• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP153: Full of Danger! Kojirō's Treasure Chest!!

Re: DP 153 "Full of Danger! Kojirou's Treasure Chest!" Preview Thread

Well, he knows full well she can kick his ass. XD He knows she's not the easiest person and working with her is better than working against her, even when he disagrees with her plans. Actually, lately he's been a lot more "oh Jessie why so silly" than "oh snap better shut up if I don't want to get smacked with a frying pan". He's getting some assertiveness in! XD

Or just maybe it's because, I don't know... they're friends? And he's never been scared of her so I don't know where that "oh snap better shut up if I don't want to get smacked with a frying pan" came from.

Yeah, dude, James is kind of amazing. <3 I wish he had more confidence in himself, seems like Jessiebelle sucked a lot of it out of him. =( Growly should burn her. =D
If you had been telling that you do everything wrong you'd lost your confidence too T.T Poor guy needs some appreciation and love! :D

Maybe if he blasted Rumika and her mecha off in DP153 maybe he would feel better XD

Well, he knows full well she can kick his ass. XD He knows she's not the easiest person and working with her is better than working against her, even when he disagrees with her plans. Actually, lately he's been a lot more "oh Jessie why so silly" than "oh snap better shut up if I don't want to get smacked with a frying pan". He's getting some assertiveness in! XD
In the old days, he also disagreed with her multiple times, but her reaction at such times was... you know xD; So in the end, he just would rather sigh and do as she wanted.
But she is not that scary anymore as she practically stopped smacking him :p Moreover, he seems to learn how to put his remarks in a way to not offend her :p And this actually works xD

Or just maybe it's because, I don't know... they're friends? And he's never been scared of her so I don't know where that "oh snap better shut up if I don't want to get smacked with a frying pan" came from.

Kanto, RG, Kanto. She was a little more prone to violence back then. She didn't do it nearly as often as people think she did, and she definitely didn't hit James and Meowth as much as Meowth scratched Jessie and James' faces, but James still had to learn to avoid making her react violently by keeping his mouth shut. It's like when they just started riding the Magikarp sub and she kept smacking him in the face with her hair by accident when she was angry, or when the Scyther sliced her hair the first time. James noticed something that was hazardous to his health and learned to avoid it or deal with it (Meowth still isn't good at avoiding her hair when it's flying all over the place, though).

Of course, now Jessie doesn't really give them much of a reason to be careful. She's mellowed down quite a bit, now she's mostly incredibly silly and a little too aggressive for her own good. They still go "ohsnap" sometimes by instinct, but then Jess just does a silly thing and they're all "oh okay whew... that silly girl". Nowadays James is really good at speaking to Jessie in a way that doesn't make her feel insulted if he disagrees with her, too.

That was long. But in conclusion, James was never scared of Jessie (well, just when she wants to kill everyone because her hair is gone, anyone would be scared then), he just knows sometimes she can be a little painful and he'd rather avoid that. He likes avoiding things. You know, like trouble, commitment, crazy fiancées. ;-)

If you had been telling that you do everything wrong you'd lost your confidence too T.T Poor guy needs some appreciation and love! :D

Oh, definitely! He must feel like quite a failure. =( Good thing he has his BFFs to remind him that he's not quite a failure but rather an awesome guy. Now if he could just win a little more often, that would definitely make him feel better. Blasting Jessiebelle off would be a good start!

A few new pictures.

DP153oha_1.jpg

DP153oha_2.jpg

DP153oha_3.jpg

DP153oha_4.jpg

DP153oha_5.jpg

DP153oha_6.jpg

James is so purdy in the first cap.

Wonder what Jessiebelle said that made him run off. And then the scene at the balcony, seems like James is treating her differently than he usually does...

Good thing the episode is in less than 12 hours or I'd be exploding right now. This is all too exciting.

Yeah, I can't wait for this ep! I think I'll try to control myself and don't read anything here until I watch it (hopefully it won't take much time until this is uploaded... since I'm too impatient to wait too much)

James is so purdy in the first cap.
True dat. I don't think I've ever felt such a big urge to hug him.

Those caps are a bit confusing. I wonder how much time has passed between the party and Kojiro running away?

The second pic even looks like James might actually like Jessiebelle but SHE go away from him 0__0 I wonder if maybe there's any chance that James actually liked her at first and something caused her to change...

The second pic even looks like James might actually like Jessiebelle but SHE go away from him 0__0 I wonder if maybe there's any chance that James actually liked her at first and something caused her to change...
We've been wondering about that too. He was blushing in that one scene in the balcony. It would be awesome if he had a crush on her at first.

I don't think she changed, I think James just realized very quickly what kind of a person she is. :p

I hope they'll do it, as it'd be hilarious to see in flashback James running after her totally in love and back in the present run away from her in fear XDDDD

I don't think she changed, I think James just realized very quickly what kind of a person she is. :p

But if she acted this way since the beginning, why would he like her at all?

KOJIRO! :crush:
Oh, how much I love you *hugs him*

My, this episode looks like it's really going to tell us much more about Kojiro's past. Maybe even more than PM048 itself... o__O;

Anyway, pics are confusing a little... Thank godness, that it's airing in less than 12 hours... but still, it means I won't be able to sleep tonight :/

Looks and sweetness. I mean, we all know he's got a thing for redheads with that face

But holy schizen! I'm not gonna be able to do ANYTHING of use at school tomorrow x3 Too much excitement!!!!

Well, when you first see someone before they start talking to you you're going to judge by looks. Mean and crazy as she may be, Jessiebelle's rather pretty. She looks like Jessie and all that...

To add to what everyone else said, I think he also wanted to like her at first since they were going to get married. He probably didn't mind going along with an arranged marriage as long as the girl was nice.

Count me in on hoping he had a crush on her at first.

Funny how 3 posts in a row quoted my post XD
Well, I guess it is possible he still didn't find out her true personality
I wonder how that Spinarak from the scan is going to fit into all this stuff...

I hope it doesn't. I really don't care for some stupid spider in my Kojiro/Rumika/Gaa-chan ep :p If it's about backsotry and all, it should BE about backsotry and not a spider!

Oh, I totally forgot about the spider! But I think that if it appears, it will be just a random cameo. Though, it would be funny if Rumika used it to get Kojiro String Shotted. :p

I've been out of the loop for a long time now, but stuff like this makes me want to pick up the show again. There's no doubt I'll be catching this episode, it looks absolutely wonderful and far exceeds anything I've come to expect from Pocket Monsters' idea of continuity. I think all but the utmost optomistic of the fandom had given up on ever seeing Rumika's return, but this inspires faith once again. To top things off I just finished breeding a killer Growlithe on Diamond not even a full day before I heard about this. Epic win, GET!

Musashi said:
Count me in on hoping he had a crush on her at first.
Second that! :-D

Though, it would be funny if Rumika used it to get Kojiro String Shotted. :p

If Spinarak is really going to appear, then... YES PLEASE! :-D

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom