• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black 2 & White 2 Speculation Contest - Topic 5: What the heck happened to Unova?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the newest animated B2W2 trailer, we can see that the frozen part of Unova is really frozen and Game Freak is not covering spoilers. Also, we can see that we can go into the frozen cities, although I doubt that anyone would be there.

[video=youtube;lwhnt4ytE3k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lwhnt4ytE3k[/video]

Also, I guess that in BW, after the main character and N captured Reshiram and Zekrom, they enraged Kyurem and so Kyurem froze off the Northeast part of Unova, starting from Giant Chasm. Then, the new villain team plans to enrage Kyurem even more and froze off the entire Unova. Luckily, the main character in B2W2 figures out their plans and he start off his journey to find the main character in BW and N. After adventures in the frozen part of Unova, the main player discovers that the player in BW has also been frozen, so the main character in B2W2 starts to find N. He asks some people in team Plasma for clues, and at last he finds N. Depending on which game you are playing, N will hold Reshiram in W2 and he will hold Zekrom in B2. Then you need to defeat N and so he brings Reshiram or Zekrom to giant chasm, in which the new villain appears and there will be an intense double battle. But suddenly White or Black Kyurem is enraged and you have to capture it. After calming it, all parts of Unova became unfrozen, and you can proceed to Pokemon League. As for other frozen locations in B2W2, for example, Icirrus city, the gym has closed up or changed into another building. At last, you can go back to Nuvema town and have a battle with the BW main character and his Reshiram or Zekrom.

From the newest animated B2W2 trailer, we can see that the frozen part of Unova is really frozen and Game Freak is not covering spoilers. Also, we can see that we can go into the frozen cities, although I doubt that anyone would be there.

[video=youtube;lwhnt4ytE3k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lwhnt4ytE3k[/video]

Also, I guess that in BW, after the main character and N captured Reshiram and Zekrom, they enraged Kyurem and so Kyurem froze off the Northeast part of Unova, starting from Giant Chasm. Then, the new villain team plans to enrage Kyurem even more and froze off the entire Unova. Luckily, the main character in B2W2 figures out their plans and he start off his journey to find the main character in BW and N. After adventures in the frozen part of Unova, the main player discovers that the player in BW has also been frozen, so the main character in B2W2 starts to find N. He asks some people in team Plasma for clues, and at last he finds N. Depending on which game you are playing, N will hold Reshiram in W2 and he will hold Zekrom in B2. Then you need to defeat N and so he brings Reshiram or Zekrom to giant chasm, in which the new villain appears and there will be an intense double battle. But suddenly White or Black Kyurem is enraged and you have to capture it. After calming it, all parts of Unova became unfrozen, and you can proceed to Pokemon League. As for other frozen locations in B2W2, for example, Icirrus city, the gym has closed up or changed into another building. At last, you can go back to Nuvema town and have a battle with the BW main character and his Reshiram or Zekrom.

My own theory is that N's dissappearance and the ice covering Unova are somehow related. I present as evidence the fact that the trailer opens up showing N and the shadow of his dragon, signifying that they have some significant role in the games other than just having mysteriously vanished. If they were going to stay missing for the entire game, the trailer designers wouldn't have had any reason to feature them so prominently in the beginning of the trailer (unless they like to troll us).

Now, since we don't have any information on the causes of either the ice covering Unova or N's disappearance (unless I'm wrong and some evidence has surfaced that I don't know about; we should know a lot more once the Japanese text in the trailer is translated), so there is no proof that they are related, yet alone whether or not N and his dragon directly caused the "climate change," or are merely victims of it. (Personally, since both fire and electricity are strong against ice -- if my memory serves, that is -- then I seriously doubt N is gonna sit on his duff and be a victim... but, then, this is the same N everyone makes fun of for being a whiner in memes, so I don't know. I haven't bought Pokemon White yet, so obviously I haven't played it.) But I will be watching relentlessly for clues as to how N's fate ties in with Unova's. (Despite neither playing the new games nor yet watching the new anime, I've discovered I have a soft spot for N, since he treats Pokemon like friends and can TALK to them and understand what they say back... I wish I could do that with our family's pets.)

Also, I guess that in BW, after the main character and N captured Reshiram and Zekrom, they enraged Kyurem and so Kyurem froze off the Northeast part of Unova, starting from Giant Chasm.

The question here is, why would Kyurem have been enraged? Reshiram and Zekrom had, for all intents and purposes, been dead ever since the event with the Twin Heroes' sons and were brought back by N and the PC. Furthermore, N's dragon chose N, he did not need to capture it. Similarly, the PC's dragon engaged him/her in battle, but it was because the dragon chose the PC.

Then, the new villain team plans to enrage Kyurem even more and froze off the entire Unova. Luckily, the main character in B2W2 figures out their plans and he start off his journey to find the main character in BW and N.

For what purpose? I've heard someone theorize its to drive humans off so the region will belong to Pokemon, but that's ignoring the fact that humans are this successful because we have the technology to adapt the environment to us, or the more obvious "not all Pokemon can live in a tundra". Based on that trailer, I believe the region being frozen is simply a side effect of whatever the Shadow Triad and Team Plasma are planning, and not necessarily an intended outcome (we see a Shadow Triad member with some sort of capsule, saying their mission is complete).

Something that just occured to me is: the ice is most certainly real, but how do we know there AREN'T any spoilers under it? After all, a few things have changed in the non-icy areas, so who knows what awaits under the ice itself?

I'm looking forward to the changes, but first I have to finish up that last gym badge in HeartGold so I can letigimately buy Pokemon White without feeling guilty. (Darn you Blue. Your Gym makes me dizzy!)

It seems as though Kyurem was angered and started covering the region in ice but stopped for a reason unknown, maybe N stopped it with reshiram, because in the game preview reshiram's shadow flys over N. Black Kyurem And white kyurem could be kyurem trying to defeat reshiram.

Kyurem decided to take it's revenge on people for putting it in a cave.

initially,maybe prior of the start of the game,Ghetsis will somehow capture and/or enrage kyurem(possibly akuroma is involved), causing it to freeze unova(explains the reason Kyurem is with Ghetsis when he meets with N).

unfortunately,it may just be a way to hide the changes in these areas...... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom