• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

So, what do you folks think of Kotetsu from the newest couple of Japanese episodes? I don't particularly care for him. It's like they tried to do what they did with Barry, but it didn't work as well this time. I really try to avoid attacks against certain characters of any anime; even as my colleagues make lists of their most hated, or devote several videos to bashing just one. To me, if I criticize a character; they have to deserve it. That said, I don't like Kotetsu all that much. He feels like he should be in a completely different anime, and just feels out of place in Pokémon.

Oh, all right. I saw the dub of the gym battle with Brycen, and they really ramped up the Bruce Lee-like elements of his character. He seemed mellower in the games, but two of his Pokémon being sent into battle were signaled by a Kiai! Kiai - Television Tropes & Idioms
After this, I'm personally wondering how they'll handle Pinot Noir next week. I mean, Sommeliers became Connoisseurs, Cabernet became Burgundy, so what do you all think Pinot Noir will become? Jean Philip? I also found it funny in the Japanese version how Burgundy was the one to "blast off."

This isn't a chat thread. It's a thread about Dogasu's site only. If you want to talk about the dub episode, go to that review thread. Stop talking about other things.

Dogasu said:
This could have been translated directly without any problems, but I guess the dub didn't feel like it?

When have they ever felt like translating non-serious Team Rocket's dialogue accurately?

Dogasu said:
Later, the Rocket trio

Force of habit? :p

Dogasu said:
Nyasu doesn't blame Mijumaru for their predicament in the Japanese version;

Nyasu isn't all like "screw those guys" the way he is in the dub.

Well you expect TPCi to not have Meowth act like an asshole, can you?

I bet TPCi is crossing their fingers that the TRio goes back to being goofy after the upcoming two-parter. I'm sure they've thought up plenty of ways they can hate each other that they've just been dying to use.

OK. First, Musashi, I'd like to apologize for my behavior a couple nights ago. I didn't know you were an administrator, and I should not have let myself go wild all over these forums.
Second, Dogasu, nice job on the new recap; though I may have to disagree with you on the quality of the episode. I found it to be a fun little romp. I also find it funny that Nintendo and Game Freak are trying to appeal to a gross-out factor in with some of the new Pokémon. I mean, Cubchoo gets its ice powers from its boogers, Trubbish and Garbodor are sentient trash. I guess that's what happens when you litter in the Pokémon world.

At long last, the reason most of us visit the Dogasu site! :yahoo:

Though I'm kinda disapointed he didn't say something that Cliff was voiced by Yamcha! Freaked me out when I watched this episode! :lol:
(it's too bad Ghetsis never got to be in the Anime, because Chris would've been a good one to voice him using the King Piccolo/P-Daimao voice. That would've been cool)

Dogasu said:
This could have been translated directly without any problems, but I guess the dub didn't feel like it?

When have they ever felt like translating non-serious Team Rocket's dialogue accurately?

Dogasu said:
Later, the Rocket trio

Force of habit? :p

Dogasu said:
Nyasu doesn't blame Mijumaru for their predicament in the Japanese version;

Nyasu isn't all like "screw those guys" the way he is in the dub.

Well you expect TPCi to not have Meowth act like an asshole, can you?

I bet TPCi is crossing their fingers that the TRio goes back to being goofy after the upcoming two-parter. I'm sure they've thought up plenty of ways they can hate each other that they've just been dying to use.

Ya see, this why I'm happy the Trio are the way they they are now. It's forced TPCi to actually translate their dialogue iinstead of having them spout obnoxious crap that makes it impossible to take them seriously or even understand them and makes them bigger whiners/idiots/jerks than they really are.

A lot of people may miss how they were, but not me. Since I've very seldom been able to see the Japaness version of Pokemon (where the they really are more tolerable), I lost nothing and gained some MUCH better villains (especially with poor Team Plasma swept under the rug). Granted, they may not have improved too much, but now I no longer dread their scenes & want them dead and actually look forward to seeing them (welcome to Bizarro World! :dizzy:).

I hope they stay this way as long as possible so I won't have to suffer through them speaking Badpunese EVER AGAIN

Ya see, this why I'm happy the Trio are the way they they are now. It's forced TPCi to actually translate their dialogue iinstead of having them spout obnoxious crap that makes it impossible to take them seriously or even understand them and makes them bigger whiners/idiots/jerks than they really are.

A lot of people may miss how they were, but not me. Since I've very seldom been able to see the Japaness version of Pokemon (where the they really are more tolerable), I lost nothing and gained some MUCH better villains (especially with poor Team Plasma swept under the rug). Granted, they may not have improved too much, but now I no longer dread their scenes & want them dead and actually look forward to seeing them (welcome to Bizarro World! :dizzy:).

I hope they stay this way as long as possible so I won't have to suffer through them speaking Badpunese EVER AGAIN

They were supposed to be taken seriously before the dialogue changes?

^ Exactly.

Making them look even worse at being bad guys than they already are is one thing, but there's no excuse for practically dehumanizing them...

Eitarou said:
They were supposed to be taken seriously before the dialogue changes?

Are you implying that a trio of comedic relief villains based on a combination of the goofball bad guys from the Time Bokan series (Musashi & Kojirou), Shudou Takeshi's girlfriend (Musashi), and Muttley the dog from Wacky Races (Nyasu) weren't meant to be taken seriously!?

Next you're going to try to tell me that Takeshi likes girls.

Yeah, they were only designed to be the most interesting characters in the show (and weren't supposed to be based on the Time Bokan characters). Why take them seriously? :rolleyes:

I realize I may be in a minority when I say this, but I like the dark turn Team Rocket took in Best Wishes. I like the comedic Team Rocket as much as the next guy, but I just give a point to the new Team Rocket for being better villains.

So Dogasu, you don't like Vic Mignogna doing Keldeo? I liked the idea that Broly is now playing the Sword of Justice, and most people I talked to were in favor of Edward Elric doing his voice. I'll tune in for Kurz Weber delivering his lines as a Water and Fighting Unicorn with such gusto. Obito.

Back
Top Bottom