• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP189: Shin'ō League Semi-Finals! Enter Darkrai!!

He has to get through the Elite 4 fisrt.
Yeah and if anyone in there could take him down it'd probably be Flint or Aaron. But if he would make it to Cynthia, she'll just destroy him.

Seriously the league would've been better without Takuto and his f***** legendaries. What would've been next if Ash defeated Latios? A goddamn Entei?

Latios, what the HELL? Dude, Takuto is such a goddamned game breaker. Fucking GameSharker. Having Ash lose like that is not fair at all.

And what the hell does this teach us? That you need to be a lousy cheater with Legendary Pokemon to win your battles? Fucking lame.

QFT.

What a cheater using extreme UBARS while Ash is using some UU and borderline stuff. Stupid fucking writers had to come up with a way for Ash to get curb-stomped just so they can get to the next season.

Pokemon writers, do this again and you'll be dead.

QFT.

What a cheater using extreme UBARS while Ash is using some UU and borderline stuff. Stupid fucking writers had to come up with a way for Ash to get curb-stomped just so they can get to the next season.

Pokemon writers, do this again and you'll be dead.

My name is Leonardo and I do NOT endorse this comment, death threats, even if yur joking, aren't allowed mate.

Latios, what the HELL? Dude, Takuto is such a goddamned game breaker. Fucking GameSharker. Having Ash lose like that is not fair at all.

And what the hell does this teach us? That you need to be a lousy cheater with Legendary Pokemon to win your battles? Fucking lame.

It taught us that the best way to beat Ash is screw the rules and capture legends.

Remember that things could have been much worse.

Darkrai could have defeated Sceptile in addition to the other three, as well as Swellow afterwards. Pikachu could have lost to the Latios rather than tying with him.

At least this was the first appearance of the Latios species in the anime. This particular pokemon has only been seen in the movies. Much less seeing a Latios battle.

Re: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Preview Thread

I honestly felt like the first half of the episode was basically just kicking the fandom in the balls. The fact that Satoshi was the only one to score any KO's on Takuto's team, and two of them at that, does kind of make up for it. Satoshi would have obviously beaten the guy who Takuto beat in the final.

I agree. The dude who was up against Takuto in the final couldn't even beat Darkrai so I guess it is pretty likly that Satoshi would have won the whole league if it weren't for Takuto's Über Pokémon.

Although I was kinda disappointed that Torkoal lost so quickly and that Swellow, while looking pretty epic as usual couldn't land a hit on Latios I was more than happy my Sceptile's battle.

I just LOVE Sceptile. And even the Pikachu battle was awesome. This battle ( and the Froslass one) really shows that Pikachu can still be very entertaining in battles.

Yeah, Takuto was cheap and I really would have liked to see his other Pokémon but in the end Satoshi really grew during this league. I thought this episode would be average, but in the end it was intense and very entertaining.

What are the Pokemon Takuto's opponent owns? I can only see Magmortar (of course) and a sillhoute of Empoleon and Mismagius (on the display board).

Last edited:
I'm assuming Paul seemed disappointed because he wanted Ash to win, not because he wasn't good enough.

Last edited:
I'm assuming Paul seemed disappointed because he was he wanted Ash to win, not because he wasn't good enough.

Maybe he was thinking:-

"I got beat by this guy, how pathetic"

Well, thats what I would be thinking anyway, but Paul was probably thinking what you said.

DP189

- Doesn't even utter a word when sending Dakrai out.... cool! :D
- Heracross, go down early please =]
- No recharge time? Tut tut.
- So he is getting in hits? Good.
- That looked awesome xD
- Yay it is down early.
- Cotoise :D!
- I was right in my prediction, it goes down quickly xD
- Fukamaru... meeeeeeeeeh.
- And it's dead.
- Jukain...
- Oh great Jukain gets something cool but the others don't...
- Wtf.....
- A Latios.... I hate you J-J-M I thought you were joking...
- I'm guessing we can get an Enigma Crystal now or something?
- So he can catch more then one legendary. I am impressed.
- EW NOT YOU DEM BIRD.
- Couldn't DEM itself out of that :p
- The hat turning is nothing now xDDD
- Satoshi probably feels like an innocent battler on PBR with all these legendaries appearing...
- That was pretty cool at the end but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
- Takuto reveal the others please for fun :D
- Oh hey Shinji.
- Takuto won as he should have.
- LOL at their cheering poses.
- Now smack Shirona please and I will love you forever Takuto.
- Nothing like a good old whack on the back to greet someone!
- Takeshi thoughts...
- Bye Jun.

I er... I think I'm just gonna sit back and laugh for this one xDDD 7 out of 10.

I forgot to give my opinion on today's episode.

I think this episode has a predictable outcome, but even then, it is still a good experience despite that. The fact that Ash managed to defeat his opponent's few Pokemon leaves a great taste in my mouth, because the anime made legendary Pokemon strong, and because Ash can defeat (two of) them, his Pokemon must be strong as well. Oh well, he didn't get the prize, but he gets some bragging rights at least! I wondered if there is or was a third place battle, because it would be interesting if Ash won third, but as it stands, it didn't happen at all.

^
I wouldn't go that far. That Richie fight was in a league of it's own.
...guffaw.

I want Ash to fight this guy again in the next league, and beat him. He had so little build-up and we didn't even see half his team, so there's still plenty to go on there. I mean, WHO is Takuto anyway? Where is he from? Why does he have legendary pokemon in the first place? Where did he find them? Too many questions that haven't been resolved.
Adding to that, it'd make for a great climax to shut those darn dirty legendary pokemon down.

Awesome episode! I was so excited during the whole ep! I'm so happy I controled myself and didn't read spoilers! I was SHOCKED when Sceptile beat Darkrai and then got even MORE shocked when Takuto sent out WTF LATIOS!
I wanted Croconaw and it's too bad for the Johto starters... but since the battle was so awesome and I really enjoyed the ep, and the BW preview made me super excited... then forgive me Johto starters, but I couldn't careless about you right now XD I want BW to start already!

Re: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Preview Thread

OK, lets discuss this now, how the fuck, did Takuto manage to catch those legendaries? Does he have some secret power which gives him power over them or something? Cause honestly, that is unreal. he's what we would call and Uber-noob.

Master Ball!

Anyway, I think Cynthia or even Lance and Brandon could beat Takuto. Darkrai and Latios were strong, but they clearly weren't unbeatable. I actually think Darkrai wouldn't stand a chance against Garchomp. I'm not sure I agree with using Swellow in this match. It could only use physical attacks in a match where you'd have to keep your distance. Noctowl would have been a wiser idea, in my opinion.

I wonder how Paul would have done. I can see Elekible defeating Darkrai.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom