• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Volcarona (it won't happen, its neither cute nor Gen 1)
I meant human characters
But they released a Volcarona plush recently
51h2vwNXGrL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

I feel... I feel like I was better off not knowing about Mega Cat Project.... I hated oversimplified cutesy cats ever since I was a kid lol but that's just me. Personal taste, ignore this.

I think not all characters' designs are suitable for this - if they hypothetically did release a line of Pokémon figures I believe they wouldn't go for human characters? Pretty sure we would get Pikachu...

This discussion is making me miss my cassette tape collection. XD

I think my mom got rid of 95% of them when we moved out of our house when I was 17. :(
Think of the silver lining. New artists have been releasing albums on cassette again. Now you can start an even better collection.

I found a retro radio at work with a CD and cassette player and the cassette player is busted. Very disappointing!

I have a few things I can use to listen to cassettes, I got some random portable cassette player from the early 2000s and I also have a stereo system setup that has a radio, two cassette decks, and a 3-disc CD player all in one unit.

And yet what I prefer to use to listen to my cassettes is this:
IMG20231129182559142.jpg

My Sharp QT-242 stereo radio cassette recorder from 1988, I believe (don't 100% know the year this was from because there's no date on it and the only thing I've ever found online with a more definitive date than '1980s' was one eBay listing - that I conveniently can't find anymore - that said '1988', although it might've been 1987 but I'm 95% confident it was 1988)

And everything I've tested on it still works totally fine: the radio still works, cassette playback works, all the buttons to fast forward, rewind, stop, etc. work, both speakers work. Only things I haven't tested yet are the recording functionality (because I don't have any blank cassettes to use) and if it will still work on battery power (I do not have six C-cell batteries), although considering there's no corrosion on the contacts, I can't imagine why it wouldn't work.

The oldest piece of tech I have where I definitively know the date of is my Sanyo TV from May 1982.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if my 8-track player is older than that, that's probably late 1970s.

(I'm not counting my musket from the 1840s here lol)

The oldest tech I have is that radio I mentioned. A coworker called it a fossil, so I said its vintage.

I love it because I despise music streaming.

In terms of old tech in my household, my family used to have an Atari 2600 before giving it to a collector...

My brother has a lot of random sound equipment I'm sure is way up there in age too

What is currently the oldest gaming console ever?

In terms of home consoles I believe that would be the Magnavox Odyssey, released in 1972

Though, if we're talking about the first to use interchangeable cartridges, that would be the Fairchild Channel F in 1976

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom