• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Charizard VS Infernape

Well, we've all seen how Charizard's done when he's got a type advantage/resistance (thinks back to Charizard v Blaziken)
Seeing as they both should have the Blaze ability, not just Infernape, that shouldn't be in the question.
Power- wise, Charizard would destroy Infernape. Sure, I'm bias. Deal with it.
Of course, anime physics throw the whole thing out of wack.

but if infernape could unlock the power within blaze charizard would not stand a chance

Charizard has Blaze too, plus a type advantage, better and longer training, more experience, and superior abilities (By that I mean flight, strength, speed ect...)

Infernape has nothing.

Then again, one thats Anime Physics and two, i'm talking about Ash's pokemon.

Quilava is light years beyond Torkoal

Two Words; Registeel battle

Last edited:
The writers love Charizard, so he will be stronger lol.

If the writers love Charizard why isn't it in the Sinnoh league, with the rest of his Kanto pokes?

If the writers love Charizard why isn't it in the Sinnoh league, with the rest of his Kanto pokes?

Because there is no reasoning to, they are trying to advertise HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Two Words; Registeel battle

Two word: Inconsistent writing
Want three other words? Deus ex machina

Let's see... it doesn't advertise anything, it would be a glory hog and overshadow Infernape, HGSS advertisement, that sort of thing...

Why can't Torkoal be a powerful Pokemom?

Same thing could be said about the Johto starters/Noctowl.

Although in terms of powerful fire type pokemon, I do agree that Charizard/Infernape tops. Probably because of they're evolved status and screentime. Still, Cynda and Torkoal aren't bad at all.

Because he didn't do jack in the Hoenn saga... TBH, I wished that Torkoal had been on Ash's regular team in the BF instead of Corphish to give it more wins and make the Registeel battle more believable.

I really like Cotoise (is my favourite Hoenn poké) but it really should have defeated some other Brain's Pokémon rather then nearly defeat a Registeel.

Because he didn't do jack in the Hoenn saga... TBH, I wished that Torkoal had been on Ash's regular team in the BF instead of Corphish to give it more wins and make the Registeel battle more believable.

While I think Torkoal could have stayed, I didn't mind at all.

Anyone's win, they're probably both very strong (although Charizard has probably worked harder) Chimchar Is an exceptionally strong fire-type.

What about if Charmander had battled Chimchar? Chimchar would have won it back then, definitely.

Anyone's win, they're probably both very strong (although Charizard has probably worked harder) Chimchar Is an exceptionally strong fire-type.

What about if Charmander had battled Chimchar? Chimchar would have won it back then, definitely.

I am not too sure about that, Charmander himself was very strong as well.....

All I know is that Charmeleon beat Monferno in the evolution sprint.

Charizard. I have a personal grudge against infernape as a species.

Charizard. I have a personal grudge against infernape as a species.

I have a personal Grudge against Infernape as an existing object of being overrated and loved by many just because it's a flaming monkey. Sceptile makes a much better ninja if you ask me.

Yup, infernape....
to suppose infernape has higher speed than the other, infernape attacks first....
his first move is stone edge, the best rock type he can learn,
so 100 X 2( for fire) X 2( for flying), and charizard resisting 400 damage....literally a joke....
my defense to my answer.....Infernape

In the anime: Charizard tears Infernape I new one, unless Blaze is activated. However, even if Blaze gets activated, Charizard will pull through.

In the game: Infernape. It's faster and can easily hit Charizard with a Stone Edge or Thunderpunch.

charizard lost to blaziken so you're argument is invalid, infernape easily

Back
Top Bottom