• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia Bulbagarden Survivor: Paldea - Minish wins

Jurors, It's time to read everyone's speeches! You may use the thread to ask the finalists questions about their gameplay. Finalists you'll also answer in the thread.

Heyy, ExLight here

I'm not the best with words, so not really sure what to say here. I'd like to win, but honestly I'd be fine with any of the three players in the finals winning. They are people I consider to be close friends and were my first alliance, so I just promised to stay loyal to them for as long as I could. Sorry if I had to prioritize them (and my OG tribe, also tried my best to keep them around as long as possible) over anybody at some points.

I do think I deserve to win due to playing a strong role as both a strategist and as a leader throughout the whole thing. I also tried to stay as loyal as possible to most alliances too, despite of what Zexy might say think (except for mehmeh, sorry bud).

Anyway, regardless of the result I'm just glad I got to play this amazing game with everyone!!! Y'all made it a very wonderful experience and hopefully I'll still play more stuff with you.
:bulbaLove:
Hello fellow tribemates. You all face a tough decision and I don't envy your positions. While the other two sitting here beside me in the final tribal have played good games, I'm going to lay out why mine was better. In the touchy subjects challenge, I was voted as one of the most trustworthy and as one of the people who was least aware of what was going on in the game. After I saw that, I decided to use those opinions to my advantage. It is true that before that I hadn't reached out to many people or had many reach out to me. Though I was part of a large alliance that consisted of the original East Province tribe, and learned all info through them. At one point that alliance talked of voting Midori out. This was before the Zexy vote. I went to Midori and told her there were talks of possibly getting her out. I wanted to build a bit of trust there. I told the alliance I would rather vote Zexy and Zexy ended up being voted out. The next round, I again went back to Midori. I told her I wanted to vote Toast because I was afraid of Ex or Raven having immunity and I thought Jamie could compete with DW in immunity if it came to it. I of course knew that neither Ex nor Raven had immunity, as I was in an even closer alliance with the two of them. I told the OG East Province alliance I was going to vote Toast to look like I was with the other side. I knew that Midori was being voted there (though in all honesty to you Midori, I didn't want to vote you because I enjoy playing games with you).

After that, voting with Midori caused DW to approach me. He wanted to vote together since he believed the others to be united. This was my plan, in that I wanted to be a part of both sides so that I was in a good position and unlikely to be voted out. That next vote I actually used a double vote I had won from the auction. I voted once on DW, and used the second vote to vote for Jamie. I didn't even tell my OG tribe what I was doing until after the fact. I was worried that DW may have a hidden immunity idol, and wanted to control the votes if that were the case. Which ended up happening. Doing this allowed me to save Raven, who was one of my closer alliance mates. It also allowed me to claim the vote on Jamie, but leave the other DW vote a mystery, so that DW still thought I was with them.

After that, I continued to vote with DW knowing that he would be voted out that tribal anyway. I didn't want it to be a complete wash with the votes though.

With the final immunity challenge, I wanted to secure my victory. So I went through all 52 rounds of the card game to make sure I racked up a ton of points. Doing so assured my win and that of my close alliance in the finale.

I know I double-crossed a few of you. And I did feel bad about that. But I felt I needed to put myself in a winning position, and that was the best way to do so. I actively strategized to have a resume of big plays in this game instead of just solely relying on a large alliance. If it weren't for me, Raven at least would not be sitting here still. So who knows what this finale would look like. But I worked to make it with the two people I wanted in the finale with me.

Thanks for listening to my pitch. Good luck with
your votes.
Hello everyone!
You may ask yourself now „Why the heck should I vote Raven, he's a backstabbing snake!“ and quite frankly... This is true.
However, this does not mean that I'm illoyal - quite the opposite in fact. As soon as the game started, I claimed loyalty for the alliance ExLight, Minish, RavenRaziel98, then the East Province Tribe.
I was loyal to the EPT until there was no other option than to lynch within this group. Once that state was achieved, I kept being loyal to the alliance that everything was based on.
To all the others, I was never loyal to begin with.
„And why the hell are you telling us this?“
It's simple. Imo a game of Survivor should always have 3 things... Solid Alliances. Backstabbing. Tactic/Strategy.
Otherwise it would be nothing but a standard game show.
I delivered on all these things.
I built alliances (and even majority alliances within these alliances).
I stabbed people in the back mercilessly to enforce my plans.
I played strategically, building/joining alliances just to observe other players leak data to the EPT and tried to tactically coordinate actions and votes.
I did my best to make this game entertaining and feel like a real Survivor game.

Also I was probably the most chaotic one and chaos is always great XD

I guess that's all I want to say, thank you for your time everyone :)

View attachment 172902

You have until August 3, 7:00 PM EDT to ask and answer questions. This is also the jurors' deadline to vote for a winner. Votes will be cast in confessionals.

What one thing in this game would you do differently?

Addressed to all three.

I would have reached out more in the beginning. I stuck mostly to the OG East Province alliance and felt like I relied on them too much. It would have been nice to talk to everyone a bit and see where their heads were at so I was more aware of the larger game state.

I don't really think anyone was a thorn in my side social game wise. I felt I was in a good position. Though gameplay wise I would say Dawning. He was too good at comps and I knew with him around I had a severe less chance of winning stuff.

I'd say aligning with Ex and Raven d1 and keeping the OG East Province tribe alliance strong. That allowed me to be with the numbers even when I couldn't win immunity. I knew as long as we could keep the numbers that I would be in a good spot.

What one thing in this game would you do differently?

Addressed to all three.
All my decisions led me to where I am now, so probably nothing.

Who was a person in the game who was a thorn in your side?
also addressed to all three
While Zexy was more noisy, Dawning always felt like a major threat. I always felt if anyone could come up with something that could derail my plans it would be him.
And in a way I was right, he did manage to take Jamie down with a very well timed play.

A question to all 3
What was the biggest factor that you felt brought you into the final?
Trust.

If you were not in the final 3, who would you want/think deserves to win?

Dawning always felt like a major threat. I always felt if anyone could come up with something that could derail my plans it would be him.
And in a way I was right, he did manage to take Jamie down with a very well timed play.
To Ex only:

Don't you mind that Minish apparently betrayed you by allying with Dawning (and Mido) for a while?

To Ex only:

Don't you mind that Minish apparently betrayed you by allying with Dawning (and Mido) for a while?
I feel like she played a bit of double agent because she wanted to guarantee she was gonna on the good side of the jury in this phase, but I think it's pretty clear by now that she never betrayed us.

I feel like she played a bit of double agent because she wanted to guarantee she was gonna on the good side of the jury in this phase, but I think it's pretty clear by now that she never betrayed us.
Doesn't that count as betrayal anyway? She did set you up in a way that makes her look better in the top 3, so that even though you 3 all survived, you 2 look worse than her because of what she did. Doesn't this mean she has a better game than you 2, who made the mistake of not caring about playing nice to the jurors at all?

Doesn't that count as betrayal anyway? She did set you up in a way that makes her look better in the top 3, so that even though you 3 all survived, you 2 look worse than her because of what she did. Doesn't this mean she has a better game than you 2, who made the mistake of not caring about playing nice to the jurors at all?
You tell me. Why exactly would her voting with Mint and Dawning mean anything if she was fully aware it wouldn't matter?

So I'm not exactly sure why you're seeing her "alliances" as caring. Whether you want to feel moved by those placebos votes or see it as a appeal to emotion is up to y'all only.

I was pretty clear: I felt bad voting friends out, but I had to stand my ground and make it clear that I was with the opposition people had to crush if they wanted to win. Am I the evil guy for being honest about it?

Raven and Minish are the ones that snuck into your alliances and undermined it from within. It's just another playstyle. Now you have the chance to step back and tell me which one is the more deserving strategy.

Question for all: With us being the ones who choose who wins do you guys regret any of your betrayals?
Wish you had stayed a bit longer.
And it felt bad having to face off against toast.
But I wouldn't call any of them regret necessarily.

Question to Raven/Minish:

What exactly happened in the end with the 2-2 votes on Ex/toast? If you were indeed a power trio as you claim, why weren't the votes 3-1?

Back
Top Bottom