• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Elections called for Obama at the national level: PARTY THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that too in pictures. What's going on, some kind of contest for a future assassination plot?

I think it more likely people are afraid of "Commie Obama coming to take away their stuff", and want to be able to shoot at the evil Commie militia, than shoot at Obama himself.

I think a lot of citizens are worried about the idea that Obama will ban guns. Now he's stated his support for the 2nd Amendment, but he also supported the DC handgun ban before it was struck down. Also, there's the 1996 political questionnaire where he indicated that he would support a total ban of handguns. There would be far too much political upheaval for him to try something like that, but at the least I expect we'll have a return to the assault weapons ban.

Which is far from a bad thing. Who really needs an assault weapon?

We need our assault weapons for duck hunting!

I don't see this sudden rush of buying guns is just because Obama will restrict their right to own them. The danger, I believe, is not there, it's what they're planning to do with them.

Politics is blah.. but I am glad that Obama won. Change has come :D

Yesterday I was watching a Fox News report about the whole G-20 thing, and they were talking about how they were planning to meet in April. They say that by then, the US representative will be "President Obama".

I so love hearing that. X3

MSNBC called NE-02 for Obama as did fivethirtyeight. This is yet another first since Johnson.

Everyone knows Bush is on his out and really can't do anything. The congress has been their ears back and will keep him from doing anything two rash. They also want to see what new ideas this relatively young president elect brings to the table.

Yesterday I was watching a Fox News report about the whole G-20 thing, and they were talking about how they were planning to meet in April. They say that by then, the US representative will be "President Obama".

I so love hearing that. X3

It does bring a good ring to your ears.

Yeah it does.

I gotta say, McCain was very respectful in his concession.
too bad his voters weren't so respectful. :(

I have to say that the strong likelihood of Hillary ending up being his Secretary of State is disillusioning me.

I have to ask, is Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State that bad? I mean, after being washed of Palin for three months, I don't think so bad of Hillary anymore.

I have to ask, is Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State that bad? I mean, after being washed of Palin for three months, I don't think so bad of Hillary anymore.

It certainly isn't much 'change.'

I think it's a good move as it gives Obama a good cop/bad cop set up. He wants to fight his battles at the diplomatic table and not on the battlefield.

He's filling his Cabinet with experienced people who aren't going to just agree with whatever he says. It'll be a nice change to have a Cabinet that ISN'T made up of one big, collective mind.

He's also making it fairly diverse, too.

I guess he might as well appoint John McCain as Secretary of Defense or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom