• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP182: Eve of Battle! Satoshi's Pokémon All Together!!

Re: DP 182 "The Night before the Fierce Fight! Assembly of Satoshi's Pokémon!!" Previ

Yeah, at first I thought that was from Delia until Ash said it's from Oak =\ they really should've made it from Delia and then make Ash call Oak anyway... it's stupid that Delia apparently ignores the League... even though we'll probably get a cameo of her watching

I thought the same thing! I was just thinking "aww how cute, Delia got her son flowers" ...
But no. :p

Re: DP 182 "The Night before the Fierce Fight! Assembly of Satoshi's Pokémon!!" Previ

I thought the same thing! I was just thinking "aww how cute, Delia got her son flowers" ...
But no. :p

Was that creepy or was that really creepy ?

Ashy boy,

I'm thinking of you... always...

Oakie

During the episode, I believe Oak realized that he sent Ash the wrong Pokemon. And Ash realized the same. Ash was swapping Pokemon teams consistently in order to prepare for the league. Apparently he wanted Heracross but received Snorlax instead? I was watching the episode on my cellphone and wasn't paying too much attention.

Now that I've seen the episode and all the Pokemon Ash will use for the league, it's very obvious he's being very tactical. The plot actually allows for it. He needs a grass type that isn't slow like Torterra, yet strong enough to hold its own, so Bayleef was needed (he could have used Bulbasaur too, but HSGG advertising has Bayleef win out). Totodile is obviously more agile than Buizel, while Corphish has the strongest physical attacks while being reasonably fast. Quilava is obviously very different from Infernape, and Torkoal wins out on defense. Heracross is the only bug type he has, Donphan is his only ground type, and Glalie is his only ice type; all happen to be very strong. Noctowl can use psychic attacks, something Staraptor can't do.

Why no Sceptile or Swellow? Well, I think Infernape is somewhat similar Sceptile as two-legged, fast and strong Pokemon. And Swellow and Staraptor are obviously parallel. It's flawed reasoning, but the writers need to advertise.

Ash has a good team for the league. He should do well.

The rivalries stood for different things. Satoshi has to win to prove that his training methods are better. Hikari never had to beat Nozomi.

Why do people not get this?

I guess cuz we just assume Ash will be heading to the next region???
There isn't enough time for an Elit arc so Ash has to loose here.
I assume hey'll at least make it to the top 2 at least.

I guess cuz we just assume Ash will be heading to the next region???
There isn't enough time for an Elit arc so Ash has to loose here.
I assume hey'll at least make it to the top 2 at least.

Or he could lose straight away against Ryo?

He isn't losing to Shinji. The entire point of the rivalry is that he comes on top at the end to prove that his methods were better, the finals or an earlier round. As so many others have said here before, the writers are not going to go against the message of what the show is about.

When I thought that Hikari was winning the GF, did I take into account what he rivalry with Nozomi stood for? No, I didn't and it was stupid. A master/student role doesn't require the student to beat the master to show that the student learned anything. Hence why Hikari didn't have to beat her rival.

Even then has Satoshi and Shinji ever mentioned facing off in the final as much as Hikari and Nozomi did? Exactly.

Anyway I want to know exactly what was being discussed between Ash and Barry. Ash knew the Pokemon that attacked Barry was his but Ash and Barry said something that sounded more like "Chikorita" rather than "Bayleef" so I'm wondering what was going on in that scene. So what's (if I'm typing it right) "Chiko-lee" could it be referring to Bayleef's leaf possibly?
I didn't see anyone get to this yet, so I'll step in. Yeah, I believe Barry didn't see what tackled him, but did get a whiff of Bayleef's leaf, which lets off a sweet-smelling scent. That was basically the clue Ash needed to go "Ah-ha! I know what Pokemon is missing!"

sinnohleague.png
Oi, talk about your generic faces. The one that looks like it could be an interesting face is the lower-righthand corner trainer. Keep your eye out for that one.

You know...the guy in the hat that had Heatran is nowhere on that board.

Re: DP 182 "The Night before the Fierce Fight! Assembly of Satoshi's Pokémon!!" Revie

I'm glad the writers gave Eruption to Quilava, it just fits his battling style as he's all about dodging and taking as little damage as possible. I'm sorta hoping the writers follow that trend with Ash's other Johto pokemon and give them moves that reflect how they fight.

Re: DP 182 "The Night before the Fierce Fight! Assembly of Satoshi's Pokémon!!" Revie

Just saw the ep and it was great! I loved seeing all of Ash's old pokes (especially heracross who was really funny xp). Well onto the first round of the Sinnoh league!

I loved seeing Satoshi's old Pokemon, especially Bayleef, Heigani, Waninoko and Hinoarashi evolving into Magmarashi. And Jun's bump on his head thanks to Bayleef was hilarious as hell. Plus Kouhei's creepiness! Overall a great episode. :D

Yes, awesome episode was awesome. I loved seeing Ash's old pokemon. And Cyndaquil's evolution was awesome and well deserved. I had been waiting for its evolution since Quilava made its debut in that Johto episode.

Also, lol at the random Heatran in the background. I mean... no one even cared!

As the episode was ending, I was bit confused since I didn't see the other 5 pokemon. And then suddenly the fast forward button is hit and viola. 5 pokemon in less than a minute.

Still frames for the win! :p

I'm getting a feeling that still frames will get a lot of use by the time the League is over...

So cool to see Ash's old Pokemon, especially Totodile and Cynda...I mean Quilava. Loved seeing its new moves as well. FUCKING ERUPTION BITCHES UP YOURS TORKOAL!

Now I'm anxious to see what everyone else has learned.

I can't believe Kingler, Sceptile and Swellow weren't shown at all.

Why show Bulbasaur then if it won't be used either?

Still frames for the win! :p

It also explains how Donphan was in the episode (to a degree), despite Donphan's VA wasn't mentioned, as well as Paul being in the episode as well (although Paul just didn't say anything and wasn't covered by music like Donphan was).

I had something else to discuss but I forgot what it was so I'll just say (for the moment) that I'm a little disappointed that not all of Ash's Pokemon were shown (the one's from Professor Oak).

FUCKING ERUPTION BITCHES UP YOURS TORKOAL!

Eruption, a movewho's more powerful the more the pokemon is healthy, wouldn't really fit a tank like Torkoal. If he didn't have Overheat, I might like to see lava plume on Torkoal. If not, Gyro Ball or Earth Power maybe...

Now I'm anxious to see what everyone else has learned.

*Crosses fingers* Totodile = Superpower + Ice fang (+ Aqua tail)

Loved this ep.Quilava is awesome and they all looked great laughing togethar. Now i hope Quilava remains in this stage and doesnt evolve again. All of ash's old pokemon look great in training and its nice to see that atleast some of the old ones will be used in the league

and now Scott can stop with the annoying "weak johto" team garbage. BTW, does anyone know where scott is?

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom