• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

I wonder how many people use Firefox over chrome.
luckily we have web browser market share

if you don't feel like clicking the link, across all platforms (so desktop + tablet + mobile), chrome was 64.38% marketshare to firefox's 3.3%; on desktop it's chrome 64.8% vs firefox 7.58%, on mobile it's chrome 64.8% vs firefox 0.5% (seriously), and tablet doesn't have firefox listed at all (wouldn't be surprised if the amount of people who use firefox on tablets is so low, they just lump it together with all the miscellaneous browsers people might use on tablets like amazon's silk browser or whatever)

I only used edge on my laptop cause i was too lazy to install chrome, on my PC i may switch to Opera GX cause the reducing RAM usage may be useful when recording YouTube videos/streaming

Me: Microsoft let me uninstall edge.

Microsoft: NO. YOU CAN'T. ALSO PLEASE SET IT AS YOUR DEFAULT BROWSER PLEASE.

Me: Linux let me uninstall the bootloader

Linux: your computer will break

Me: sudo Linux let me uninstall the bootloader

Linux: ok sure lol

@Princess Viola
Sudo is by far my favorite terminal command ever, haha.

(For the uninitiated, it's pretty much the "fuck you, I can do whatever the hell I want" command in UNIX and UNIX-like systems like macOS. It's the stuff of hackers' dreams, allowing you to pretty much do, well... whatever the hell you want, basically. So long as you're the one using that command and not, say, someone on another PC thousands of miles away, it's glorious!)

sudo rm -rf /*

(for the record if anyone of y'all decide to switch to linux and someone tells you to enter that command into the terminal don't. it deletes your home directory (like deleting your user folder in windows))

Yesterday, I found out Edge has a game for when you're offline?! I knew about the dinosaur jump in chrome, but I had no idea there's such a thing as "Edge surf" :confused:

Anyway, how is everyone's week so far? It's O.K. for me, I get to go for a walks a lot thanks to my dog, so that's a nice change from doing just school work all the time..

@Princess Viola
Sudo is by far my favorite terminal command ever, haha.

(For the uninitiated, it's pretty much the "fuck you, I can do whatever the hell I want" command in UNIX and UNIX-like systems like macOS. It's the stuff of hackers' dreams, allowing you to pretty much do, well... whatever the hell you want, basically. So long as you're the one using that command and not, say, someone on another PC thousands of miles away, it's glorious!)

sudo rm -rf /*

(for the record if anyone of y'all decide to switch to linux and someone tells you to enter that command into the terminal don't. it deletes your home directory (like deleting your user folder in windows))

This incident will be reported. (For those who get it :p)

Anyways, this week is going smoothly aside from work issues. But at least I have a three day weekend coming up and I am not on family on-call! So weee!

I just remembered back when I was originally active on here, a friend from here wanted to make her own forum, so I helped her out with it (it was on one of those free forum hosting websites, ofc) and I was an admin on the site. And like one of the rules I'd created for the forum (yeah she put me, at the age of 13 basically, in charge of creating the rules, tbf she was around the same age IIRC) was 'if a mod or admin tells you to drop a topic - drop it' and after a little while after the forums launched, while I don't exactly remember the context 100%, I ended up telling another admin to drop some topic they kept trying to argue with me about or something but they didn't. So I just gave them a warning for not listening.

And then they responded by fucking deleting my entire goddamn account lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Anyway, how is everyone's week so far?
A somewhat uneventful week for me so far. Valentine's Day went about how you'd expect it went for a single, romantically-minded person like myself (even as I simultaneously haven't actually been interested in a relationship for a very, very long time now, haha), but at least I got this out of it all:
Cupcakes! Red velvet on the left and vanilla on the right.

The week’s off to a good start for me.
Thought of an idea for my stories that’ll be posted in my blog, and drew a piece of fan art featuring Duplica!
Oh yeah, I also had a quiet afternoon without any parents to bother me.

Meanwhile this week started out good (went to the comic book store and got the things I needed to get there + I found a Japanese-exclusive Transformers figure loose for $40, a Scorbunny model kit, and some Robotech comics) and yeah well if you read what I said in the vent thread, grandpa's gone back to the hospital.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

It’s been a pretty good week for me. Nice and uneventful, aside from helping my dad install a new front door.

Inspired by the Anime pet peeves thread, I’d like to create a thread about (non-Fan) Fiction pet peeves (non-manga and non-anime).

Does it already exist? If yes but this one is years old, can I still post in it?

Inspired by the Anime pet peeves thread, I’d like to create a thread about (non-Fan) Fiction pet peeves (non-manga and non-anime).
The search tool is your friend in cases like these!! That being said, we don't have any threads for non-fanfic pet peeves around here, so if you'd like to make one, why not try it out?

Does it already exist? If yes but this one is years old, can I still post in it?
I guess it kind of just depends! If a thread is from like... 2014 or so (i/e pretty old) then you would be completely fine to make a new one, but if it's from only a few years ago, you might want to ask us (staff members) in the future? Hopefully this helps!

What's cool is buying a comic book collection (as in 'a collection of multiple comics in one book' and not like an actual comic book collection) but then learning that the later issues have not been collected yet so I'd have to read them illegally online or find old ass copies of these comics from the 1980s because this collection is the first time that these issues have been collected like this lol.

Back
Top Bottom