• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Wow, they edited the faced, arms and hands,but her face was mostly the problem. But yeah I do admire how much work went into this.

They did a really good job with the edits. I wonder if this version will be used for all later airings around the world.

They did a really good job with the edits. I wonder if this version will be used for all later airings around the world.

In terms of english speaking countries and others probably not since the episode would have to be edited by the dubbers to be consistant with the original dub edits. And also the episode and some other kanto era episodes rarely air currently.

Howdy folks. I pre-ordered the DVD of the second volume of Pokémon Black and White on Amazon; it's expected to ship later this month. It's funny that Viz took so long to get the Diamond and Pearl sets out, but they seem to be really gung-ho to get the Black and White sets out (I just found out the second set was getting ready for pre-order around the time I got the first set). Also, Pokémon X and Y has a lot of people geeking out even a week later. If you want to talk about it, go ahead and do that if you wish (I know I will).

From Dogasu's New Years predictions on his homepage:

I think 2012 will be the year The Rocket-Dan vs. The Plasma-Dan two-parter airs. Otherwise, they might as well not even bother airing them at all. They'll probably be heavily edited to retcon them into the second half of the series, but at least they'll air.

No, but maybe they'll air during Episode N? in 2013?

....And you didn't update your timeline of events related to the two-parter with the most obvious indication of that guess being correct: the scene in the new opening?

....And you didn't update your timeline of events related to the two-parter with the most obvious indication of that guess being correct: the scene in the new opening?

I dunno...I'd say it's not so much as they're actually going to air that 2-parter as much as they're recycling elements from it :-/

Last edited:
^^ I think that's the case too. :( We would probably see some scraps of the episode being recycled but the episodes probably may never see the light of day.

I can't believe that I had hope for them airing. :'( But I understand why.

Objection Man said:

The post you're quoting was made more than two weeks before the new opening debuted. How was I supposed to know that it was going to feature scenes of the skipped two parter?

The post you're quoting was made more than two weeks before the new opening debuted. How was I supposed to know that it was going to feature scenes of the skipped two parter?

Oh, my apologies. Still, now that you know, you can update the timeline (you also need to correct the "August 4th" mistake when talking about the (false) Team Rocket finale --- it should say "October 4th". XD)

I dunno...I'd say it's not so much as they're actually going to air that 2-parter as much as they're recycling elements from it :-/

You do realize that, with all the time the production team has had, rewriting parts of the 2-parter so that it fits into the current timeframe and reanimating all shots of the Plasma grunts would be far from a stretch?

You do realize that, with all the time the production team has had, rewriting parts of the 2-parter so that it fits into the current timeframe and reanimating all shots of the Plasma grunts would be far from a stretch?

Not exactly, but I think you're forgetting the Onix in the room that is a problem: the meteor powerd seismic wave super weapon.

That is what had the 2 parter banned. NO ONE in Japan sure as hell wanted to see Hiun/Castelia damaged by seismic waves after such a great tragedy caused by seismic activity then and I highly doubt they'll want to see it now. It hasn't even been a full two years and time has not healed those wounds. It will take very, very, very long time for them to :bawl:

Replacing old TP grunts with news ones, the Trio's outfits, re-recoloring scenes reused since, Peirce, Krocky Smalls and even Pokemon who've evolved/added since then aren't the problem fitting the 2-parter into where the show is now. It's that super weapon. I doubt anyone was killed and the damage wasn't as bad as it was the real world (heck, everything looked just fine in the Arti battle and fishing conest episodes), but seeing a major city trashed by seismic waves is likely still too much for the folks of Japan and will be so for years to come :-(

If they can find a way around that, so much the better. But replacing planned story elements with completely new ones isn't even an issue compared to inadvertenly bringing back painful memories of the worst thing to happen to Japan in years.

There. I said my piece.

Last edited:
Sure Team Plasma is going to be in the anime, but I fail to see how this means the two-part Plasma VS Rocket episodes will be aired now.

Jessie, James and Meowth may be back, but Giovanni went back to Kanto and he had a big role in the skipped episodes. Not to mention Team Plasma now has new uniforms and Ask and Co. don't have the same teams as back in BW022.

I believe we will get a climatic battle with Team Plasma in "Episode of N" but I do not believe we will be seeing the unaired episodes anytime soon.

Well, I am personally looking forward to seeing N and Plasma in the anime. I don't know about the Team Rocket Vs. Team Plasma two-parter airing, but this reworking of elements from it could work.

My thoughts on your predictions, @Dogasu

I predict that Pocket Monsters X and Y will come out in Japan on October 12th, 2013. Why? Well, video games typically come out on Saturdays in Japan, and October 12th is the first day of a three day weekend (that Monday is Tai'iku no Hi, which you often see translated as "Sports Day"). Kids will therefore not have school on Monday, making that the perfect time to release a new video game. I think the U.S. will get the games on Tuesday, October 15th.

I don't know much about Japanese holidays and such, but I guess this is true. I'm wondering, since the U.S. release will be in October as well, do you think there's a chance the US might get it a few days before Japan, like how we get Mario and Zelda games on occasion before Japan?

I don't want to get into too many X & Y predictions because I'd be here all day if I do, so I'll just make one more: I think Generation VI will be the first generation to not have all its pokemon spoiled on day one. The 3DS' ability to do DLC means Game Freak can leave the data for the legendaries off the actual carts themselves and have them added in later, enabling them to actually keep the secret pokemon a secret this time around.
Yes, I think they'll go this route...they might have placeholders, giving us an idea of how many future Legendaries we'll get, but I think we won't have any idea of what these Pokemon will look like, or even their stats. It'd be interesting if they then fill the game with plenty of little hints at what these Pokemon might be to tease players.

I think we'll get one more side game before X & Y come out in October. Eleven months without a single Pokemon game is a long time, so I'm thinking they'll announce - and then release - a new side game between now and then. Perhaps a Pokemon Ranger 3DS which will also have some legendary pokemon egg that you'll be able to transfer to your X & Y games later on?

Seems a possibility, as I imagine, besides Movie 16 news, CoroCoro will probably hold off on actual X/Y News for awhile since it's so far away. I'd LOVE a Gen V Ranger game, but I also think a new "Pikachu Series" (Hey You, Channel, PokePark, that kind of game) for the Wii U would be an interesting side-division as well. The cynic in me says it'll be a "complete" version of Magnagate with the rest of the Pokemon added to it, and the even more cynical part of me says they'll add more, but now all 649.

So, what's going to happen in (deep breath) Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! Season 2 Episode N? Well...it's kind of hard to say. We'll see Satoshi's Lizardon come back before July (because of the movie) and the whole thing will end at the White Ruins, but other than that? Um...I think Charbu will evolve into Emboar, as redundant as having two fully evolved Fire-Types on his team will be?
I think Boldore might evolve, personally. Just because it seems like it'll be used a decent amount against Team Plasma, and Gigalith rocks.

I think "The Rocket-Dan vs. The Plasma-Dan" will air, in some form, later this year.
The Genesect film appears to be taking place in a city, and the OP makes the city look like the one we saw in Team Plasma previews. What if they basically took the basic plot of that episode and transformed it into a feature film? Sure, they can't just transfer the anime footage into movie footage, but what if they took the basic plot and storyboard, expanded it somewhat, and turned it into a non-canon theatrical event? This is a stupid idea, I know, lol.

Iris and Dent will have their farewells and will not go to the X and Y series. Iris will return to Souryuu City and become a Gym Leader while Dent goes back to the Sanyou City Gym to be with his brothers. Hopefully, hopefully they'll both get a full episode to themselves, but after the way they handled Takeshi's departure back in DP I'm not holding my breath.

I think Iris and Dent could pull off another region myself (I think they're the best parts of Best Wishes...not exactly an honor), since they're the new Brock and Misty. Sure, they'd probably grow stale, but so would any new character after awhile. If we do get new characters, I'd like to see them shake things up this time somehow...no more Gym Leaders as traveling companions, and no using the female protagonist, I want something more unexpected.

Satoshi and Pikachu will stay for the new series. Obviously.
I'd like to see them work Pikachu's regular power-down into the plot this time. I thought they were doing that with Zekrom absorbing his power in BW1, but nope. I also hope they make Ash a bit more confident (Unova was worse than Kanto), and I would love if they went back to the old eyes.

The Rocket-Dan, on the other hand...that's kind of 50/50. I'm leaning toward them being written out at the end of BW (and for real this time...none of that "Don't miss the Rocket-Dan's final battle!" bullcrap from before), though, because there doesn't really seem to be any point in keeping the trio around anymore.
Drop Jessie and James, like have them work as Interpol with Handsome, and you could have them cameo when big plots go down.
Have Meowth JOIN the twerps. Seriously. You'd open up some new interesting plots as Meowth could help give new depth to the Pokemon (reflecting the bonding feature in XY?), and he'd be a fun, "bad good guy" character. It'd be fun, really. The Nyagotiator Arc was great.

An all-new Generation VI pokemon will be teased at the end of the Genosect movie, just like how Victini was teased at the end of the Zorro'ark one back in 2010.
Yup. Do you think we'll have a new Pokemon within the film itself?

I predict that Pocket Monsters X and Y will come out in Japan on October 12th, 2013. Why? Well, video games typically come out on Saturdays in Japan, and October 12th is the first day of a three day weekend (that Monday is Tai'iku no Hi, which you often see translated as "Sports Day"). Kids will therefore not have school on Monday, making that the perfect time to release a new video game. I think the U.S. will get the games on Tuesday, October 15th.

Sounds good. You know more about these kinds of things than I do. The fact they have Americanb names ready before the game is released signals Gen 6 will be the fastest games to get out Japan.

I don't want to get into too many X & Y predictions because I'd be here all day if I do, so I'll just make one more: I think Generation VI will be the first generation to not have all its pokemon spoiled on day one. The 3DS' ability to do DLC means Game Freak can leave the data for the legendaries off the actual carts themselves and have them added in later, enabling them to actually keep the secret pokemon a secret this time around.

Would be interesting to the Event Legendaries to sneak up on us and us not see it coming for miles, wouldn't it.

I think we'll get one more side game before X & Y come out in October. Eleven months without a single Pokemon game is a long time, so I'm thinking they'll announce - and then release - a new side game between now and then. Perhaps a Pokemon Ranger 3DS which will also have some legendary pokemon egg that you'll be able to transfer to your X & Y games later on?

Most of a year IS along time to go without a Pokemon game of some sort, ain't it?

I'm hoping a Ranger game too. Those are a breath of fresh air and it would give the Producers and excuse to have one appear on the show (always interesting)

So, what's going to happen in (deep breath) Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! Season 2 Episode N? Well...it's kind of hard to say. We'll see Satoshi's Lizardon come back before July (because of the movie) and the whole thing will end at the White Ruins, but other than that? Um...I think Charbu will evolve into Emboar, as redundant as having two fully evolved Fire-Types on his team will be?

Who can say what kind of wackiness can happen when you throw in returning Pokes, guest villains, and Big Events! Though since the other fire starters ended up fully evolved...

I think "The Rocket-Dan vs. The Plasma-Dan" will air, in some form, later this year.

As I said earlier in this thread, I suspect they'll just recycle the better story elements instead.

Iris and Dent will have their farewells and will not go to the X and Y series. Iris will return to Souryuu City and become a Gym Leader while Dent goes back to the Sanyou City Gym to be with his brothers. Hopefully, hopefully they'll both get a full episode to themselves, but after the way they handled Takeshi's departure back in DP I'm not holding my breath.

And good riddance!

Satoshi and Pikachu will stay for the new series. Obviously.

Unfortunately :-( Let's just hope he isn't the insufferable, nigh-dispicable idiot he's been for most of BW next reigon...

The Rocket-Dan, on the other hand...that's kind of 50/50. I'm leaning toward them being written out at the end of BW (and for real this time...none of that "Don't miss the Rocket-Dan's final battle!" bullcrap from before), though, because there doesn't really seem to be any point in keeping the trio around anymore.

Heck, they've BEEN needing to go for years. There are plenty of sources for antagony & comic relief in PokeWorld without using people from a (sadly) long irrelevant villain team who should've left a long, long time ago.

An all-new Generation VI pokemon will be teased at the end of the Genosect movie, just like how Victini was teased at the end of the Zorro'ark one back in 2010.

Shot, chances are they may well shoe-horn a Gen Sixer into the movie for the hell of it...

Last edited:
Little did Dogasu know that most of BW would be a chore to sit through...

And seriously, what IS up with Snivy not getting a new move since her introduction :confused:
Poor kid will end up being the most underdeveloped (both ways!) Grass type Ash has ever had...

And its kinda sad to look back and see that they had big plans for BW that never came through :-(

Last edited:
Hey guys, I've been off for a few weeks. First of all, I'm very excited for Pokémon X and Y. I plan to trade in my old DS Lite towards a 3DS once I beat the league in Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (the PWT with the past trainers can wait). Now, Dogasu, I'm sorry you didn't like Snivy Plays Hard to Catch. I didn't really think about how the basic moves haven't changed for Snivy; but I am also very weirded out by re-watching these episodes on the DVDs I bought and realizing that the plot of Best Wishes had to be completely rewritten and the Rocket Vs. Plasma episodes most likely having their concepts redone for Episode N. However, any disaster tends to do things to TV shows, and anime is no exception (I mentioned before that Puella Magi Madoka Magica was delayed as well due to the disaster in Tohoku). As for the future of the rest of Pokémon, I wouldn't mind another one of the Pikachu games for Wii U; and I'm taking the future of the show in stride. I am old enough to remember when people dismissed this series as a fad, after all.

Back
Top Bottom