• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Chapter 3: Pokémon Terastal Debut - Beginning April 12th

Only a matter of time til Dot gets in on this.
You'd think she'd be the first one. Granted out-universe, it's just the marketing still treating Dot as a supporting character while Liko and Roy are the only ones with protagonist status.

I wonder how long this arc will be. Looks like they're jumping to gym battles very quickly, so that's at least 8 of the episodes, plus some elite 4, passing the course episodes, it seems like the plot relevant episodes could be around 15 + some non league battle eps, fillers, Explorers conflicts (if any), they might be able to squeeze everything into another 25 episode arc similar to the first one length-wise.

It appears that all the arcs will be about half a season and the way characters are promoted with heavy focus on partner Pokemon I feel like the battles will mostly be 1-1, or 2-2 at best, and focused on just terastal battling. And then Arc IV will being the ZA promo and it's climax/game spoilery developments will be close to its release.

The opening is catchy but in my opinion it sounds more like an ending, I was hoping for something more like Halo and less like Dokimeki Diary.

Nice to see Ann again, I guess they are listening to fan feedback.

I wonder how long this arc will be. Looks like they're jumping to gym battles very quickly, so that's at least 8 of the episodes, plus some elite 4, passing the course episodes, it seems like the plot relevant episodes could be around 15 + some non league battle eps, fillers, Explorers conflicts (if any), they might be able to squeeze everything into another 25 episode arc similar to the first one length-wise.
There's no way they'll battle every gym leader, it will most likely be the first ones + Grusha and then some tests/friendly battles with the teachers or the Elite Four. I can see the explorers besides Coral and Sidian taking a break as the latest episode outright says they'll only act when the RVT are looking out for the Hero Pokemon.
And then Arc IV will being the ZA promo and it's climax/game spoilery developments will be close to its release.
Assuming PLZA releases on Q1 2025, the anime will likely cover it only after its release, so if the pattern holds up it will be in the 5th chapter debuting on April 2025, October 2024 would be too early to promote it.

There's no way they'll battle every gym leader, it will most likely be the first ones + Grusha and then some tests/friendly battles with the teachers or the Elite Four
They can defenintly do all of them if they restrict them all to 1v1's or 2v2's. Aka battles that can fit in a single episode. Rather than the usual 2 parters you get later on in the series.

Also, we know from stuff shown at an anime event thing that Agate is also going to be there. So it's just Amethio and Spinel not present (And... Hamber Zir and Conia I guess)

There's no way they'll battle every gym leader, it will most likely be the first ones + Grusha and then some tests/friendly battles with the teachers or the Elite Four. I can see the explorers besides Coral and Sidian taking a break as the latest episode outright says they'll only act when the RVT are looking out for the Hero Pokemon.

All the gym leaders have been teased in the latest trailer. Also, iirc one of the magazine articles said Liko, Roy, Dot will be battling gym leaders. It's more likely that they do battle them.
NffpwZZ.png

I noticed Dot is wearing her leaked new clothes right from the beginning, so I assume her previous outfit was just her PJs and that her new outfit is not a significant change or character lol.
They can defenintly do all of them if they restrict them all to 1v1's or 2v2's. Aka battles that can fit in a single episode. Rather than the usual 2 parters you get later on in the series.

Also, we know from stuff shown at an anime event thing that Agate is also going to be there. So it's just Amethio and Spinel not present (And... Hamber Zir and Conia I guess)
The problem is not the time but :
A) The budget-Last series they only attempted a battle arc with the Masters 8 and we had a total of two months of breaks and laid-back episodes to compensate it.
B) Repetitiveness and rushedness-A gym battle every 2 episodes or so would be very tiring to the animators and the time needed to explore new strategies or expand on the teams would be very limited.

The trio's goal is not to become champions or find their treasure, is just to become better as Terastalization in order to be better at their real goal, I don't think they need to battle 8 characters in a row to do that.

All the gym leaders have been teased in the latest trailer. Also, iirc one of the magazine articles said Liko, Roy, Dot will be battling gym leaders. It's more likely that they do battle them.
NffpwZZ.png
Early Journeys also had a shot of the Kanto gym leaders and the only one who battled with Ash directly was Misty at the very end, so it's not that reliable. And I know obviously some of them will battle, just not all of them.

Early Journeys also had a shot of the Kanto gym leaders and the only one who battled with Ash directly was Misty at the very end, so it's not that reliable. And I know obviously some of them will battle, just not all of them.

I don't see how that's a fair comparison when in no point in Journeys were we told/teased that Ash would be battling Kanto gym leaders that he has already battled before anyway. If anything Journeys promised more than it can give, but Horizons promo has been accurate with what is teased-shown so far.

Was looking through Twitter and apperently there was a reigon locked preview thing, confirms Roy's Fuecoco does indeed have Fire Tera to the suprise of no one.
Also Liko's dad and Hassel are with them when they visit Artazon, I assume for Roy's gym battle. That is all other than more shots of stuff we already know.

I'm sure there will be a few in-between episodes that won't just be focused on the battles. I'm sure there will also be a few episodes focusing on some other Paldea Pokémon and some of the members of the Academy.

Sure but probably not untill after the first 3, given in all the previews we have only really seen one thing that could maybe be a break episode (Them camping).

I'm so hyped for this new arc. It's going to be great to see so many of the SV characters, like the E4, Penny, Clavell, and Geeta. My main hope is that the kids will work with all of their Pokémon and not just their first ones. Overall I'm glad how perfectly this arc blends in from the conclusion of the last one, and it's going to be so cool seeing Dot, Roy, and Liko using Terastallization. The new intro sounds nice too! :bulbaLove:

I hope at least one of the mons has a different tera type. Unless use tera crystals to change.

Back
Top Bottom