• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP 71-72 - aren't included in season 11 ?

Piplup

XY
Reaction score
In season 9 the English version aired the Ranger episodes earlier to promote the game (but the episodes were still officialy in the right order in re airings, DVD release and when other countries got the season)

With the same logic, must of us assume they do the same now and skipped the new Ranger episodes until the game's release
But the official site counts Chingling's episode as 1118 and the Dustox episode as 1119

So if that isn't a mistake it means one of two things- either they officialy changed the episodes' order (which they never did before and isn't likely to happen) or they decided not to include these episodes in the season and instead release them as a "movie"/"special"/something

If that's the case than here in Israel (and any other county who get the English version) we won't get to see these episodes
I thought some might be interested to know that... It's really sad since these were great episodes
It's still possible the official site made a mistake or that the episodes order was changed but I don't think it's likely

This wouldn't be the first time this has happened. "Princess vs. Princess" and "The Purr-fect Hero" should have been Season 1 episodes but were instead pushed back. Quite a few of the Chronicles episodes (mainly the Meowth-focused ones) are out-of-order as well.

It could also just be a simple oversight on the official site that'll be corrected when the episodes do air.

This wouldn't be the first time this has happened. "Princess vs. Princess" and "The Purr-fect Hero" should have been Season 1 episodes but were instead pushed back.

I thought these episodes aired in a wrong order even in the Japanese version itself like the snow episodes and the dub simply didn't try to fix it... maybe I'm wrong

Quite a few of the Chronicles episodes (mainly the Meowth-focused ones) are out-of-order as well.

Chronicles is different
It was more of a collection of random episodes which didn't really have anything to do with each other and it wasn't -that- important to keep them in order (but I agree they still should have kept them in order)
Not to mention 4Kids did their best to destroy Chronicles as much as they could... in the regular show they didn't use to randomly change the episodes order (and Taj/Duart also never changed the order of episodes)

It could also just be a simple oversight on the official site that'll be corrected when the episodes do air.

I hope so

Piplup said:
I thought these episodes aired in a wrong order even in the Japanese version itself like the snow episodes and the dub simply didn't try to fix it... maybe I'm wrong

Nope.

In Japan, "Fierce Fighting! Pokemon Girl's Day" ("Princess vs. Princess") and "It's Children's Day, Everyone Gather" ("The Purr-fect Hero") aired between "Fushigidane's Mysterious Flower Garden" ("Bulbasaur's Myseterious Garden") and "Guardie the Police Dog" ("The Case of the K9 Caper"). In the US, they don't air until after "The Ultimate Test."

The theory I've heard for the delay in the episodes is because 4Kids couldn't finish editing "Princess vs. Princess" in time for it to be included in Season 1. So, the episode (as well as the episode after it) got shifted to Season 2.

Likely as soon as Ranger 2 comes out here. Probably before BD ends, though, since it's slated for November.

there's also the sliht possablity they are going to be banned after all this is one of the only episodes where a villian tries to seriously kill ash. and hunter j tried to kill him 3 times or am i thinking of a different episode then your talking about?

Woho!

The first part has been subbed, and the second is on the way (at least I think so..).

So no need to wait for the damned dub, which surely is going to butcher this special anyway.

That's your opinion
Others who do care about the English version or get their version dubbed from the English version- probably wanted to know that

there's also the sliht possablity they are going to be banned after all this is one of the only episodes where a villian tries to seriously kill ash. and hunter j tried to kill him 3 times or am i thinking of a different episode then your talking about?

They could just slap a TV-PG rating on it for violence. Naruto lost no popularity by having a TV-PG rating every episode.

They didn't ban the Death Note finale for being too violent. They just bumped up the rating.

They didn't ban the Death Note finale for being too violent. They just bumped up the rating.

Adult Swim is not the same as Cartoon Network.

There's mo way Pokemon would ever be TV-PG, but I can't see a reason why it would ever be. I'm sure the special will air in November when the game comes out.

LOL @ people being paranoid, this reminds me of when people thought the Petalburg Gym arc was going to be banned because May's mother thought Norman was cheating on her with the local Nurse Joy.

The worst that happened is 4kids erased Norman's blushing and the episode went on as usual.

Its obvious this episode is being delayed because Ranger 2 doesn't come out in the U.S. till November.

Nope.

In Japan, "Fierce Fighting! Pokemon Girl's Day" ("Princess vs. Princess") and "It's Children's Day, Everyone Gather" ("The Purr-fect Hero") aired between "Fushigidane's Mysterious Flower Garden" ("Bulbasaur's Myseterious Garden") and "Guardie the Police Dog" ("The Case of the K9 Caper"). In the US, they don't air until after "The Ultimate Test."

I think these two episode WERE aired out of order in Japan, though, probably due to the messed up scheduling that went down after the Porygon incident?

pokeballs.png

Jessie is shown to have two Pokeballs in "So Near, Yet So Farfetch'd" (this episode took place before James got Victreebel), and in the dub she does say "Arbok and Lickitung are floating away!" when addressing the Pokemon that are inside. But "So Near..." aired before "Princess Versus Princess" in both versions. I checked on Bulbapedia and the episode in which she captured Lickitung aired on July 9, 1998 in Japan, but she has the Pokeball for it in an episode that aired on June 18. So I guess "Princess" aired out of order in both languages.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom