• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW101: Soryu Gym! Iris VS Shaga!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this going to be yet another 2-on-2 gym battle? Well, looks like Axew is sitting out again.

Huph!:drowsy:I don't care about that as long as Iris doesn't win against Drayden.

What is the problem about Iris wining agianst Drayden?

Nothing if you haven't seen her Pokemon's development lately. But I think she needs the lost so that maybe she can go and train somewhere to get better like the other past girls. You can't get to champion without some work.

Last edited:
I'm going to assume she loses, because otherwise she doesn't really have a story anymore... "I'm the strongest dragon trainer in Unova! Now I'm going to... follow Ash around for no reason..."

I'm going to assume she loses, because otherwise she doesn't really have a story anymore... "I'm the strongest dragon trainer in Unova! Now I'm going to... follow Ash around for no reason..."
She could follow Ash to Kanto if she wanted to battle dragon experts from other regions. She still needs to finish training Axew, at any rate.

There are some doubts about this one
1. Did Drayden recommend to Elder that Axew must be given to Iris after seeing her potential in their match
2. The writers did really seem to forget the truth that Axew was given to Iris in order that she would become a good dragon master but constantly concentrating on Dragonite that it is only pokemon of Iris.. Come on man.. Will Axew even get a chance to battle anytime soon having learnt many new superpowered moves???
3. Iris seems to be able to calm rampaging dragon pokemon everytime(prev. ep & first dragonite ep) but yet it seems she couldnt make her pokemon listen to her(Excadrill & Dragonite being disobedient first then listening after sometime). Really i cant understand what the writers are trying to convey about Iris character...
4. I think someone mentioned about the school being school of dragon masters.. will we get a reference about Clair & Lance here(Not study at school but atleast have visited once)
5. And about Ash not participating in any gym battle after getting 8 badges.. but its rather frustrating that Ash is merely a spectator everytime(doesnt even want to say one word about battling them.. considering Marlon & Daryden are said to be powerful GL in games).. this again questions why the writers dint make any reference about that...

Can someone answer my doubts please..

1. Did Drayden recommend to Elder that Axew must be given to Iris after seeing her potential in their match

No clue, hans't been brought up yet

2. The writers did really seem to forget the truth that Axew was given to Iris in order that she would become a good dragon master but constantly concentrating on Dragonite that it is only pokemon of Iris.. Come on man.. Will Axew even get a chance to battle anytime soon having learnt many new superpowered moves???

That's because Axew is weak as hell without super powered DEM.

3. Iris seems to be able to calm rampaging dragon pokemon everytime(prev. ep & first dragonite ep) but yet it seems she couldnt make her pokemon listen to her(Excadrill & Dragonite being disobedient first then listening after sometime). Really i cant understand what the writers are trying to convey about Iris character...

Dragonite think's his instincts are superior than that of his trainer, Excadrill thought Iris didn'tcare about his well being so its not an issue of her abilities.

4. I think someone mentioned about the school being school of dragon masters.. will we get a reference about Clair & Lance here(Not study at school but atleast have visited once)

Probably not, but its BW2 so maybe

5. And about Ash not participating in any gym battle after getting 8 badges.. but its rather frustrating that Ash is merely a spectator everytime(doesnt even want to say one word about battling them.. considering Marlon & Daryden are said to be powerful GL in games).. this again questions why the writers dint make any reference about that...

Gym battles=easy way to show a character's strength. In the anime few gym leaders are said to be stronger than the others, they exist but are rare. They also scale their teams to fit the challenger, ie Falkner with pidgeot.

No clue, hans't been brought up yet

That's because Axew is weak as hell without super powered DEM.

Dragonite think's his instincts are superior than that of his trainer, Excadrill thought Iris didn'tcare about his well being so its not an issue of her abilities.

Probably not, but its BW2 so maybe

Gym battles=easy way to show a character's strength. In the anime few gym leaders are said to be stronger than the others, they exist but are rare. They also scale their teams to fit the challenger, ie Falkner with pidgeot.

Thanks for your answers ...:)
But stil i cant get what u said.. U dint mention abt Ash not saying anything with others battling strong gym leaders in front of his eyes.. do the writers really want Ash to make to top 8/4 then they must try n put ash against them atleast once..
BW series is just giving the hype but not living upto it.. I think going to be worse than Johto... After DP i expected a lot from these people after giving a hype.. It just dug a hole for itself,,, pretty sad...

We don't know. But we know that Drayden seen some potential in Iris while she's using a non-Dragon type.

Kibago is not given for this reason. Evolving Kibago is a part of Dragon village's coming of age ritual. He's not a fundemental part of Iris' goal.

Rampaging and disobeying are two different things.

Probably not.

I don't see anything wrong with this.

She could follow Ash to Kanto if she wanted to battle dragon experts from other regions. She still needs to finish training Axew, at any rate.

Or she could go somewhere like Johto to where Blackthrone City is. Besides, Ash already has stayed in his region before including the BF. Iris can go where ever else necessary since she's capable on her own.

We don't know. But we know that Drayden seen some potential in Iris while she's using a non-Dragon type.

Kibago is not given for this reason. Evolving Kibago is a part of Dragon village's coming of age ritual. He's not a fundemental part of Iris' goal.

Rampaging and disobeying are two different things.

Probably not.

I don't see anything wrong with this.

I am satisfied with your answers..
Stil there s some more to it.. Rampaging and disobeying r different.. i agree but mostly disobeying pokemon goes on a rampage.. I hope u remember during orange league Ash's Charizard going on rampage by firing flamethrowers in all directions(dint destroy anything to be realistic), and Ash wasnt even able to return to its pokeball ,, ultimately it was brought down by a women's Slowbro.. Only thing differing in Iris case she calmed down wild rampaging pokemon(Dragonite) and then it started disobeying later on aft being captured.. now i would underline one point RAMPAGE>>>>DISOBEYING.. If Iris can calm rampage pokemon in just oly 1 ep it takes so many eps to make her disobeying pokemon listen to her.. i dont understand the logic b/w both relating n Iris case.. Hope u get my point in this one..
Then abt Ash not fighting any gym leaders aft getting 8 badges.. In kanto Ash was having 6/7 badges but Gary got 10 badges.. At that time u must hav seen the look on the face of Ash nd the words he was speaking at that time... Seriously i doubt that the same determined nd enthusiastic Ash is really missing nowadays in BW series,, sad to say this but its the truth going on in BW..

Only thing differing in Iris case she calmed down wild rampaging pokemon(Dragonite)

Meoletta was the one that calmed down Dragonite.

Only thing differing in Iris case she calmed down wild rampaging pokemon(Dragonite)

Meoletta was the one that calmed down Dragonite.

At this point i dint mean wat u said.. Getting a pokemon to trust and believe someone that he/she may take good care of it in the future.. May be the words i used are wrong,,, sorry.. this is wat am trying to say..
Nd Meloetta is able to calm down any pokemon which fights in unusual situations.. thats different from this one

think about it, If she beats drayden Iris will have better things to do Dragon training and Georgia. Lance can be the ultimate dragon master fight

Or she could go somewhere like Johto to where Blackthrone City is. Besides, Ash already has stayed in his region before including the BF. Iris can go where ever else necessary since she's capable on her own.

If she wins then only clair nd Lance are her ideal match... hope she doesnt win Drayden first,, else her character will be just that of Dawn in BW2 after tat...

I think that this episode should focus mainly on Drayden potential as Iris's teacher !

I'm just hoping at some point Iris will be seen in her Champion outfit she looks so beautiful in it. Now I want to see an episode that reveals Cilan's past like Iris will have. I mean I want to see his parents and I want to know why he's afraid of Purrloin. And cute little school girl Iris. I guess she had a hard time at school then!! I wonder why? Was the teacher mean to her? Were the children mean to her? I hope we see her parents too.

I think Iris will grow as a Pokemon trainner even more after her battle with Drayden. This probably wouldn't happen but imagine if Drayden offered Iris position as Gym Leader at Opelucid Gym.

I don't think that Iris will win, but it will be an epic battle! And the battle "Excadrill VS Haxorus" will be my favorite part! But Dragonite will probably beat Druddigon cuz he knows Ice Punch and Dragon Rush! My hopes for the episode are that Axew will finally evolve and Iris will train him until the end of the series! I want to watch more episodes with the little guy ^.^

My thoughts: I don't think Iris will win, I think this will be the episode she finally learns to control Dragonite in and maybe (hopefully) Axew will finally evolve. Then Draden will give her some speech about how much she's grown and how well she's doing, and she'll walk away feeling victorious anyway. That's usually the way things go. I know the writers like to give Iris lots of glory but I think they'll give that to her in the way I stated above.

I'm not betting on the Axew evolution, but I really hope it does happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom