• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Domino Shipping

Giovanni Sakaki

Reaction score
I don't think there's a thread for her like this already and I don't know if I'm even allowed, but oh well, lol.

Domino is my favourite human from Pokemon, and I was wondering if anyone else supported ships involving her. Who do you ship The Black Tulip with, and how do you think their relationship would be?

You always make such awesome threads. <3

Hmmmm so many choices, but here are my top three:

Commandshipping: (Giovanni) It's hard to top the theory you told me, but in one of my HCs Giovanni has like 10-20 kids with various woman and still has something going on with Domino. Giovanni is in it for the sex mostly. However, he does recognize Domino's potential as an agent and considers her to be among his best. Not to mention he feels some sort of connection to her, since she's more directly involved with him at work.

Innuendoshipping/PewtwerTulipshipping: (Brock) I could see this starting out as Domino going undercover to investigate the Pewter Gym or something else involving one of the twerps, and to get closer to the group she got close to Brock and acted interested in him. After that, it could be anywhere from being a total act on her part and completely crushing the poor guy, to him being aware of her plot and playing along, or to Domino's feelings becoming a reality and putting her into conflict with the man she loves and her duties as an agent.

Skillshipping: (Ash) If I take the Diamondshipping-is-still-going-on-and-Gio-is-Ash's-Dad theory, I could see Giovanni pushing for this ship so that he gets kickass agent grandkids. Or maybe Ash reaches some high position in the League or whatever and Domino blackmails him, saying she'll spill the beans on who his daddy is and get him kicked out if he doesn't comply with her wishes. Or or one of them could genuinely switch sides and fall in love with the other.

So yeah, none of these are set, they change to fit whatever mood I'm in/however I want to torture the characters. Sorry they're not the most coherent. ^^; With so many possibilities it seems like a waste to stick with one set HC.

I ship her with Giovanni.

You commandship too?? That's great news. I don't really want to go into detail about how I think their relationship was because I'd be typing all night. But it's very complicated. It spanned much of Domino's life in my mind and was very conflicted. They were both drawn to each other magnetically for different reasons when she was a young girl. She was somewhat crooked to begin with, seeking personal power and a strong male figure in place of her biological father, and he wanted someone he could completely control so they couldn't do anything unpredictable or hurt him (long story), yet had innate strength he could tap into (because he hates weakness).

You always make such awesome threads. <3

Thank you very much :)

Commandshipping: (Giovanni) It's hard to top the theory you told me, but in one of my HCs Giovanni has like 10-20 kids with various woman and still has something going on with Domino

Oh awesome, yes I definitely subscribe to the thing of him having many kids (most of them around Ash's to Brock's age from when he was in his mid twenties)! I think three of Giovanni's favourite things are alcohol, exercise, and sex. All three are great on their own to him but they also have something in common: they help him get to sleep. I think he has bad insomnia for various reasons.. it explains why he frowns so much, gets bad headaches and is grumpy all the time.

Last edited:
My favorite ship with her is with Vicious, although I can't see it ending well what with him being a traitor and all.

Very true, although there's a possibility that they could do what SystemAurora wrote them doing and desert the Team for a new joint crime venture. Vicious' ambitions are really high but I think Domino wouldn't betray the Team unless there was something great in it for herself.

Despite being an Attila/Hun shipper, I was tricked into supporting Hun/Domino, as well. It's cute, and I don't even remember what I like about it anymore. I just do.

I don't support Commandshipping, because honestly it skeeves me out a little and I feel too much of a connection to her (she was a major role model to me in high school while I was dealing with some nasty bullying) to be okay shipping her that way. I do personally think Giovanni is a father figure to her in a lot of ways and they have a deep professional relationship, but nothing deeper than that.

I actually invented Innuendoshipping, though nowadays I ship her with Mondo because they're a super-cute (even moe) couple and I can easily see her in a mentor role to Mondo, eventually in love with him. It's fluffy and stupid but I love it and the possibilities for fics.

Despite being an Attila/Hun shipper, I was tricked into supporting Hun/Domino, as well. It's cute, and I don't even remember what I like about it anymore. I just do.

It is kinda adorable. They're both blonde and their personalities seem to work together.

I don't support Commandshipping, because honestly it skeeves me out a little and I feel too much of a connection to her (she was a major role model to me in high school while I was dealing with some nasty bullying) to be okay shipping her that way. I do personally think Giovanni is a father figure to her in a lot of ways and they have a deep professional relationship, but nothing deeper than that.

I actually invented Innuendoshipping, though nowadays I ship her with Mondo because they're a super-cute (even moe) couple and I can easily see her in a mentor role to Mondo, eventually in love with him. It's fluffy and stupid but I love it and the possibilities for fics.
I could see it going that way as well, it's a great take on their relationship.

You invented it? Much love for you then.

And crap, I forgot about Mondo. Like it for basically all the same reasons you do. Brings my total of Domino ships up to four.

Hun is Bashou. You mean Attila/Buson.

Bashou x Domino doesn't seem like it'd work, Bashou is too calm and not a loudmouth like Buson. So I guess I ship Domino and Buson in that case.

you know as well as anyone I didn't bother to memorize the dub names of Bashou and Buson

I think Domino/Mondo is really cute! As Nekusagi said, I could see her being a mentor to him. I think Mondo would fall in love with her quite easily.

im the only one who is gonna say this....i ship her with proton.
KISMESIS SHIPPING FTW!

I have a strong connection with Domino and Giovanni too. I can identify with aspects of her personality and some of the things I believe she felt and experienced. I think about their lives a lot, and since I got back into Pokemon, I've been able to heal myself and my world has expanded.

My life began to derail when I was about twelve, but since I started writing about her, Giovanni, Team Rocket and Pokemon (the first time I've written seriously since I was a child), I've become myself again. I feel like my child self but at the same time, I am on my journey towards understanding and adulthood.

I think it's wonderful that Domino was a role model to you in that way. I live in a pretty far away part of the world - it's interesting to think about you thinking about her years ago and on the other side of the world. People are connected to each other in strange ways IMO. I'm glad you're out of high school, though.

How do you think Domino's true father was like?

What is Innuendoshipping?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom