• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DEBATE!!! Best match for Satoshi (Ash)?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think of Ash and Pikachu as best friends until the end but thanks for the defenetion

Did any one say Aoi for Ash? I think she's the best match. She can straighten him up if he's sassay with her LOL. Plus hints galor...Problem is, will she keep returning? If so yes.

I'm inclined towards Misty, if only because of her fiery tones that are wrought with enough tension, passion, and contrasting delicacy and sensitivity. I think she would make for a very good match for someone as ardently passionate as Ash. I don't feel neither May nor Dawn are bad nor paltry characters but I just see them keeping on with different things than Ash does, and I also think they're inherently different by their very nature. Both May and Dawn don't seem to be quite on the same wavelength when it comes to focus and determination as Ash is. Again, Misty would match those qualities. Plus, I don't see May as much more than a product of her family and Dawn just seems to be pulling in a very divergent direction.

Misty's dynamic persona (calm, amicable streaks and sudden consternation in overtones... and hot tempers that become subtly apparent through building undertones) compliments Ash's passionate nature (and it complimented Ash's naivety in the earlier seasons as well, which as a byproduct of that furthered good interaction with other characters by my eyes). That is, early on - Misty becomes so overused and reduced later on that she surmounts to little else besides repetitive background for Ash (as well as Brock and the rest of her time taking part in the main cast forthwith). By my eyes. Misty also seems to be, like Ash, and despite having a favoritism towards water Pokémon, a much more assertive Pokémon trainer (being a gym leader and what have you) by comparison to May or Dawn. Misty and Ash rile each other up into hot quarrels rather easily but I think that's a rather complimenting thing with two characters that are so strong-willed. They're catalysts for one to the other. It at least allows them to sustain their relationship so it won't be dulled too easily. And, of course, at least in the dub (however valid that may be), Misty has shown many hints at having an underlying romantic interest in Ash (but she's clearly too reticent and tenacious to ever openly admit to that).

Though, that aside, Ash hasn't displayed neither hide nor hair of romantic interest outside of a fleeting interest in Giselle, in Episode 9. And that only lasted as long as Ash's gander at her photo did, so I'm guessing that was only added for the sheer sake of comedic flair or something of the sort. Though, that's not to say I don't feel Ash and Misty would still make a good match - regardless, I feel he's best suited given that she can match his great passions (in spite of Misty's tendency of calming Ash whilst he's too stimulated). Gary is very passionate as well (though he was initially a lot more arrogant... Ash was arrogant as well by nature, but not in a haughty sense of the word as Gary was by my eyes) but Ash just doesn't seem to take well to him (that is, even if we're speaking on sheer friendship terms). Paul and Drew have been little else but carbon copies of Gary in my eyes, and when it comes to just being friends I'd say Ash and Ritchie are great in tow (both are passionate but one is calm and modest and the other hyper focused and very determined). As for Brock, he's too much of a trite background these days for me to have anything to say on him. IMO. Still, I don't think anyone brings out the best of Ash like Misty. So... in closing, yeah, I'd have to say Misty.

(PS - by the by, when it comes to shipping with Pokémon, I just see Ash and Pikachu's relationship as has been described - best friends. Bayleef has a crush and Ash seems to be fine with that if he's observed such, but I feel the anime is fine as it is when in regards to Ash and those kinds of shippings...)

Last edited:
I'm not a Pokéshipper anymore. Now I like... Palletshipping!

I feel so weird. I've never told anyone that before.

Well, I don't like pokéshipping because I finally realize that most hints were just created for the dub. I wonder why they did that.

The hints that were given in this thread (for palletshipping) seemed pretty valid to me. Also, I remember watching this episode (of the English dub) called "Playing With Fire". Satoshi was fighting in the Jouto league. There was one part where Satoshi was thinking in his head: "Just watch me, Gary [Shigeru]. I'm gonna win this, for the both of us". Or something like that. I think that was very good hint!

The female character with which Ash has fought the least is May. Their only major argument was in 'The Bicker the Better'. So believe that Ash will get along the best with May.

The number of arguments Ash has had with Misty is far too great for a healthy realationship.

I will not comment on D/P saga as i have not seen any episode of it.

Anyway, thats only my opinion

I don't have a problem with your answer

But I think he should be with the girl in Pokemon The Movie 2000 the one who was dancing and playing a shell piccolo at the festival of the chosen one

And I think he should be with the girl that he worked together at school with and defended agianst Aoi's parents. But you know that's me and I respect your opinion two, I mean why can't shippers get along yah know? We can like two different kinds of ships and be friends can't we?

Yes and now Damion might be a choice in this thread or the rival in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Yes and now Damion might be a choice in this thread or the rival in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Ugh, I dont see why. Jun's craziness would result in Ash having to become even more mature to balance it out, and everybody hates mature Ash...

To be honest I don't know why people are saying that, really.

After watching the episode it seemed more like it was (one-sided) Jun/Shinji, seriously.

...At least, that's the impression I got. .__.;

Ugh, I dont see why. Jun's craziness would result in Ash having to become even more mature to balance it out, and everybody hates mature Ash...

I know a lot of people who like mature Ash. Some people don't becuase they miss Kanto Ash, but there are people who like that side of him. He doesn't go rushing into things. I liked both personally but this isn't the topic for that. I really liked the Aoi/Ash moments like with the snease at the end of the latest episode and Aoi's parents accepting him as there son in law.

Since this old topic is dusted off again, I'd put in my words. I think Angie would match him best. They had some cute moments together, and she has a similar personality. They both like sleeping and eating a lot and are fierce Pokémon trainers as well. Go girl! Get him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom