• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Evaluate Ω Phalkon's Uber team (if you can even use those...)

RavenKingSage

MY NAME IS GUNDHAM TANAKAAAAAAAAA
Reaction score
Ω Phalkon's Uber team

483.png

Moveset: Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Outrage, Stealth Rock
Item: Adamant Orb
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Atk / 252 SpA
Purpose: Dialga is a mixed attacker. It also sets up Stealth Rock at the beginning of the battle.

491.png

Moveset: Dark Pulse, Focus Blast, Spacial Rend, Thunder
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Purpose: Darkrai is a Special Sweeper with a Choice Scarf.

HGSS_Lugia_Sprite_by_Pokemon_Diamond.gif

Moveset: Roost, Reflect, Toxic, Ice Beam
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Purpose: One word: Wall.

202_wobbuffet_1_m.png

Moveset: Encore, Safeguard, Counter, Mirror Coat
Nature: Calm or Bold
EVs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD
Purpose: Wobbuffet's purpose should be pretty obvious.

Sprite_4_d_384.png

Moveset: Dragon Dance, Overheat, Outrage, Earthquake
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 216 Spe
Purpose: Rayquaza is a sweeper.

kyogre.png

Moveset: Calm Mind, Surf, Ice Beam, Thunder
Purpose: Kyogre is a Calm Mind sweeper, with a combination that covers nearly all Pokémon. Thunder works nicely on Kyogre because it summons the rain when it enters the battle.

Now open for ratings.

Last edited:
I'd use choice scarf on darkia, and run nasty plot over focus blast, as focus blast's power is lowered to 84, making dark pulse typically better and more reliable.
also, for a dialga lead, make sure you can beat other leads. i'd check this out. Groudon beat you with stab earthquake and it gets to set up, your fire blast cannot 1hko, and groudon's earthquake may 1hko. Dialga gets out-sped and sleeped, I don't know who you would switch to. Shaymin you can beat. Deoxys gets 2 tuns to set up, making that not a good match up.

although I don't like fire fang with kyrouge, it kind of clashes, and fire fang has low power anyway.

anywany, good team, I tend to be negative.
I'd test on shoddy, Also, I'd add wobbofette or blissey in place of shaymin.

You have to say that you want to battle in Ubers, most competitive leagues won't do Uber Pokemon normally.

As for the team... I agree with the above poster and use the lead mentioned.

I would suggest trying Rayquaza in place of Garchomp because although you lose some speed, you gain priority and more power. As far as I know, Garchomp is mostly used as a Scarfer in ubers. Also, Fire Fang isn't necessary because it's only ever used for Skarmory and Bronzong: just use Stone Edge or Outrage in its place.

EDIT;; Also replace Shadow Claw with Shadow Sneak on Giratina. You are weak to all kinds of Mewtwo, and while the hole is still pretty bad, it at least helps. Alternately, Shadow Force is a better form of STAB than Shadow Claw due to the larger power. Despite being a two turn attack, it's actually quite good in ubers because far fewer things can take a hit from it. If you're not running Outrage, you will need the power.

Last edited:
Trick scarf Darkrai is better as a lead because you can get rid of a pokemon's lum berry then sleep them. You can set up SR later in the match. Also, You don't realize how helpful wobbufett is to this team, allowing kyogre, shaymin, garchomp, and to an extent giritina to set up. Its very helpful trust me.

Trick scarf Darkrai is better as a lead because you can get rid of a pokemon's lum berry then sleep them. You can set up SR later in the match. Also, You don't realize how helpful wobbufett is to this team, allowing kyogre, shaymin, garchomp, and to an extent giritina to set up. Its very helpful trust me.

Trick scarf Darkrai as a lead... I'll take that into consideration.

But isn't Wobbufett banned in competitive play?

I would suggest trying Rayquaza in place of Garchomp because although you lose some speed, you gain priority and more power. As far as I know, Garchomp is mostly used as a Scarfer in ubers. Also, Fire Fang isn't necessary because it's only ever used for Skarmory and Bronzong: just use Stone Edge or Outrage in its place.

EDIT;; Also replace Shadow Claw with Shadow Sneak on Giratina. You are weak to all kinds of Mewtwo, and while the hole is still pretty bad, it at least helps. Alternately, Shadow Force is a better form of STAB than Shadow Claw due to the larger power. Despite being a two turn attack, it's actually quite good in ubers because far fewer things can take a hit from it. If you're not running Outrage, you will need the power.

What exactly can Rayquaza do that Garchomp can't? And I'll consider one of those moves on Giratina.

Also, I'd add wobbofette or blissey in place of shaymin.

Blissey, no. It has a terrible, terrible physical defense and therefore can be easily shattered by too many teams.

And why in place of Shaymin? I feel like I need a good SubSeeder.

THis is Ubers, anything goes. Nothing is techincally banned in Ubers (Arceus is banned because they cant enforce the ev limit on shoddy). So wobbufett is usable and is the 7th most used pokemon on shoddy, and is on many offensive teams

Replacements:
Garchomp out. Rayquaza in.
Shaymin out. Wobbuffet in.

So here's the new Uber team...

491.png

Moveset: Trick, Dark Pulse, Dark Void, Focus Blast
Item: Choice Scarf / Choice Band / Choice Specs
Nature: Timid
Purpose: Darkrai is a special sweeper. It starts with Trick, to stick the foe with a Choice item. Darkrai then puts the foe to sleep and uses Focus Blast (in case it misses) while the foe is asleep, or it uses Dark Pulse.

483.png

Moveset: Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Brick Break, Stealth Rock
Item: Adamant Orb
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Atk / 252 SpA
Purpose: Dialga is a mixed attacker. It also sets up Stealth Rock at the beginning of the battle.

487_giratina_origin_1_m.png

Moveset: Substitute, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Shadow Claw
Item: Griseous Orb
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 86 HP / 216 Atk / 96 SpD / 112 Spe
Purpose: Giratina-O is a physical attacker. Most Pokémon in Uber have a higher Special Defense, so this is pretty helpful.

202_wobbuffet_1_m.png

Moveset: Encore, Safeguard, Counter, Mirror Coat
Nature: Calm or Bold
EVs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD
Purpose: Wobbuffet's purpose should be pretty obvious.

Sprite_4_d_384.png

Moveset: Dragon Dance, Outrage, Earthquake, Overheat
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 216 Spe
Purpose: Rayquaza is a sweeper. I'm having trouble deciding between the Dragon Dance set and the Swords Dance set, so I'll take any advice.

kyogre.png

Moveset: Calm Mind, Surf, Ice Beam, Thunder
Purpose: Kyogre is a Calm Mind sweeper, with a combination that covers nearly all Pokémon. Thunder works nicely on Kyogre because it summons the rain when it enters the battle.

I'd use choice scarf on darkia, and run nasty plot over focus blast, as focus blast's power is lowered to 84, making dark pulse typically better and more reliable.

Nasty Plot + Choice Scarf?

Also, I just want to point out something about math. I assume you are saying that Focus Blast is only 84 power because of its shaky accuracy. This would be the correct expected value for Focus Blast. However, the problem with expected values is that they only make sense in the context of a large number of hits over a large amount of time. In Pokemon, it doesn't make sense to do this over a number of battles, because you will either get your KO number or not. It only works for individual battles if you expect a large number of hits against a single pokemon - in other words, you are bulky. Darkrai is not bulky, so it doesn't make sense to do this. It makes more sense to say, "If you are relying on this move to KO, you only have a 70% chance to do it." than it does to say, "This move has 84 base power on average." This is because Darkrai will probably die if it doesn't get its KO.

Anyway, statistics rant over.

you do know what trick does, right? Makes the oppoent, not you, locked into a move.
with trick getting the opponent locked into stealth rock, you have time to set up a nasty plot, and if your opponent sends out something weak to it, 2/3 of the time you get no damage and then they can go for the ko, since darkria has no bulk.

Darkrai should be scarfed, s o it outspeeds leads and locks them in. Nasty plot can work so it can sweep, but it will only have 1 attacking hove, because of dark void. If you don't run dark void, mewtwo outclasses it.

oh yeah, if you don't have para support, DDquaza is better. SD quaza needs t-wave support

Last edited:
Darkrai should be scarfed, s o it outspeeds leads and locks them in. Nasty plot can work so it can sweep, but it will only have 1 attacking hove, because of dark void. If you don't run dark void, mewtwo outclasses it.

How would Scarfing Darkrai lock in the foe? As far as I know, Scarfs lock the holder into one move, which I obviously can't do to Darkrai.

if you use trick, you are no longer locked into trick.
like this:
darkria used trick!
darkria recived lum berry!
groudon recived choice scarf!
groudon used stealth rock!
turn 2:
groudon used stealth rock! it failed!
darkria used nast plot!
like that, use a nasty plot while they are locked into a move with trick, because with dark void sleeping, and trick locking them in, you should have lots of chances to set up. But, if you use anything but trick or your opponent has a choice item, your locked into that move.

Also, try shoddy battle out!

Also, try shoddy battle out!
Yes , Shoddy's really an excellent way to test out teams. I went through 7 teams before I found the 8th that fit my style. Making those teams on Platinum would have ben a nightmare, but this way it only take sa few seconds.

Last edited:
I see what you're saying about Trick, but you're still forgetting that sleep clause exists and only having a Dark move does not make for a good sweep. Nasty Plotting is a wasted turn if they can just force you out because you can't do anything even with the boost. Focus Blast + Dark Pulse on the other hand, gives you wonderful coverage and can let you take a chunk out of anything that comes in on you.

Nasty Plot should be saved for a Darkrai set with no Choice Item and that does not lead.

Actually they are both on the suggested set on smogon, both slashed in. I would say use nasty plot simply because you don't have a late game sweeper, and this is a pretty good one., even with one attack. My advice is to test both out and see which is more useful.

What exactly can Rayquaza do that Garchomp can't? And I'll consider one of those moves on Giratina.

For the Swords Dance set, you gain extra power (Rayquaza gets OHKOs that Garchomp either requires a LO for, or can't get period), Extremespeed for faster threats so Scarfers can't come and revenge you, and if SD doesn't work out for your team, you can either run DD or a mixed set.

I'm mostly concerned that I still don't feel your team is prepared for X random scarfer, especially if Darkrai dies. Beware of Dialga, Palkia, Mewtwo, and (rarely) Deoxys-A or S.

and only having a Dark move does not make for a good sweep.

You do realize that Focus Blast is an attack too, right? An inaccurate and risky attack at that, but sleeping the foe gives Darkrai a second chance, hell maybe even a third if it misses.

F-22 said:
For the Swords Dance set, you gain extra power (Rayquaza gets OHKOs that Garchomp either requires a LO for, or can't get period), Extremespeed for faster threats so Scarfers can't come and revenge you, and if SD doesn't work out for your team, you can either run DD or a mixed set.

So I should use the Swords Dance set on Rayquaza?

Also, I'll try Shoddy Battle when...

1) I get faster Internet.
2) I actually understand how to correctly use it.

ok.
It's impossible to know how a team works if you don't test it.
trust me.
good luck on competetive battling. Also, once you get a good team, you can experiment with new pokémon.

have you guys played ubers? I did a lot before shoddy battle stopped working. Also, anyone who says you can't use ubers is a huge noob.

edir: and what are you talking about coolikng, how does focus blast darkria make swordsdance raquaza and better?? What?

Last edited:
I wouldn't use SD rey because it works best with paralysis support, while DDquaza doesn't need it. DDquaza is better if you run nasty plot on darkrai who can be a late game sweeer instead, but if you run FB on darkrai SD is a reasonable option

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom