• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Character Development Den (Questions)

"Would the... 'clone'? Be a purrloin or a hybrid as I am now? Either way, I think we would groom each other. Nobody else knows how to do it right, if I even trusted them enough to let them try. But also, I think I would try to look after her. She would surely be confused and upset to exist as a copy of me."
-Salem, purrloin-morph

What's the nicest thing someone's ever done for you? What's the nicest thing you've done for them?

"An Army buddy of Lt. Surge taught me how to shoot. It's saved my life more times than I can count.
But the nicest I did for someone else...
*glances at Kotone and Lena*
That's not my place to say." -Shirona

"There are events I do not wish to speak of. But after them, I was adopted by Red's family. He and I had met only once, but he would not stand by after my mother rejected me. It's the kind of person he is.
But Shirona was there from the... end of what happened. She would not leave my side. Ten years passed before I, well, noticed her. Nearly a full year before I worked up the courage to ask.
Hilda told me Shirona agonized for hours which bikini to wear to our first date. She had a black one and a white one. Hilda finally had to force her to buy one of mixed colors just to end the indecision. That black and white bikini holds a special place in my heart.
Nicest for someone else...
I advocated for someone hurting as bad as I was, but differently, to gain the love they need and desire." -Kotone

"Is there something you will never speak of, and why do you keep it quiet?"

Seriously people, this question really begs for a dodging answer. What moron is going to spill out something he/she is sworn never to speak of? If people truly expect straightforward replies then how about asking some better questions? FFS.

Eh, my character would never realistically tell other folk even half the stuff I've written here due to its incriminating nature, but writing what he would actually say would be extremely bland and boring as he would like to appear as uninteresting as possible. If we were being realistic about this, then every single character would be asking where the hell they are and what's going on and who is asking them all these random questions and why.

"...Well, if yeh want me ter be honest? Sure. Ain't like anybody I know is gonna be aroun' here, an' I figure ain't none o' you guys gonna spill, either. I abandoned my past a long time ago. An' fer good reason. I ain't like that anymore, an' I ain't gonna let any old haunts remind me o' it. I killed people. Fer money. 'Cause I was good at it. ...Threw that life away a long time ago, but that's gonna follow me fer eternity. I guess only Arceus c'n judge me now."
Lucario Manny

"Anyway, let's get offa that. What's some dumb fear yer scared of? Heights? Bugs? Th' dark?"

If people truly expect straightforward replies then how about asking some better questions? FFS.

You're mad because User A (me) wants straightforward replies and User B is asking questions that invite evasive answers. Did you think we were the same person, or that "people" are a hivemind with the same expectations? It'd be one thing if I were asking questions that invite evasive answers, but there's no inconsistency here. Besides, the stakes in this thread are absolutely minimal and it really isn't worth becoming frustrated about. Take care.

Plus, what @canisaries said. Not to mention, a lot of people are asking their questions in-character, even though none of our characters are in the business of interviewing strange people from different worlds.

"Anyway, let's get offa that. What's some dumb fear yer scared of? Heights? Bugs? Th' dark?"

"I've been afraid since I was small of losing my senses. Mm? No, I don't mean like that. [I didn't know that was an expression, apologies.] I mean to actually be... [blind or deaf.] Uh, not to see or hear things any more ever again."
Salem, purrloin-morph

You have a choice between peace, knowledge, power, freedom, and acceptance. Which of these five do you most desire?

"Peace, absolutely. I know that may be surprising to hear from me, the violent guy worshipping the god of chaos to eventually ascend, but it was never about the power - not mostly, anyway - but about the peace of mind I could get for eternity. Happiness is what all living things desire the most, whether they admit it or not.

Acceptance, if it's as in being accepted by your peers, is probably the most useless thing there is." - Red Akai

"I guess power. That's how you can protect the people you want to be safe, and to enforce justice." - Pletora

"Justice? Cute."
"Shut your face hole, hitmonchan. Or whatever the hell you are."

"If you were president, king, queen, or whatever's the highest position of power where you live, how would you change your land?"

"If I were somehow able to overthrow Queen Oceania, the first thing I'd do would be to find a way to keep sharks out of Marelantis. Maybe I'll use magic, or maybe I'll train an elite team of those Pokémon to scare them away. I'm not sure. I just don't want anyone to go through what I did..." - Oyster Shell, The Tides Have Turned

"If I were to become Queen - which is impossible, seeing as she's immortal and all, but let's pretend that isn't the case - I would do something about these Pokémon. I mean, they're not all bad, as Jay proved, but something needs to be done to keep their populations in check, so they don't start destroying the ecosystem." - Glimmering Pearl, The Tides Have Turned

What lengths would you go to protect the ones closest to you?

(@unrepentantAuthor Why does Salem sometimes talk in square brackets?)

Last edited:
"For Ash? Anything. He's pretty much the only reason why I'm even here right now, so it's really the least that I can do for him. And he deserves happiness far more than I do anyway, so... yeah, that's my answer."
- Mirror Serena

"What are everyone's living standards like? I've lived in both barns and million-dollar houses before, but somehow one of the places that feel most like home to me is a sleeping tent in the middle of a forest filled with bug Pokémon. Go figure..."

Seriously people, this question really begs for a dodging answer. What moron is going to spill out something he/she is sworn never to speak of? If people truly expect straightforward replies then how about asking some better questions? FFS.

Not all of us expect every question to have a straightforward answer.

You're mad because User A (me) wants straightforward replies and User B is asking questions that invite evasive answers. Did you think we were the same person, or that "people" are a hivemind with the same expectations? It'd be one thing if I were asking questions that invite evasive answers, but there's no inconsistency here. Besides, the stakes in this thread are absolutely minimal and it really isn't worth becoming frustrated about. Take care.

Wait, you didn't get the hivemind implant yet? I'll need to talk to Assimilation Management. (Trying to lighten the mood!)

Plus, what @canisaries said. Not to mention, a lot of people are asking their questions in-character, even though none of our characters are in the business of interviewing strange people from different worlds.

Well, Shirona kinda is in that business, but she doesn't have experience at it. It's not like Giratina was simply going to sit down over a cup of tea and answer questions.

"So, we have Giratina here today... Giratina, welcome to our show!"
"Good to be here, Shirona. Good indeed. Excellent tea, by the way."
"Thank you! So, Giratina, our viewers are dying to know... What's it like being a god of creation who rules over his own dimension?"
"Straight to the hard questions! Well, Shirona, I have to say... It's kinda boring. So much math! Math math math math! I swear, when my high school math teacher said I would be using calculus in my life, I had no idea how right she was!"

"What are everyone's living standards like? I've lived in both barns and million-dollar houses before, but somehow one of the places that feel most like home to me is a sleeping tent in the middle of a forest filled with bug Pokémon. Go figure..."

"I live above a nightclub I own and run. I have a very good security system, including methods of countering psychic powers. It's more of an apartment, but a comfortable one that is nicely decorated. I spent my time in the wilderness and like to live comfortably." -Shirona

"I live with Shirona. Do you blame me? Have you seen the swimming pool?" -Kotone
"What pool?" -Shirona

"My parents have a house I reside in when not adventuring. On occasion, I stay with Shirona and Kotone. That is an amazing pool!" -Chris
"There is no pool!" -Shirona

"I live with Shirona and Kotone. Amazing pool!" -Lena
"Will you three stop it with the pool! I am not paying for one!" -Shirona
"But I wish sleeping arrangements were better..." -Lena.
"What." -Shirona
"Don't you share their-" -Chris
"Hush! Let her finish!" -Kotone
"Shirona makes me live in a doghouse after I filled the pool with blue ink and bubble bath!" -Lena
"Hahahahahaha!" -Kotone and Chris
"What!?! You do not... I did not... There is no pool! You don't live in a doghouse! Stop making things up!" -Shirona
"*sniff* All day and night, spent howling at the moon in sorrow!" -Lena
"Are you trying to get me arrested? Stop making things up!" -Shirona

"What's the funniest prank you ever pulled on someone?"

Why does Salem sometimes talk in square brackets?

It means she's signing rather than speaking. Pokésign is a major feature of my setting and Salem depends on it to communicate when her English isn't good enough.

Wait, you didn't get the hivemind implant yet?

Not my thing, thanks. I rather like my mind the way it is!

"What's the funniest prank you ever pulled on someone?"

Can't come up with a good answer for this one. Oh, well.

Let's remember to keep this civil, ladies and jellybeans. I'd suggest answering some questions in the style of inner monologue as alternative to the "Interviewer response" style of answer.

Anyway, let's get back to the game now, shall we?

“Quite the rumble happened here, I see. Just who were those humans?” ~ Keldeo
“Authors, I guess? Can’t say for sure.” ~ Sora
“Oh. Hopefully they didn’t scare their own characters away… this thing is helping me learn more about myself.” ~ Keldeo
“Same, but maybe we should answer to the question now, shall we?” *places his hands behind his head, before glancing at Keldeo* “So, did you pull a funny prank on someone?” ~ Sora
“Never did pull any prank, to be honest. Besides, I don’t even have the Prankster ability.” ~ Keldeo
“Prankster ability? Sounds like a cool ability to me!” ~ Sora
“You wouldn’t think so after receiving an inescapable Will-O-Wisp in your butt…” *turns to Sora* “What about you? What was your funniest prank?” ~ Keldeo
“Well, there was one time when I replaced some Paopu Fruits – a kind of star-shaped fruit – with some orange starfish. When Riku grabbed one to check it out, the starfish latched onto his chest. It took him quite some time to get the starfish off of him, but I laughed so much when he freaked out!” ~ Sora

“If you could travel to any place, where would you like to travel?”

"Cynthia showed me a map of this world that Queen Oceania showed her, and I'd probably say... Equestria? Yeah, Equestria looks nice. Cynthy will be going there for a world summit soon. I'm not involved in this boring political stuff, but hopefully I'll be able to go with her." - Milotic, The Tides Have Turned

What's your favourite colour?

"I like pale green, because it's the main color of digbeetle larvae, my favorite food. They're so tasty and so filling! Unfortunately, they hide deep underground and I've only managed to get them up with oddish leaves as bait, so they're a rare treat. For a more common color, it'd be blue. It's the color of a nice, clear sky and cool, refreshing streams. It's not too common in bugs, though. I wonder why." - Pletora.

"Red.

...What?" - Red Akai

"Have you ever broken the law? If you've done it more than once, what was your worst infraction?"

"A few times. The worst was when I faked military credentials and impersonated a General so I could buy a rocket launcher. I later used the rocket launcher to rob a McDonald's to infiltrate a criminal organization." -Shirona

"I've bribed the police to ignore Shirona's crazier antics more times than I can count." -Kotone

"I used my telepathy to get the principal's login info and changed his profile picture to one I photoshopped a dress onto him." -Lena

"I used multiple accounts to sell fake human souls on Ebay until they banned it." -Chris

"If you journey in the wilderness, do you stick to established trails or blaze your own path?"

"You make wandering off into dangerous places where you don't belong sound so exciting! And yet anyone with a cool head would know not to take such risks without good reason, or unless they were so competent that they could get away with it. I can handle myself, but still, I'd take the charted path, thanks."
-Alisha Renadier

What's your dream job?

"Butcher. But those don't exist anymore. Psh. I really would've loved to kill and cut up things for a living, even if they were only mon." - Red Akai

"Eh, I don't know if I'm the type for a Guild life. Never worrying about going hungry as long as you do some menial tasks sounds great, but I wouldn't be comfortable around with all those guildren around and being away from my home nest." - Pletora

"What's your favorite form of entertainment and why?"

"I enjoy archaeology. Every so often, as part of a vacation, I pick a random ongoing dig somewhere in the world and join the team. Just last year, we discovered a hidden Mayan farm where they grew berries in ancient times. We were able to piece together this fascinating yearly ceremony devoted to appeasing their gods.
"And archaeology-based movies are fun." -Shirona

"I enjoy kimono dancing, reading, and science shows. I also have a list of josei anime I watch." -Kotone

"I love science fiction! The uniforms, cool starships, the ways they try to apply science, the action..." -Lena

"I love watching science fiction and fantasy." -Chris

"I like to motorcycle race when not debating politics." -Hilda

"They don't let me watch TV after the wrestling incident." Zekintha

"I love eating donuts in front of a police station while reminding them they can't arrest me. I think Shirona and Hilda are bad influences." -N

"I love imagining I exist in a world where I'm not the bad guy just because my bosses are idiots." -General Howitz

"If you design your own region, what would your core design focus be?"

"What, like creating a fictional setting for something? That's an interesting one. I guess I'd focus most of all on the lives of pokémon outside of battling. I'd invent a human culture that really values all kinds of relationships with pokémon, and not just the ones where humans give the orders."
-Alisha Renadier

Are you more of a homebody, or do you like to keep on the move?

Last edited:
“Oh, I wish I could move and explore the world! I really do! But my mentors don’t want me to have contacts with humans because they fear that they could hunt me down because of my kin. So, I’ve been stuck in these woods for endless years when I yearn to be outside of these woods and know more about my world. I’m basically forced to be a homebody.” *snorts* “I don’t see what’s so bad about humans, honestly. I mean, I saw some humans being very friendly with Ponyta and Mudbray, so why wouldn’t they be friendly with me as well, if I’m very similar to those Pokémon? I don’t get it.” ~ Keldeo

“Do you have a favorite movie or book?”

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom