• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro scan reveals Generation V information: Starters, player characters, region r

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CoroCoro scan reveals Generation V information: Starters, player characters, regi

...then I guess there won't be a 6th Gen V pokemon revealed soon. T.T

30 days man. 30 days.

Re: CoroCoro scan reveals Generation V information: Starters, player characters, regi

That would be cool. While I think the region is actually part of another separate unnamed country and I don't argue that the city may be based off of New York, I doubt the actual countries are that far apart. They said you can take a boat or a plane. Would anyone nowadays really take a boat from Japan to New York?

If it is based off New York, I wonder if we'll get at least a reference to Surge. (But by now I'm also pretty convinced it's Hong Kong)

The trainers have a little too much hair for my liking, especially the girl; she has more hair than Goku in his Level 3 Super Saiyan form. :sweat:

And here I was hoping for the male protagonist to have actual long hair... *sigh*

I picked up the actual CoroCoro issue today.

One thing I noticed about the new batch of screens is that each pokemon has their own unique shadows on the battle screens. That's pretty cool.

Also, that big two-page picture of Hiun (pronounced Hee-oon) City has the three starters hidden in them. Tsutaaja's probably going to be the only one you can see in the scans; it's on the left side kinda near the staircase leading into the water.

There's also a two-page HGSS section titled "The Road to BW." In it, CoroCoro gives suggestions on ways to prepare for the upcoming title. In this issue, they suggest we go to the Safari Zone and pick up Fukamaru, Metamon, Jupetta, and Riolu.

Also, that big two-page picture of Hiun (pronounced Hee-oon) City has the three starters hidden in them. Tsutaaja's probably going to be the only one you can see in the scans; it's on the left side kinda near the staircase leading into the water.

There's also a two-page HGSS section titled "The Road to BW." In it, CoroCoro gives suggestions on ways to prepare for the upcoming title. In this issue, they suggest we go to the Safari Zone and pick up Fukamaru, Metamon, Jupetta, and Riolu.

So, Hiun City is the starting city of Gen V?

I picked up the actual CoroCoro issue today.

One thing I noticed about the new batch of screens is that each pokemon has their own unique shadows on the battle screens. That's pretty cool.

You live in Japan, or you ordered it online? D: 'cause that's kinda cool.

Unique shadows? Ooh, that's neat indeed!

Hiun City has the starters in it? D: Wow, would it be neat indeed to start not in some hick town, but out in the city?

So, I guess that means one CAN trade between DPPt-HGSS and BW!

Ditto? Is this a subtle way of saying Ditto will not be in this next region? I mean, I suppose I can understand Riolu and Gible (not so much Bannette, unless it's getting an evo or something), but saying we should pick up a ditto is odd.

Why would they tell us to bring those? That's weird.

Ditto gets evo. I claim the idea.

What would a Ditto evolve into?

It just seems like something random they said. Maybe the writers like those Pokemon?

Or maybe those Pokemon are considered powerful and thus you should obtain them and trade them to BW.

Gible/Riolu probably won't be in game, so breeding them with Ditto would be a good way to get trade fodder. Banette will hopefully get an evo. -crosses fingers-

Ditto could possibly just be for breeding purposes but maybe Banette is getting an evolution? I can't really think of what Ditto would evolve into if it is getting an evo though...

Yeah, I think their recommendations of Metamon is purely because it can breed with everything.

The others...I dunno. They could be hinting at new evolutions / pre-evolutions / branched evolutions, or they could just be saying that these four pokemon are cool and that's it.

Gible would make sense, seeing how late Ash got it. Just saying and all. Also I found pokabu in the art, its by the PC right?

It could be that the writer just likes the Pokemon specified. D: Gible's evolutions lead to a powerful Pokemon already, a pseudo-legendary. Does he need a branch-off evo?

Gible's evolutions lead to a powerful Pokemon already, a pseudo-legendary. Does he need a branch-off evo?

There has to be a reason why it would ask you to bring Gible though, not just for an alternate evolution (which seems extremely unlikely), that and the fact Ash got his pretty late makes me think so, of course, Gible could just be another Aipom.

It could be that the writer just likes the Pokemon specified. D: Gible's evolutions lead to a powerful Pokemon already, a pseudo-legendary. Does he need a branch-off evo?

Well that pseudo-legendary is currently banned from metagame and considered as a game breaker so yeah, they probably give it a watered down evolution or something, if they give it a split evolution that is.

A Ditto Evolution? please no.. It wouldn't make any Sense.
Also the Male and Female being more Mature (I think it was 16-18?)
I find it an awesome Idea since we last saw that in Pokemon Colosseum.
I am also 16, so it would fit :D

I thought they were going to be just slightly older, 13-14?
Btw, anyone else checked out Serebii.net? the aesthetic changes to battles sounds sweet, I can't wait to see it in action (I mean I knew that it would be animated, just not to this extent).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom