• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Clever Pokémon Nicknames

Hm...

Sirknight- for all my male Gardevoir (Just one per game card. I have a tendency to favor female ones over males because of Gamefreak's design error. Why give a male Pokemon a feminine design?) (Apologies to Miss Raine Caulwell.)

Ganon- my Emboar

ESP- duh, my Espeon

BioWeapon0- Deoxys

Tony Stoney- um...I actually don't have a Geodude by this name yet XD

(I also sometimes name a Geodude "Buttball" because it's like a giant rock ball with arms that bounces around on its butt. Do they ever walk on their hands?)

Sinnoh God- DW Arceus

Diaruga- Dialga of course. I though the Japanese name sounded better.

Nautilus- Omanyte

Silver Link- Lugia, named for the famous record-setting Silver Jubilee LNER A4 that sadly was not rescued and preserved for future generations to marvel upon.

Heavy- Snorlax (named for the Heavy Weapons Guy in Team Fortress, my favorite non-Nintendo game)

Crimzon- Red Gyarados, named after the Crimzon Guard soldiers in Jak II

Torturga- Tirtouga (named after a spelling error during a conversation with a friend from Mexico)

YoHomieG/BaggyPants- Scraggy

Chaos/Discord- Absol. Ironically all the Absol I initially catch per version have a TIMID nature.

...that's all I've got for now.

My personal favorite is my Salamence, I named it Salami, after the meat product which I enjoy.

I have a tendency to name my Pokemon like I name my pets, after various characters or historical people, with a few exceptions.

In Emerald:
Grovyle, Male, is Irwin, after Steve Irwin, one of my personal heroes AND closely linked to reptiles.
Swellow, Male, is Armstrong, after Neil Armstrong. Not the most fitting, but what ever!
Torkoal, Female, is April, after April O'Neil from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Swalot, Female, is Paris, after the capital of France because Swalot's mustache looks rather French to me.

Dragonite : Saphira; I would always prefer female Dragonites than males due to Eragon
Gyarados : Thorn; Also from the Eragon books
Tyranitar : Asusheika means "Earth Shaker"
Scizor : Bushido
Infernape : Goku
Gliscor : Batgirl
Lilligant : Sakura / Lillian
Cottonee : SCOTTonee name after a friend
Teddiursa : Majora
Scraggy : SCOOTER named after a friend
Bisharp : Samurai
Jirachi : Hoshihikari
Starmie : Hikari
Pikachu : Sparky
Blaziken : Fire Dancer
Politoad : Keroro

And my personal favorite:
Staraptor : Capt Falcon

Last edited:
I named my Regigigas "Regikikass" because that's what it does. I had to leave the c in kick out because of the 10 character limit.

Blaziken named KFC. I do not know what I was thinking at the time... I was trying to hatch an IV Torchic.

on my platinum game i have a monferno named exbo and when I get an apoim I'll name it aibo and drifloon balloony (explination for balloony: 1.he's a balloon. 2.baloony is the name of the best friend of Dr.Doofensmerts off of phineas and ferb PS:balloony from phineas and ferb is a balloon.)

Well I usually name my pokemon normal nicknames like my cinccino I just named it Candy. A unique nickname I would have to say would be the lilligant that I received from the GTS that was named Lemonparty.

Thought of two great ones.

Zigzagoon = Ziggy Marley
Linoone = Lionel Richie

Being both singers and Zigzagoon and Linoone are evolution companions.

I named my Cobalion Coby, my Reshiram Reshy, my Zekrom Zeke, my Virizion Lizzy, my Terrokion Terry, My Serperior Eniverse(knda Servine backwards), my Volcorona Anorclava (also kinda backwards)when i cant think of a name i usually name them their name backwards, i got the idea from Ekans because his name is snake backwards, i always name any Togepi i have after a grass type for some reason, i already have names for my future team in B2W2,
Snivy= Jason Todd
Keldeo(if you can name it)= Kory
Litwick= i don't know because its Japanese
Togepi= Shaymin
Dieno= Drake
Mew= also japenese

I've only nicknamed my Pokemon in one game, White. For my party in White, I'd name them a shortened/changed version of a pokemon in their evolutionary family's japanese name. Like for example, I got my Oshawott but I recognized the Pokemon by their japanese names 'cause I got used to them so I named her Miju. I also use Miju as my username on forums I go on.
My Reuniclus is Rankuru, Lilligant is Doredia, and Stoutland is Mura.

The first three shinies I bred were three Whismur. I've evolved two of them [partially and fully] and the three's respective nicknames are FUS RO DAH.

I have a Eelektross with a really weird name. I was getting frustrated because I couldn't think of a nickname, so I named it [HASHTAG]#beastmode[/HASHTAG].

I always name my Pokemon... It feels strange if I don't. Currently in the team I'm training (a bunch of ground, rock, and steel types):

Zarayathan - female Phanpy
Lasayana - female Aron
Alandria - female Drilbur
Karamikara - male Larvitar
Miyara - female Mawile

I also have a Garchomp in there, but it's not named because I got it in a trade. There's rarely thought behind the nicknames I give my Pokemon; I usually just throw letters together until it sounds decent XDD

My original Black team (all level 100 except one) is all nicknamed as well. There are two traded Pokemon in there with nicknames I didn't give them, but here are the ones I gave:

Kelladrie - female Chandelure
Saleyndra - female Zoroark
Khorri - male Samurott
Rekhumbria - Reshiram

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom