• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden webmaster interviewed in Australian magazine: Archaic discusses history o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bulbagarden webmaster interviewed in Australian magazine: Archaic discusses histo

Maybe, but Archiac has worked hard to get this forum where it is now, he deserves being known.

Last edited:
Re: Bulbagarden webmaster interviewed in Australian magazine: Archaic discusses histo

I don't know about the shamless part but its definitely not 'self' promotion.

And Archaic doesn't really go about boasting about himself so I don't see any problem.

Archaic, can you tell us the general topics about what was discussed? Was it just the games or did you discuss the anime, TCG, etc?

In regards to the anime, did you explain how long its been going on and how much has changed?

Erm, this is a bit of shameful self promotion. I've been interviewed for and written for countless magazines and I don't go around spreading it. I'm not saying that you didn't earn it, I'm saying that publicising it like crazy like this is an egocentric thing to do, and this is coming from me...a man with an ego the size of a galaxy.

This sort of shameless selfpromotion is not befitting a site of this calibre nor the webmaster of it.

Dude come on, dont be like that.This isnt shameless self promotion. He isnt talking about himself. The interview isnt even online. I wouldve liked to read it.

Last edited:

Erm, this is a bit of shameful self promotion. I've been interviewed for and written for countless magazines and I don't go around spreading it. I'm not saying that you didn't earn it, I'm saying that publicising it like crazy like this is an egocentric thing to do, and this is coming from me...a man with an ego the size of a galaxy.

This sort of shameless selfpromotion is not befitting a site of this calibre nor the webmaster of it.

This is coming from somebody who prefaced every single newspost he made for a month with a mostly-unchanging blurb about how amazingly comprehensive his coverage of the new games was. That's fine, apparently, but making a single newspost about how one of our members has been interviewed? Well, clearly that's just shameless self-promotion.

You vex me, young Merrick. You really do.

This is coming from somebody who prefaced every single newspost he made for a month with a mostly-unchanging blurb about how amazingly comprehensive his coverage of the new games was. That's fine, apparently, but making a single newspost about how one of our members has been interviewed? Well, clearly that's just shameless self-promotion.

You vex me, young Merrick. You really do.
Me providing easy links on the front page so it's not missed for the hundreds of thousands of people who visit the site for the information does not equate to self promotion. It is me making things easier for the visitors. This, however, is not.

A thread no. The frontpage of one of the most popular Pokémon related sites, it's sure getting there.

Again, I believe it's not your business to decide what Bulbagarden decides to publish. Bulbanews is not just news on Pokémon but also on Bulbagarden itself.

All I can say is congratz and damn I want a copy of the magazine =P

Me providing easy links on the front page so it's not missed for the hundreds of thousands of people who visit the site for the information does not equate to self promotion.

Perhaps not (and well done mentioning your hundreds of thousands of visitors there). However, it is something that can seem like self-promotion to other people, especially as a single, stickied announcement would have served exactly the same purpose. Sometimes people will read "self-promotion" into something that was done in all innocence.

Just as you seem to be the only one here who has interpreted the newspost about Archaic as self-promotion.

Joe, I do believe we can use our Bulbanews to cover any stories we see fit. Not everything covered is games/anime/TCG/manga, etc. Sometimes we do fandom stuff too.

Perhaps not (and well done mentioning your hundreds of thousands of visitors there). However, it is something that can seem like self-promotion to other people, especially as a single, stickied announcement would have served exactly the same purpose. Sometimes people will read "self-promotion" into something that was done in all innocence.

Just as you seem to be the only one here who has interpreted the newspost about Archaic as self-promotion.
If it was the first instance, I'd have just let it go, but there have been other recent examples such as every page of Bulbapedia having the "Vote for Liam to be TopGeek" thing. It's another in a long line of unprofessional incidents.

I'm saying this as a friend to Bulbagarden, not to cause friction.

If it was the first instance, I'd have just let it go, but there have been other recent examples such as every page of Bulbapedia having the "Vote for Liam to be TopGeek" thing. It's another in a long line of unprofessional incidents.

I think its Liam's choice to do what he chooses with his own website.

I think its Liam's choice to do what he chooses with his own website.
Yes, and I am well within my rights to point out that it is a bad choice

Yeah, like advertising in practically every magazine in the Pokémon Related world isn't? Shove back to your own site. You run stuff like this and we don't complain to you.

It sounds like it could be quite an interesting article, especially as Pokémon has had quite a few notable events such as Electric Soldier Pokémon and the staffing behind the games changing such as from Tajiri to Masuda.

Does the article include events sparked mainly by the fandom, such as SOVA?

Yes, and I am well within my rights to point out that it is a bad choice

And I, as rule director, am well within my right to say that calling someone unprofessional, refering to what he does as shameless self promotion, and so on, qualify under "flaming and baiting".

Being a nice person I won't infract if this particular line of attacks (no matter how justified you feel they are) ends here. Whatever point you wished to make has been made, and belaboring it would only serve to make people angry.

(By the way, this means you are no longer within your rights to continue pointing out this was a bad choice. Just so we're clear)

Capice? :p

I like how Serebii starts posting, and OMG! The world is falling apart. I really don't see what the big deal about this is. Get over it.

Oh Joe...

As a person who has been interviewed and written about I can say that you're missing the point. being interviewed in this fashion is an honor. And it pertains to Bulbagarden. As you can see, many of us are interested in the article because we recognize how cool it is and how it's about someone we all know. Someone kind and honest and hardworking. I myself want to read this article and I'm glad it was made known through bulbanews. If you want to jealous that no one is paying attention to you now then that's fine. But do it someplace where people actually like you.

Yeah, like advertising in practically every magazine in the Pokémon Related world isn't? Shove back to your own site. You run stuff like this and we don't complain to you.

You mean me being in association with them after they come to me? Yeah, how DARE I? I don't run stuff like that on my site so calm down.

Oh Joe...

As a person who has been interviewed and written about I can say that you're missing the point. being interviewed in this fashion is an honor. And it pertains to Bulbagarden. As you can see, many of us are interested in the article because we recognize how cool it is and how it's about someone we all know. Someone kind and honest and hardworking. I myself want to read this article and I'm glad it was made known through bulbanews. If you want to jealous that no one is paying attention to you now then that's fine. But do it someplace where people actually like you.

Then he could have posted in his blog about it rather than have an underling create an unprofessional newspost.

And I, as rule director, am well within my right to say that calling someone unprofessional, refering to what he does as shameless self promotion, and so on, qualify under "flaming and baiting"

Being a nice person I won't infract if this particular line of attacks (no matter how justified you feel they are) ends here.

Capice? :p

Ah yes, your new rule. I hope you'll enforce it on the others as well then as they're clearly also baiting :)

Perhaps I was insufficiently clear.

The Joe vs the World pissing contest - on BOTH sides - ends now. This thread is not for discussion of what Joe thinks of Liam. Please resume discussion of Archaic being interviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom