• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Blastoise vs Torterra

Envoy

Formerly GTT
Reaction score
Blastoise vs Torterra

blastoise.png
VS
torterra.png

Battle of the turtle Starters (or are they toroises?) Anyway,

Kanto Water Starter vs Sinnoh Grass Starter. On the one hand, Blastoise is the original. On the other, Torterra has a unique type combination. Blastoise has freakin' CANNONS IN IT'S SHELL, but Torterra has AN ISLAND. Blastoise can defeat Torterra with Ice Beam, but Torterra can defeat Blastoise with STAB Grass attacks. So,

Who do you like better?

Who's more useful?

Who'd win in a battle?

I can't choose between them, so I'm just gonna cheat and pick 'em both. They're both too awesome for words anyway.

Blastoise for sure. Anyone else see the cannons? lol I always prefered Blastoise to the other Gen 1 starters, and they were my favorite, AND torterra is hideous. So yeah, Blastoise lol.

They are both so awesome
While obviously Torterra would win
I couldn't bring myself to vote for either :(

I have never liked Blastoise. Torterra is my favourite Sinnoh starter. My choice is obvious.

Both are awesome; Blastoise looks cooler, but Torterra's design is more intuitive and interesting. Both have been very useful to me in battle...

I'll go with Blastoise, just because I'm also a big fan of its pre-evos, while Turtwig and Grotle are just... eh.

Both are my favorite starter from their own generation and together they are probably my two most favorite starter ever. Blastoise was my very first favorite Pokémon, so my heart bleeds now cause I had to vote Torterra. Torterra is simply amazing, its design is really lovely and it's more interesting looking than Blastoise. But anyway I love these turtles!

Underrated Turtle FTW! In other words... I went with Torterra over Mr.Overrated Cannon Shell. (Don't get me wrong... I DO like Blastoise... Just not as much.)

Who do you like better?
Torterra all the way. :-D

Who's more useful?
Torterra due it's double typing.

Who'd win in a battle?
Depends, but I'll say Torterra because I like it better.

Well, that was easy, again. Torterra is easily one my favorite Sinnoh starters along with Empoleon on second place. It's design is unique and it's power is incredible. ;-)

Who do you like better? Both, but leaning towards Torterra because of the landscape on its shell.

Who's more useful? Torterra

Who'd win in a battle? Torterra (advantage over Blastoise)

I cheated and picked both - they're both in UU and really awesome. I plan on getting a Squirtle in my SoulSilver and making it a Rapidspinner, and I started Platinum with Turtwig. :D

Blastoise. He has nostalgic values, as well as a water typing.

Blastoise is awesome sauce. It has lasers cannons for crying out loud.

*whistles* Pretty evenly matched, I'd say.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom