• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Dangan Ronpa/Zero Mafia ~ ENDGAME -Zetsubou ~ 10/25/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dangan Ronpa/Zero Mafia ~ Night 0 - Confirming! ~ 10/11/2013

Confirming!

Re: Dangan Ronpa/Zero Mafia ~ Day 1 - The Talk ~ 10/18/2013

The Talk - Day 1

Jin Kirigiri, the headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy called the most trustworthy to his office. Sad times have befallen the prestigous academy, said to guarantee success for those who graduate. "I have called you all here because you're the most trustworthy people to deal with the dangerous situation at hand," the headmaster told the students, most of which were worried about what could have happened. "Unfortunately, I can not tell why the situation is dire, but, I hope you cooperate nonetheless for the good of the school. Your lives will be in danger, but I promise you greatness if you help get rid of the problem. I know this may seem sudden to you, but if you do not help out everbody in this school might end up dying. Please do not panic, with your help we can avoid these deaths and help save the school." The determined look on the principal's face gave a lot of courage to the students, even those most doubtful. The promise of greatness and to help save many lives was very appealing, and as extremely talented students they were very capable as well.

Despair was what was in the school, the accident that happened due to it should be remained a secret at all cost, but the Despair were needed to be ridden of first, due to their plan of ending the school and all its glory.

1) @Ziмa
2) @Midorikawa;
3) @CrackFox
4) @Momoka;
5) @Pein;
6) @Froakie;
7) @Mijzelffan;
8) @Dark Kyriaki;
9) @Nytie

It is now Day 1. Phase will end at 10 PM GMT+1 on Sunday. This phase will last for 50 hours, and will be the only phase to not last for 24 hours.

Last edited:

It finally started!! :D

All right. With a game this small, there are probably two mafia members. That would approximately be a 22% chance of hitting a mafioso with a random lynch. I think it would be best if we went without a lynch so we can increase the chances of hitting one in the next day phase. We can risk it and make it up towards the end, but just to be safe, I will likely vote no lynch later on in this phase.

Lynching increases our chance of hitting mafia too.

Vote: CrackFox

Yes that is a random vote, inb4 anyone starts throwing accusations.

@Nytie; I can buy that your vote on me probably doesn't have much basis but I don't believe it is entirely random. Out of everyone you could have chosen to vote, my name stood out for some reason, please elaborate.

@HumanDawn; @FinalArcadia; My notification didn't work, I happed to stumble upon the thread and noticed it was active, just letting you know in case others aren't aware that the game has started.

@HumanDawn; @FinalArcadia; My notification didn't work, I happed to stumble upon the thread and noticed it was active, just letting you know in case others aren't aware that the game has started.

Ahhh, sorry! I didn't put in the ";". I'll fix that immediately.

Vote: Zima

I'd say it's worth the gamble. If we went with a no lynch this phase, it means we're going to have to wait till someone dies during the night to get any information. However, we may not get much info from a night kill, and in the event there's a successful doctor save and/or bp, we may not have any info at all and get stuck.

@Zima; NL is only good with discussion

VOTE: Dark Kyriaki

She stated that we should gamble yet went and tied the votes by voting Zima rather than CF

And yes I realize that I just did a three way tie but mine has basis

@Midorikawa; I voted Zima because she suggested NL. CrackFox was simply a random choice done by Nytie without reason (at least Nytie didn't state any reason yet).

If there are nine players and two of them are mafia, that leaves seven townies. There is an 78.8% chance of hitting a townie if we randomly lynch now. If the mafia get the first move, there will be a 25% chance of hitting a mafia member in the next day phase. That is slightly better than 22.2%. If we go with a lynch, we will have to be extra careful throughout the rest of the game.

Vote: No Lynch

@CrackFox; Your name was just the first one that popped into my head :I

If we don't lynch though, won't it still be the same on day 2? I mean, it's not like there is going to be any likely discussion from a night kill on night 1. I understand being cautious in order to not hit a townie, but it seems like we'll be doing the same thing on day 2 if we choose to not lynch day 1. Unless I'm missing some strategic plan.

@CrackFox; Your name was just the first one that popped into my head :I

I'm not sure if we've ever played a game together but if we have, you might know me as a scummy player, that's because I have been getting a lot of scum roles lately, much to my dismay.

I'd advise against a no lynch. Momoka is right, skipping a day phase just because we can is pointless, we'll be in the same situation next day phase with no leads and nothing to go on really. Lynching a townie would obviously be bad but at least it might prove provactive of some kind of insight or leads to follow up on. Of course there's always the chance we'll get lucky and lynch a mafia anyway.

In terms of voting, since this phase is so long there isn't a big hurry to decide so I wont right now.

@CrackFox; 48 hours isn't actually that much when the game is inactive
@Dark Kyriaki; you say that you are voting Zima for supporting no lynch which means you seriously voted her.However nothing is scummy about that and it looks more like you are just looking for an easy lynch.

@Midorikawa; Out of the nine players in this game, only Zima had some reason to be voted. The others were simply the generic first day posts - Nytie choosing someone randomly, and Crackfox asking about the vote - or hasn't posted at all yet.

If I were looking for an easy lynch, I would've voted CrackFox instead and make it two votes.

If I were looking for an easy lynch, I would've voted CrackFox instead and make it two votes.

Not necessarily, as always in mafia games you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. If you had voted for me after Nytie's vote you may have attracted attention for jumping on the bandwagon and also faced confrontation from me who naturally doesn't want to be lynched. Those are two reasons why voting for me might not amount to an 'easy' vote.

I don't see anything particularly scummy about wanting a no lynch. I've seen Zima in favour of one many times before. Hypothetically if I was scum I would only really suggest such a thing if it looked likely that I or my team might be targetted, otherwise I wouldn't want to pass up the chance of townies depleting their own numbers and making my life easier for me. That's the thought process i'd have anyway, i'm sure there's different angles. Why does suggesting a NL seem scummy to you?

@CrackFox; Momoka mostly clarified it, but if we no lynch this phase, and wait for the next day phase, the worst case scenario we might not get any information available for more discussion. I probably did a similar post in another game some time ago, but here's what I've said:

In the case we NL Day 1...
1. Someone dies during the night
- If it was someone who participated during the day, then we MIGHT get information. But, this is a big MIGHT.
- If it was someone who didn't participate in the Day 1 discussion, then we might have less information. The only thing we can deduce from this is that mafia are likely going after inactives to try and target a power role lurking.

2. Someone doesn't die during the night.
- It could be a successful doc save, a bp, or a commuter. But, what if, it was in fact inactive mafia? Or maybe mafia didn't send in a kill deliberately to put town in confusion? What information could we get here?

Even if there were a successful cop check during the night, would the cop dare out themselves? How would they relay the information when they got mafia? Even if they out in public and ask for the doc to be on them, if the doc was inactive...

Worst case: The cop dies by chance. Then what?

There's just so much negative possibilities on not being able to get information if we don't lynch Day 1.

@Dark Kyriaki; No I completely agree, a no lynch is a waste of an opportunity. I'm just unsure why suggesting it makes Zima worthy of a vote. As you said, as far as you're concerned, if it's about placing a vote randomly then you could have gone with me but you chose Zima specifically for her actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom