• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Butch&Cassidy Bailed Out Of Jail

Darth Darkrai

Reaction score
I would like to talk about something I have been wondering, Earlier Today I watched The Fortune Hunters and Bif and Cassidy were Arrested for 3rd Time and next time we see them they have been Bailed out again. So what I want to know is, are they actually Bailed Out From Giovanni because I would think ahat Officer Jenny and other Officers would not have them Bailed Out because I mean look their Members of Team Rocket an Evil Organization and they would be bailed out. So could they have Dug a Hole like the Trio did to Escape Jail the First Time or did possibly a bunch of Rocket Grunts invade these Jails and Broke them out and Skid addle pretty fast and Bail or is it just simple Bail. I want to know what you all think Ok.

re: Butch&Cassidy Bailed Out Of Jail

As Team Rocket, and Giovanni in particular is meant to be based on the mafia, I think he probably has some connections, maybe in the judicial system, might send some funds a few friends way and boom, they're set free much to the anger of Office Jenny

re: Butch&Cassidy Bailed Out Of Jail

Remember in their debut episode "The Breeding Center Secret" at the end they were the ones shipped off to jail while Ash, Snap and Brock were released after being falsely accused by Jenny (due to Butch and Cassidy's misdirection) of stealing Pokemon. The TRio is still in jail as well but tunneled their way out.

In the Orange Islands episode, when they showed up again they were said to have been bailed out by the boss and AGAIN sent to jail.

Then in Johto in the episode you mentioned they are free. Put it this way, it wouldn't surprise me if Giovanni DID bail them out which would explain why their appearances in episodes are so far and in between but as well see in later episode they are working in a different TR branch with Professor Namba and by the time we get to Sinnoh it seems that they have finally been ranked in the same "rock bottom" position as failures as Jessie, James and Meowth.

Moving back to the question at hand it wouldn't surprise me if there were some connections made to get them out. I mean its TR for crying out loud with agents nearly everywhere (except for the regions that Giovanni sends the TRio to in order to investigate other evil organizations) and up until DP Butch and Cassidy seemed to be successful in some aspects to helping with Namba's research making them semi-valuable to the organization unlike the TRio

This isn't a review of an episode or movie, the review prefix isn't necessary.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if they had some connections or that Giovanni still valued them more than Jessie, James and Meowth at that point. Up until Chronicles, they were the more competent group of Team Rocket members and were involved with some of their bigger plans than the Team Rocket trio were. Either that or they just escaped jail on their own.

With this one I've generally just assumed they were lying. Yeah, it's a cop-out, but it fits their character.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom