• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Casual or Serious?

So, what are you?

• Casual

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Serious / Competitive

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Banana :banana:

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I fall in the middle, maybe with a casual lean. I start battles for purely casual reasons, and when I'm actually battling I take it seriously - though I still try to have fun with it.

As of now I'm casual because I'm not good at ADV, but I fully plan to become a serious battler when D/P gets into my hands.

I'm casual for even trying to learn how to be a serious battler would make me head a-splode. I'm also planning on having Chatot be on my team, so yeah, casual. :p

Battling is fun, though, so I'll probably be fighting on Battle Revolution with random people (you can do that, right?) and anyone that wants to.

Yes, there is a random battle mode where it just randomly finds another player that is using the feature.

Serious battling isn't all that complicated. Just takes some dedication. I learned the basics in like... a day. Everything else (your skill) comes naturally.

Banana.

I only have the basic understanding of Potassium, and I don't EV plant my crop either. However, I also suck at fertiziling the crop as well, which leads to it tasting pretty sour.

Oh, and I'm like the most Casual Player ever. XD

Very casual. The game stops being fun for me if I have to start bothering with stats and training stronger pokemon that I may not actually like. So I stick to training what I like even if it involves a level 100 bagon.

Casual, because the competetive nature of Pokemon brings out the most dick-headliness factions within our community and I really don't ever intend to be a part of that.

Casual, because the competetive nature of Pokemon brings out the most dick-headliness factions within our community and I really don't ever intend to be a part of that.

Ugh, that annoys the shit out of me.

Casual. I care nothing of stats, but I am very selective about which attack I use. Not to the point that the competive people are. I just cover my weaknesses if I can, put in a few extra attacks in order to cover as many types as I can, and if I have a poke that can learn a sleep-inducing move, I will have one of those, too.

A question for the casual players;

Why does everyone claim that serious play is never fun? (ignoring the dickhead battlers) Yeah, it's a bit of extra work, but it's still fun. People claim that seriously battles play to win, which for some of us like me, it isn't. I play to have fun; winning just makes it that much more fun. ^_^

Strategy is lost on me. I don't have the mind for it. I don't see any great need to be that picky about my pokemon and the moves they can learn. If it makes them happy, then good for them, but I just can't agree with their methods, no matter how effective they are.

Casual, I've never battled online so there's no way I'll go into it being serious and expecting to win. Nice to see there are plenty of other casual battlers here.

To elaborate, I agree with Oak that the factions are annoying---but my Wifi dream is to help create something where everyone can make accomplishments to be proud of. That's why I started the Go-Rock Frontier.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom