much and on Google sketchup, I'm working on a map-accurate Clock Town
The 3 day system makes this game really interesting and AnjuxKafei is awesome

As I type this, I'm working on a Majora's Mask doujinshi.

Link's Awakening DX, my first Zelda game irc.

It was goofy, funny, and didn't take itself too seriously which I really liked. Plus, the game had some neat items, great music (I love the Windfish Theme), and bizarre cameos (including Wart, Kirby, Goombas, and even Prince Richard).

I Personally like Majora's Mask most with Oracle of Seasons being second.

I've played like a total of four Legend of Zelda games, so I don't have much experience, but out the ones I have played, Ocarina of Time leaves them in the dust. Ocarina of Time is one of my favorite games of all time, but I've never played Majora's Mask (I started it, but I only played for about five minutes. I borrowed it for my friend, so I couldn't play it for very long)

Oooh, Minish Cap! It's such a cute little game, and I've replayed it the most times. I have a thing for collecting every little thing possible, so it keeps me occupied.

...And there's Vaati. Vaati = automatic win.

Majora's Mask is a close second though.

Agreeing with the current majority and saying Majora's Mask. It had the best story in my opinion, and had very memorable NPCs. The ability to play as four (arguably five) different characters helped as well.

I played through Majora's Mask twice, and I have to say the terrific story and many sidequests made it a lot of fun both times.

I really like both Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess(which i voted for). Majora's Mask was pretty good. I just wish it had more bosses.

I'd say Twilight Princess, but the manditory fishing is killing me. I still haven't caught that damn reek fish, though Lure fishing is easy.

Ocarina of Time for me.

I'd say Twilight Princess, but the manditory fishing is killing me. I still haven't caught that damn reek fish, though Lure fishing is easy.

Ocarina of Time for me.

Ha! I don't want to laugh but why is it so hard for you? Do you know where to to look?

Ha! I don't want to laugh but why is it so hard for you? Do you know where to to look?
Yes, and they just stair at my earing hook......

I don't know why I can't just swim in and catch them with a hook shot.

For me, it's a tie between Ocarina of Time and Phantom Hourglass. The music in both are beautiful and the story and gameplay are spectacular.

This is a really hard decision for me! I love both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. The thing about Majora's Mask though is it's not as centralized as OoT. What I mean by that is OoT everything happened in a certain order where in MM there was that time difference which mixed up the game a little bit. Plus in MM I liked the land layout better and I liked how you could battle bosses and temples again and again. But I still had to say OoT because it was my first Zelda game ever!

So hard to choose. I went with Link to the Past, it was just the most complete for me. Ocarina's still awesome but I've played it so much that it's lost the magic, and I'd probably rate it worst as far as soundtracks go. Majora was amazing as well, great music, great gameplay, great everything. I just wish it was longer. Wind Waker also amazing, love the soundtrack and the gameplay, but the sailing... Phantom Hourglass was also super awesome, loved the characters. Currently replaying Twilight Princess, it's got my favorite soundtrack hands down, and the best characters, but I found it to be too easy. Link to the Past is the most challenging for me, so I love it for that, plus it laid down the foundations for the games to come, so I give it massive props. And nothing beats the Hyrule Castle theme.

I went with Link to the Past, mostly because it was the first Zelda game that I played.

Wind Waker for the win. The style truly merged anime with the gameplay. Did you see the emotions (except for Link's suprised animation that lasted a milisecond before fading away). The part where Valoo lights Ganon's fortress on fire? That was AMAZING.

It was also the first Zelda game to TRULY and WHOLEHEARTEDLY focus on the story. Sure, MM had that great story, but it was more focused on the masks, and the three days thing had you on edge, not really letting you enjoy the story.

Also, Toon Link owns in Brawl.

In second is Ocarina of Time for me, for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom