• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW105: Kibago Gets Lost!

I'm not so much bugged by the fact that they skipped rounds, but what bugs me is WHY. We finally reach the league, the THIRD episode involves skipping in favor of... Kibago getting lost. I'm not sure why this couldn't have been anywhere else just as easily. I'd be okay with it if it was, y'know, relevant to the League itself.

Parring that, I didn't really feel the episode. Other than the fact that Dino will inevitably win the league, obviously.

What the heck was this? Why couldn't they do a Grand Festival on us and have Iris Axew getting lost as a subplot while Ash V.S Whoever was the main plot??? The heck?? Axew sorry, your going on my hate list along with Iris. We didn't need an entire episode about Axew getting lost again, why didn't Iris notice her Pokemon wasn't with her? Her hair that big of a mess she can't tell her Pokemon is even missing? How can you not feel some thing that big not being in your hair?? If it was in its Pokeball and got stollen I'd understand that more but the heck? If your not going to be able to keep track of your Pokemon while its out of Pokeball keep the thing in its ball.

Ash has an unfezant, Iris has a dragonite, and they aren't even used? FAIL MOVE WRITERS. The ep would have been so much better if it involved those 2 beating the crap out of Garbodor and we all know dragonite is more than capable. I'm sure he can also brutally punish mijumaru for stealing the apples.

I liked the episode. I mean, yeah, I get what you guys are saying about this eating up screentime that could have been used on battles, and how this League is rushed enough as it is without this mostly filler episode, but on the other hand it was a really fun way to relax between battles. It reminded me of those older series episodes where the gang would split up and we'd have a bunch of different little stories going on at the same time. It was fun.

So all of the people from a young Pokemon Trainer's town, including his parents, came to cheer him on for making it to the Top 16. Why does that sound familiar?
Because it brings to mind what Delia and Oak used to do for Ash? It's sad that times have changed.

Ash has an unfezant, Iris has a dragonite, and they aren't even used? FAIL MOVE WRITERS. The ep would have been so much better if it involved those 2 beating the crap out of Garbodor and we all know dragonite is more than capable. I'm sure he can also brutally punish mijumaru for stealing the apples.

1): It was very possible that Ash did not have Unfezant during this episode. Remember that he constantly switches out his pokemon with Professor Juniper in between battles. Iris probably did not send out Dragonite because it might not have followed her orders.

2): The group's pokemon were at fault for causing the incident with the Garbodor. Oshawott stole all of their food. This is also a show targeted to small children and families. It wouldn't be in their best interest if events in this episode taught children a lesson that it is acceptable to not only steal from others, but to also engage in violent acts against the victim(s). Both of these are crimes in most parts of the real world.

It would have been much more entertaining if dragonite started beating the crap out of the garbage bags and then mijumaru remembered what hapens when a trubbish screamed out the truth while under sevre pain from a brutal beatdown. He debates internally on what to do and finally tries to dothe right thing by trying to stop dragonite but the dragon just nails miju with an uppercut and send it into the stratosphere .mijumaru lands right in the path of pauls torterra training frenzy plant

It would have been much more entertaining if dragonite started beating the crap out of the garbage bags and then mijumaru remembered what hapens when a trubbish screamed out the truth while under sevre pain from a brutal beatdown. He debates internally on what to do and finally tries to dothe right thing by trying to stop dragonite but the dragon just nails miju with an uppercut and send it into the stratosphere .mijumaru lands right in the path of pauls torterra training frenzy plant
Go home, man, you're a bit drunk...

I see no problem about the two skipped matches. It would happen soon or later, I don't get the bug in your minds. Now, if the writers skip some full battle, I will complain about it, but I think that's not the case.

Ah, what a hilariously pointless episode. I'm so glad they skipped two of Ash's battles that could had shown off his Pokemon battling so that the writers could remind us that Axew exists and is an annoying little waste of space.

Uh oh, Bianca and Virgil were walking around together, cue the massive landslide of shipping fics!

Uh oh, Kotetsu and Iris argued with each other, cue the massive landslide of shipping fics!

Uh oh, Ash was trying to stop Garbodor from attacking the group, cue the massive landslide of... wait...

And of course it's Virgil the Super-Trainer-of-The-League who saves the day. Hopefully this league ends soon so he can go back to delivering CARE packages to disabled orphans, rescuing elderly nuns from burning buildings, catching a sniper bullet aimed at the prime minister between his teeth, disabling nuclear terrorist bombs in the rainforest, and saving kittens from trees.

So all-in-all, a very yawn episode in a time when we needed a yawn episode the least.

Do people forget there are skipped rounds in every league? Remember the Indigo leagues "Fire and Ice" episode? Ash's middle two battles were skipped mostly and they only showed one match from each, Squirtle Vs. Nidorino and Pikachu Vs. Arcanine.

The Hoenn league skipped a battle too, although nobody really cared there since Ash's Hoenn pokemon got tons of battle screentime anyway.

The Sinnoh league had that skipped Snorlax Vs. Grumpig match, whatever that was.

And now here. I think Johto showed everything outside the preliminaries though.
Except that in every of those examples, we at least got a brief montage of every round. Here, we had Ash versus Trip in the first round of 128 trainers, then Ash against a filler trainer and his Darumaka in the second round of 64 trainers, and then the next thing we know... there are only 16 trainers left...? What the heck? Did half the winners of the second round just get up and go home early or what? This is a case where one of the rounds was skipped ENTIRELY, not like before where every round was at least acknowledged with a brief glimpse of a battle, rather than being ignored completely - at least up 'til Ash's last one.

Anyway, while I would normally be fine with a little side plot like this, I feel that this one was a just waste of space that could have been used to give both the second AND third battles acknowledgement of existence - even if we only got a glimpse of one or both of them. I don't think we needed to be reminded again how childish Axew can be; I think everyone gets that by now.

Ah, Oshawott... such a troublemaker for everyone, as always.

A screenshot in the captions thread reminded me of another thing this episode did - a soothe bell had exactly the same role as Meloetta had for all those episodes. Nice way of making it even more pointless.

A screenshot in the captions thread reminded me of another thing this episode did - a soothe bell had exactly the same role as Meloetta had for all those episodes. Nice way of making it even more pointless.
A Mythical Pokémon in a Soothe Bell.

Scenes i liked in this episode : 1. Axew reuniting, 2. Garbodor,Trubbish becoming angry after Oshawott ate the food.. 3. Kotetsu feeling when his tent got flattened twice, 4. Virgil using soothe bell to calm angry pokes.
My sincere request to the writers pl dont write this kind of lame episodes.. somethings that should not happen : a trainer careless about her baby pokemon(Axew-even though its nearly 104 ep old), a pokemon getting lost many times than any other in anime history(again Axew), a pokemon that constantly does mistakes(Oshawott) like stealing food etc..
I feel very sorry for Garbodor,Trubbish in food matter and also kotetsu in tent situation.
If virgil had the soothe bell before itself why havent we seen it in BW102 when the cryogonal got angry.. and more time was spent on showing those fireworks and a gang of ppl running around which was just meant to prolong the ep..
And the preview for next ep is just quite fantastic.. would love to see this battle than next ones,, trailer of N saga adds more fuel to my thirst of seeing N in anime and voice also seems good..

Emolga has changed her attitude and is not seen stealing food or abusing attract for heck long of episodes.
Snivy has become the guardian of the group's Pokemon whenever the are in danger.

In CONTRAST

Oshawott has become the guy that cause trouble and steal food. (Even flirting) He is the fall guy and a boring otter which I never like since the start of the series.

In all honesty, I confess that I was not excited to watch this episode; I expected it to be a cumbersome task to put myself through. I was pleasantly surprised, however. This episode was quite fun to me.
Still, though- skipping an entire round, and not even showing Ash's win from the Top 64? I wasn't too pleased to see that. BW knows how to stun you, though; those summaries were really misleading in a sense that I believed that Kenyan VS Ash would be in the Top 32, not 16. I'm so glad it's in the Top 16, though. I am fond of Kenyan, he seems formidable, so with the acknowledgement that inevitably, he wasn't going to be finishing Ash off, his rank is decent. Not spectacular, but decent enough. It was pleasant to see that Scraggy gave Ash the win in the Top 32, though and the few seconds of it that we saw were good; I wish we could've seen the entire match, though. The fumes coming out of his nostrils at the victory reminded me of Moxie, the ability, even though I know, it's never stated that he has that ability, anyways.

How Kibago gets lost is pretty plain in itself, but it allowed for some entertainment. I adore that CoTD and his family, I must say- coming with him to congratulate him and cheer him on, in that strange jubilant gear and hunting down stalls for delicious food as well as crushing tents in search of a spot. Especially that the woman just accepts a wandering Kibago into the throng, and no questions it really. The CoTD too- he was so squat and cute in his suit, and I wouldn't mind if he was revealed to be the winner of the entire League. The scene where Kibago reunites with the other 'mons was very sweet, too. Iris wrecking Kotetsu's tent in her ambition to fetch the hat on the top was amusing enough, especially that all she wants to hear from Kotetsu is in what direction did the family march off to. At least they went to check on the CCTV, that was clever of them.

The Oshawott plot fit in more snugly than I expected it to, as he commits the crime while the Pokemon are asking other Pokemon. That Garbodor was such a sweetie I thought, getting the box of apples off the lady, and feeding the Trubbish with it, as well as getting them balloons! That was adorable, and it give a lovely effect of shock when the Garbodor realises what happened, and we just see the balloons float off into the air.
Though when it's infuriated, it's anything but sweet huh? Nice save of Virgil's to use the soothe bells on it. Though, I wonder why he didn't use them immediately after he rescued the Pokemon using Psychic. Could've not thought about it just then, I suppose. Speaking of Virgil, I was hoping that he'd get some screentime in this episode and therefore, I am relieved that he did. His interaction with Bel was also appreciated. The atonement they made with the food they brought to the Garbodor was sweet, and my favourite moment has to be when Pikachu smacks Oshawott around the head with his tail when he attempts to nab some of food from the Trubbish's dish.

I liked this episode for conveying (in some spots) the relaxed moments of the League, which I think isn't shown enough at times. I also liked the addition of performers by the stalls too. I can't wait until Kenyan VS Ash's match, I'm desiring that it'll be a heated one indeed.

As much I liked this episode, I think I would've preferred if it was the beginning episode of the League, as opposed to this one. However, I'm not agitated that it was in this episode either.

As someone stated in the Caption the Screenshots thread, there's probably going to be a new shipping name for Bianca and Virgil after this episode XDD

As someone stated in the Caption the Screenshots thread, there's probably going to be a new shipping name for Bianca and Virgil after this episode XDD

im curious what the shipping name for the couple in the scene with the lady and axew is going to be named...

this episode was more of a joke type of episode. the things i liked was the stampede. it reminded me of all of the videos at walmart on black friday of everyone fighting to get the phones.
i liked the faces kotetsu and riolu made when before and after their tent got smashed. i also loled at kotetsu reaction after ash and co ran off and riolu trys to comforrt him.
Oshawott stealing the apples was a twist of fate.
and the freeze art frame at the end it shows one of the complete back of one of the recurring characters head...

Wow. This episode was much worse than people said it was. I thought there was going to be something of real importance for Axew's disappearance but it seems as if though they aren't even trying with Iris's pokemon other than her Excadrill and Dragonite aren't they? It's really starting to become sadder each episode. This is why I can't wait for Iris to get her Pokemon and go.

This episode gets a 5.4 rating(last week-4.2).. Surprised that this episode got more than 5 point mark :)

I figured what people's reactions would be.
But this episode was better than the two previous episodes IMO. Even with a subplot focused on the Gen V Pokémon I hate the most.

The Detective Ti- and that Imotarou (Already forgot the name >_>) neckless guy were the best thing about this.

I don't like the current credits theme. Was hoping it would have been changed by now...

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom