• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Events in the Remakes

How should ORAS event Pokémon work?

• Just give us the event Pokémon directly

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Go back to the old way; let us catch them ourselves

Votes: 45 81.8%

• Total voters
Re: Events in ORAS - how do you want them to work?

I'm getting handed a Pokemon that didn't even belong to another trainer, so why can I not nickname it?
I don't think it's intentional that you can't nickname them, but that it's a side effect of them having a different OT that Gamefreak never really took into account during development. Still, they should have some sort of list of OTs that you can change nicknames for.

I think that might be part of the reason why they just give you the Pokemon now. That, and they probably want to discourage hacking.

DLC allows for events to be added after development though, so while it was an issue back then it shouldn't be a problem now.

I don't think it's intentional that you can't nickname them, but that it's a side effect of them having a different OT that Gamefreak never really took into account during development. Still, they should have some sort of list of OTs that you can change nicknames for.

It is understandable, but I don't see why they couldn't let the Pokemon get our OT when we get it. Honestly, what kind of OT is Toys R Us that prevents me from being able to nickname my Pokemon? I'd like that if they have to just give us the Pokemon, they do allow us to change the name for those Pokemon. But, overall, I would like to just go back to catching them. It would just be easier.

I think that might be part of the reason why they just give you the Pokemon now. That, and they probably want to discourage hacking.

DLC allows for events to be added after development though, so while it was an issue back then it shouldn't be a problem now.

True, but we still don't know to what degree Game Freak is using DLC this generation, so they may not consider it to be a good solution.

Not sure if its been discussed and skip what I'm about to write if you don't want to be spoiled on hoopa

Hoppa can make islands disappear and takes stuff into the desert, mirage island, tower that disappears in hoenns desert. I think Hoopa will be an event for omega ruby and maybe mirage island will be where we catch it turning it into an event area. It also describes how a team was using hoopa maybe team aqua/magma will know something about hoppa

I like the online event distributions better than wild encounters.

At least when you SR for natures/perfect IVs, it won't take as long.

I would prefer to have in-game events, a little story before then be able to save before battling as I could use a Pokemon with synchronize to higher the chances of getting the natures I want so it will be a little easier to get the IVs. I have plenty of masterballs as not many people actually used it for X and Y as there was no roaming legendary.

I'd rather have all the Event Pokémon from now on get the Sinnoh treatment and be available in-game, with only the event items being distributed.

I'd love to go back to the old way of getting event access through an item and going on a trip to catch the Pokemon yourself. It was so much cooler that way! The last few years of just downloading an event pokemon and picking it up at the center is so boring and cheap. I wanna get on a ship or something and go catch them myself :)

I really hope they'll put the Deoxys event in ORAS. It's my fave Gen III Legendary.

I like the online event distributions better than wild encounters.

At least when you SR for natures/perfect IVs, it won't take as long.

Nearly all event Pokemon fall into that No Breeding category, giving them at least 3 perfect IVs. With wild encounters, you can further manipulate nature with a Synchronize user so I don't know how online is faster.

Can we eliminate events entirely? If I miss an event or lose a game I can never access that content again. I want Pokemon games I can enjoy just as much 10 years from now.

I feel the same way, I mean, if you miss your event NOW you can never get it back without a cheating device.
witch really sucks 'cause there are so many great events that no one can use because it only happened once.

I was looking at the movie event pokemon in the past and we're likely to get Jirachi for the 2015 movie seeing as we got Mew for Lucario and the Mystery of Mew and we got Celebi for the Zoroark movie. I think we'll have 2 events in-between the end of the Shiny Beldum event and the movie event which should come around October. I can definitely see Deoxys being distributed, although I'm not that excited as we had the event or it in BW2. For the other pokemon, I think we'll see Mew as it and Jirachi haven't seen a event in the west for the longest period of time and even Japan hasn't had a Mew event since 2010 for HGSS. And even though the 20th anniversary will be in 2016, having to wait 6 years for a Mew event would be a bit much.

I do hope that they don't make Naval Rock an event since Ho-Oh/Lugia should not be obtainable only by an event. It would be great if that was a post game area after beating the E4 or if they did something new for Ho-Oh/Lugia. However I would love to see new/updated versions of the Deoxys/Mew/Eon Duo events since I think its a lot funner to be able to catch event Pokemon and they have not really been doing that for a long time so it would be a nice change.

Also I would love if they did an event for Jirachi like that too, since there was a common myth I remember around the time R/S came out that if you got a certain amount of rocket launches at the Mossdeep Space Center then you could go to the moon or somewhere in space to catch Jirachi, it would be great maybe if they could incorporate that somehow into an event for Jirachi as a nice throwback.

Last edited:
Events are pretty much a given. They've been doing them since the DPPt days, maybe even sooner; DPPt is just as far back as I can remember. There's no reason why they wouldn't do events for ORAS. It's just a matter of which events they do, really.

Likely going to be a Deoxys and Jirachi event since those aren't obtainable in the games. Probably a repeat of all events they had back in the RSE days, but maybe done differently given that there's new ways of getting things thanks to wifi. Would be pretty neat if they did a Regigigas based thing, but I imagine that would be part of the game itself since the 3 original Regis are all obtainable in the games anyways, so no need for an event. An event where you can get the opposite legendary duo, Kyogre for Omega Ruby & Groudon for Alpha Sapphire, in your game would be nice as well, but I think you can already do that in game? I can't remember, been too long since I played the 3rd gen and I didn't really like it that much whoops.

Just a repeat of the old events would be good enough for me. Probably some Mega based events thrown in there too, I bet.

Events are pretty much a given. They've been doing them since the DPPt days, maybe even sooner; DPPt is just as far back as I can remember. There's no reason why they wouldn't do events for ORAS. It's just a matter of which events they do, really.

Likely going to be a Deoxys and Jirachi event since those aren't obtainable in the games. Probably a repeat of all events they had back in the RSE days, but maybe done differently given that there's new ways of getting things thanks to wifi. Would be pretty neat if they did a Regigigas based thing, but I imagine that would be part of the game itself since the 3 original Regis are all obtainable in the games anyways, so no need for an event. An event where you can get the opposite legendary duo, Kyogre for Omega Ruby & Groudon for Alpha Sapphire, in your game would be nice as well, but I think you can already do that in game? I can't remember, been too long since I played the 3rd gen and I didn't really like it that much whoops.

Just a repeat of the old events would be good enough for me. Probably some Mega based events thrown in there too, I bet.

They've been doing events before DPPt and a lot of them were 'special' and had in game backstory. Emerald had Mew at Faraway Island, Ho-oh and Lugia at Navel Rock, Deoxys at one of the Sevii Islands and RSE had the other Lati@s at Southern Island. I kind of hope the implement the last one in the game this time. They didn't do any event for obtaining the opposite Weather legendary and I don't think they've ever done something like that.

Personally, I want tons of Wi-Fi events since we never get any physical distributions in NZ. I'd like to see Southern Island, Deoxys and Regigigas in game rather than in events. Hopefully Jirachi or Deoxys will be distributed online otherwise.

EDIT: Oh Celebi was available in Japan in Johto as well. Events go way back.

I'd love to go back to the old way of getting event access through an item and going on a trip to catch the Pokemon yourself. It was so much cooler that way! The last few years of just downloading an event pokemon and picking it up at the center is so boring and cheap. I wanna get on a ship or something and go catch them myself :)

Yes! Thank you! This is exactly how I feel. I mean, with how underwhelming the Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion events were, I'd much rather be able to catch them myself and have them automatically be labeled as Fateful Encounters... Unless the event is so well done that it ties a lot of Pokémon lore together, I'd much rather be able to catch the Pokémon myself. Like Victini in Black and White (which I never got the item for LOL)

They've been doing events before DPPt and a lot of them were 'special' and had in game backstory. Emerald had Mew at Faraway Island, Ho-oh and Lugia at Navel Rock, Deoxys at one of the Sevii Islands and RSE had the other Lati@s at Southern Island. I kind of hope the implement the last one in the game this time. They didn't do any event for obtaining the opposite Weather legendary and I don't think they've ever done something like that.

Personally, I want tons of Wi-Fi events since we never get any physical distributions in NZ. I'd like to see Southern Island, Deoxys and Regigigas in game rather than in events. Hopefully Jirachi or Deoxys will be distributed online otherwise.

Mew was the very first event Pokémon, for Red and Green. So events have always been around. The Mew event is credited with saving the franchise, as well.

Mew was the very first event Pokémon, for Red and Green. So events have always been around. The Mew event is credited with saving the franchise, as well.

I did say that DPPt was as far back as I could remember & that there were probably events sooner. :/ Just speculating on events I'd like to see in the games, not saying they're going to happen or not.

I want Faraway Island back. Only Japan got that event and Id like to see it back released worldwide. I want to catch my own Mew.
Or better yet, soft reset for a shiny. Since Mew is untradable via the GTS anyway, why the slag not? It's not like the GTS will be flooded with them! And better yet, I get to name it, which is something I would love to do. Every Pokemon I have is given a name. That makes them completely unique and special to me and my team. (You think I kid? I speak in different tones when it comes to Riser, Dogū and Titan. They may all be Golurk but they all had different roles and their names speak to this.) I'm dead sick of being handed a Pokemon that is rare and unnameable. Let me catch it and give it a worthy name. In the case of Mew, it would be "Precious".

I want Faraway Island back. Only Japan got that event and Id like to see it back released worldwide. I want to catch my own Mew.
Or better yet, soft reset for a shiny. Since Mew is untradable via the GTS anyway, why the slag not? It's not like the GTS will be flooded with them! And better yet, I get to name it, which is something I would love to do. Every Pokemon I have is given a name. That makes them completely unique and special to me and my team. (You think I kid? I speak in different tones when it comes to Riser, Dogū and Titan. They may all be Golurk but they all had different roles and their names speak to this.) I'm dead sick of being handed a Pokemon that is rare and unnameable. Let me catch it and give it a worthy name. In the case of Mew, it would be "Precious".

I think they would probably shiny lock it now even if they chose to put it in the remakes, sad to say, that seems to be a recent trend with Game Freak.

Also sad to say, now I cant see them recreating this or other events like this in the remake, I have a lot of doubts they'll be included.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom