• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbacast 8 Preview and Review Thread

TSS_Killer

The (6) Train BCCS Owner
Reaction score
Bulbacast Episode 8 will be recorded at 10PM EST (2AM GMT). If you want to be a call in, please post in this thread. Once again, <a href="irc://irc.dejatoons.net/bulbacast">[HASHTAG]#bulbacast[/HASHTAG] @ irc.dejatoons.net</a> will open one hour prior to recording (at 9PM EST).

Last edited:
Well, like always, I'm available if you really need another call-in (and have no one else).

However, if I don't have a question, it would be kinda pointless......

So, anyway, I will think of some sort of question ahead of time, just in case I'm called upon.

BC8 is cancelled. It will take place next saturday, same bulba time, same bulba channel. Thank you.

Well I haven't done one of my epic review posts for Bulbacast in awhile, so here it goes. I think Bulbacast is getting better every week and the production quality and sound quality seems to be getting better. Good job. You also seem to be getting better at taking turns, though the obvious voice overlapping is still apparent. If I wasn't such a poor public speaker and so shy, I would be a callin as well. I have always been better writing my thoughts out though.

Apparently I was the guinea pig for the Bulbacast 'April Fools' edition last night. /me 'destructificates' Archaic! "Bulbacast - Special Edition ォThat's right, it's not an April Fools, a special Bulbacast episode will be released within the next few hours, with BREAKING, EXCLUSIVE NEWS on Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, and other happenings in Japan." You brainwashed me to the point that I didn't catch any of the hints that it really was an April fools day joke. I'll plug the #pm April Fools Parody sub here as well. From the feedback on the thread http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?p=227224 people seemed to like it. I still hope porygon3 will be available in Pearl and Diamond. I am also glad that there is no crossbreeding as well. LUCKLY, there won't be any hot Wailord/Skitty action and THAT is all I am going to talk about on that subject........

Argy callin: I do have to agree with Pie, the dub changing the voice actors is a bad move. I started watching the pokemon when the dub started airing in North America. Though I haven't watched it as much since I have been able to get access to the Japanese episodes, James and Brock's voice can NEVER be replaced! oh and Meowth too. Eric Stuart cannot be replaced!! Those are my favorite dub voices. I absolutely HATE May and Max's voices. I remember seeing the threads complaining about their voices when they had the first Pokemon Advanced preview on KidsWB. So perhaps these voice changes will actually be good for some of the characters. TSS, deleting the episode after only watching 2 minutes isn't really productive. I am personally hoping its a good episode as it has the potential to be better then the Dexoys AG speical airing mid-April. If they replace these actor, I think I'll cry. :( I've been watching this show since I was 16 and it will always be one of my favourite shows. If it was a legitimate reason for changing the voice actors, like how Megumi Hayashibara was on maternity leave, then I would accept it.

Hobbes2222 callin: AG169-170: I though the whole idea of not calling out the attacks was probably the main reason Satoshi lost the battle in AG169. He's so used to knowing before the attack, which attack is going to be used, that he didn't have any time to react. It was nice to see him lose a battle for once. Satoshi has had a bad record against Kadabra and psychic pokemon in general. As PPN said, they are the most powerful pokemon in the game and they are trying to show that in the anime with Kadabra, Mew and Mewtwo, which by the way, I try to get those 3 pokemon when I'm playing the GBA games for that reason.

As for the shipping, the first like 15 minutes of AG170 was basically the Satoshi/Lila flurt show. The water splashing and swimming, come on, why didn't he flurt with Misty!?!? GRRR.. Are the writers trying to implement some kind of GF/BF relationships into the anime now? First Takeshi/Azumi and now Satoshi/Lila. The last time I remember them actually making a point about BF/GF relationships was the Raikou special with Kenta/Marina. PPN, "Ash will get Misty." I sure hope so, I hope they bring back Misty into the series. I don't like the cameo appearances! "One day in 27 years, Ash will hit puberty. OMG, Misty was a girl!." ROFL. That was by favourite line in the whole cast! Archaic... Misty... Token Female!?!?! BAH! She had more character building episodes dedicated to her then Brock, May and especially Max. If you want disposable characters, get rid of Max and bring back Misty! May and Misty in the group would definately make the shows A LOT more interesting!

Pie "One grand competition to rule them all!" hah, I like that. Realistically though, I doubt the series will ever go that far. They will probably end the series with a flashfoward to Satoshi's future to show a few things that he will end up doing. TSS said approximately 700 episodes. That seems realistic as Pokemon in general is looking popularity and the anime cannot go on forever. It is already one of the longest running animes out there.

I thought I heard glass break when Pikachu blew out the lights too, so I also wondered how the lights came back on. There were a few other things that bugged me during that battle. How can he recall his pokemon and then send it back out?!

NintendoTheatre callin: Wow, this was the NintendoTheater/Pie conversation! No one else got a turn lol. I never heard this about this whole Battle Tower being close to Pewter Gym. I would have been nice if the anime still did the map thing during the episode title like they did in the earlier AG episodes. This would definately help solve this problem. I certainly didn't hear anything about a mobile (tower/pyramid). Though sppf is known for outlandish rumours. "Get rid of May." Hell yah!

As for the pyramid team, I doubt we will see Charizard again. He's already been showcased, though it would be nice. Muk would definately be a high possibility. I would love to see totodile too!!

Maverynthia callin: I have been playing Pokemon Ranger and Emerald recently and one of the things I noticed in Pokemon Emerald was the fact that there was 'Pokemon Rangers' that you could battle in routes 120-122. So the Rangers have been around since at least Pokemon Emerald, I cannot place any other instances of Ranger. I personally like the idea of Pokemon Rangers and I hope they continue to use them on and off throughout the new games and anime series. PPN "Maybe May will become the Ranger and will get rid of her that way." LOL, I wish. May's whole purpose is to be the sex idol for little boys watching the series and I find that annoying. That whole Movie 8 scene in the bathing suit just proves my point. Max would actually make the best Pokemon Ranger as you guys discussed.

Last edited:
this was a very productive and fun episode, focusing mainly on the callin questions and AG169 - AG170 episodes..

look for it's release in a day or 2.

Not to mention, this was a really fun episode to record, (for me anyway, I got to call-in)!

If your are interested in what might happen at the Battle Pyramid, check this out when its released.

I'm an AdvanceShipper, so I'll make this short.

AG-072: The Bicker the Better
AG-073: Grass Hysteria
AG-074: Hokey Pokeballs

That's all I need to say.

chaos said:
This is the first Bulbacast i've listened to. Do you guys write scripts and/or have a general format written down? I notice alot of stuttering and in one point a "shhhh."
nope we don't write scripts, but we do discuss what the topics we'll talk about will be. most of the time this is off the top of our heads, though i've been trying to get tss or archaic to write out an episode outline to help us keep on-track more.

NoDot said:
I'm an AdvanceShipper, so I'll make this short.

AG-072: The Bicker the Better
AG-073: Grass Hysteria
AG-074: Hokey Pokeballs

That's all I need to say.

If you want to go and put up some definitive descriptions of supposed AdvanceShipping hints in Shippers, go right ahead. For the record, I'm an AdvanceShipper myself (amongst other ships), I just think it has no chance whatsoever of happening, and has no evidence whatsoever.

chaos said:
This is the first Bulbacast i've listened to. Do you guys write scripts and/or have a general format written down? I notice alot of stuttering and in one point a "shhhh."

Haven't listened to the recording yet, but I do remember a "shhh" when I was on and I had to turn away from the microphone and laugh.

I do wish I would have given myself more notice before getting on. I decided my topic literally minutes before I was called, and thus, I was rambling off the top of my head. :p

Most of the casts are rambles off the top of one's head. That's generally a good thing, in my experience. It's good to prepare topics, but you have to be open to discuss things that come up in the cast that you weren't expecting, or which make points you hadn't considered beforehand.

My only problem with the editing - the transitions with music was good, but I think both TSS and Pie were cut off in the middle of stuff they were trying to say just as a call ended, so that was a bit jarring. It was sort of a, "That being said..." Wha?

I also agree that people let people finish their thoughts more, so it was a bit easier to process what was being said. You had some extremely funny moments. PPN's line about May becoming a Ranger and thus possibly getting rid of her cracks me up even now. I wish. :/ Then again, May would suck as a Ranger. I think Brock would work out well, and Max would do well too, once he's a bit more mature. I don't know if Ash would make a good Ranger, just because I can more readily recall Brock and Max caring for wild Pokemon and Brock is the one who generally knows about nature. Ash cares about Pokemon, yes, and especially his own, but I think he still lacks a certain maturity.

Even if Brock's been said to be a breeder, it's not as if he's done all that much in that vein. It could still be changed without much butchering of character if Rangers heal injured Pokemon. I'm not saying it will. In fact, I highly doubt it. But it could, in my opinion, and still be plausible to me. But what do I know? I don't even know what Rangers are really supposed to do.

Anyway, this has gotten somewhat off-topic. So yeah. My only complaint is Pie and TSS getting cut off in the process of editing. Otherwise, this was a fun episode to listen to and I wish episodes were always this long.

BTW, Archaic if you are there, thanks for the comment. I liked hearing that I was a good caller, it made me feel really good, not to mention I agree with your "annoying before he came on" comment because I agree I was.

Basically, thank for the compliment and i hope to be on another one soon.

I noticed in Pokemon Emerald was the fact that there was 'Pokemon Rangers' that you could battle in routes 120-122. So the Rangers have been around since at least Pokemon Emerald,

I see, I haven't gotten that far in Emerald...I didn't know they were back that far.

WOW Nintendo Theatre...you sig is..pretty HUGE!

They're in Ruby and Sapphire as well, (though in all versions they are found on Route 119.) The anime has also had rangers prior to the new specification, such as the ranger with the Mightyena in AG7.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom